Virus?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Virus?

Post by Smiley »

Sick of these bastards that release virae to destroy computers or disabling them....

Regardless, I think I've caught one, it seems all my game .exe's and a few programs refuse to run >=/

Anyone here who have received mails from me(Erik Jørgensen), with any content, please disregard or delete them. I'm giving my machine an overhaul to rid this shit.
Testicular Pugilist
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: Virus?

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Smiley wrote:Sick of these bastards that release virae to destroy computers or disabling them....

Regardless, I think I've caught one, it seems all my game .exe's and a few programs refuse to run >=/

Anyone here who have received mails from me(Erik Jørgensen), with any content, please disregard or delete them. I'm giving my machine an overhaul to rid this shit.
Crap. Me and the guy I share internet connection with had a virus earlier this month, got rid of it though. It kept rebooting the machines 60 secs after startup :?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

If all your exe files are screwed try running Windows setup. It happened to me a while ago and that did the trick.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: Virus?

Post by Strap »

Forty-six & Two wrote:
Smiley wrote:Sick of these bastards that release virae to destroy computers or disabling them....

Crap. Me and the guy I share internet connection with had a virus earlier this month, got rid of it though. It kept rebooting the machines 60 secs after startup :?
that must have been that MSblast or lovsan worm.

Recently I got a ton of spam to my email that all had obviously scam subjects and just said "see the file for more info." the file was some... *.pif or something iirc. never openned one.
The Jizz Stain
Regular
Regular

Post by The Jizz Stain »

I got the Blaster one a few weeks ago. It keeps kicking you off the internet after you log on. Sometime i could stay on for 10 minutes then sometimes it would be less than a minute. Had to format the hard drive and use recovery disks to fix it. That sucked monkey penis.
God does not like this.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

The Jizz Stain wrote:I got the Blaster one a few weeks ago. It keeps kicking you off the internet after you log on. Sometime i could stay on for 10 minutes then sometimes it would be less than a minute. Had to format the hard drive and use recovery disks to fix it. That sucked monkey penis.
eh... all you had to do was hit Ctrl-alt-del and end the "Msblast" process, then you go onto the internet unhampered by its presence and download a fix/patch from the microsoft website.
No formatting was required.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

The Jizz Stain wrote:I got the Blaster one a few weeks ago. It keeps kicking you off the internet after you log on. Sometime i could stay on for 10 minutes then sometimes it would be less than a minute. Had to format the hard drive and use recovery disks to fix it. That sucked monkey penis.
yeah, since all u really had to do was run the free blaster removal tool from symantec.

gg newb3
bey.
The Jizz Stain
Regular
Regular

Post by The Jizz Stain »

damnit there was a tool to get rid of it?
God does not like this.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i said gg didnt' i?
bey.
Garf
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Garf »

I recommend making sure windows is always up to date. It's amazing how many friggin security fixes they have for XP. It has so many loopholes in it.
The Jizz Stain
Regular
Regular

Post by The Jizz Stain »

I don't know i can't read
God does not like this.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

iohkus wrote:i said gg didnt' i?
good game eh?

Don't you mean GJ? as in "good job"

newb3 yourself
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

gg also known as Good Going and good game.

The difference between chatters and gamers usually....

I've cleaned my machine, it was in need anyway...
Wasn't the ms-blast, I protected myself against that one.

Ahh... nothing like a clean computer =)
Testicular Pugilist
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Smiley wrote:gg also known as Good Going and good game.

The difference between chatters and gamers usually....

I've cleaned my machine, it was in need anyway...
Wasn't the ms-blast, I protected myself against that one.

Ahh... nothing like a clean computer =)
That's a good idea. I think I'll do that too.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

stfu, nin > afi newb3
bey.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Least these problems are fixable, I can't even boot up my good computer as it doesn't detect the processor. Worse yet, customer service won't give me the time of day. Bastards.....
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

spyder07 wrote:Least these problems are fixable, I can't even boot up my good computer as it doesn't detect the processor. Worse yet, customer service won't give me the time of day. Bastards.....
If you bought your comp as a whole, then customer service for it should be 24/7.
But that is very doubtful... (that you bought a "whole" computer)

Me > iohkus
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

That's the thing, the tech support is a whole other company and they sent a refferal to the people I bought from for some replacement parts. But the computer company won't call, e-mail or anything as to what I'm to do.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

spyder07 wrote:That's the thing, the tech support is a whole other company and they sent a refferal to the people I bought from for some replacement parts. But the computer company won't call, e-mail or anything as to what I'm to do.
Sew 'em ;) . (if your lisence/tech support/warrenty agreement is still in effect)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Take it to a computer place to get it fixed, what I always do. Same guy who's built my computer has managed to fix my HDD probs and other stuff too.
Our Host!