Paranoid Ravings About The IPLAY Boards

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
mehatenet88
SDF!
SDF!

Paranoid Ravings About The IPLAY Boards

Post by mehatenet88 »

I admit that I have visited the unholy landfill that is the Interplay boards but after reading some posts about 'FO: BOS' (or POS, your preference) on the 'Fallout 1 and 2' boards (since they closed the official BOS forum...) I have a theory as to why some people are actually considering buying this crap instead of a good game, like Silent Hill 3...

The only negative posts about BOS are dealing with the fact that it's on a console. After one of these posts, someone says that 'just because it's on a console doesn't mean it's crap' and so on. But here is my point...

Maybe Interplay has their own employees saying 'BOS will suck because it's console' so if an ignorant reader may happen on to, say DaC, and read some posts about how FOBOS will suck in general, that ignorant reader may think that the only reason a real FO fan hates BOS is because it's console. So in effect, that ignorant reader will contemplate buying BOS!

By the way, this was my first TOPIC as a poster on DaC, so if yu thiink my net-rehtoric sucks, tell me why. And Moderators and whatnot can send my topic to the wasteland if necessary, just tell me why. Thanks!
-----
Beep
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Maybe I need to adjust my tinfoil hat, but I think that behaviour is a bit too coherent for Interplay right now.
Literacy is overated.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I had planned on renting it, at least.....But two nights ago, my xbox was stolen...Damned druggies...Always gotta steal my shit for their next hit...

I did break someone's hand over the ordeal...That made me feel good....very, very good.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Paranoid Ravings About The IPLAY Boards

Post by Gimp Mask »

mehatenet88 wrote:And Moderators and whatnot can send my topic to the wasteland if necessary, just tell me why.
Well, at least you won't have to blame yourself it seems!
and I don't think your theory makes much sense?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

A portion of this topic has been sent to The Wasteland under an easily identifiable title. Feel free to continue the discussion there.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Not as good as "Piercings and the cocks that love them" but still worthy of a few chuckles.

But errm yeah, Interplay forums suck we all pretty much know that.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

I'd post on the IPLY forums but jeez, that semen white/suffocation blue color scheme they use just burns holes in my eyeballs.

I also really don't like the people there.

The people here are annoying, loud, drunken, and high on opiates. This is my kind of forum.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Neon Dingo wrote:I'd post on the IPLY forums but jeez, that semen white/suffocation blue color scheme they use just burns holes in my eyeballs.
You can change the forum color scheme, you know. ;)

The quality of discussion there is rather...hit and miss, to say the least. There's also packs of fanboys there. (Fanboys, incidentaly, are one of those creatures that really ought to take the road of the dodo...)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

OTB wrote:You can change the forum color scheme, you know.
Haha, I figured you could, but the color scheme kept me away from registering, just like the sun keeps me from going outside. It's blinding!
The quality of discussion there is rather...hit and miss, to say the least. There's also packs of fanboys there. (Fanboys, incidentaly, are one of those creatures that really ought to take the road of the dodo...)
Yeah, that's pretty dead-on. What I really find annoying is when someone posts something about a design suggestion for Fallout and some fucking Baldur's Gate fanboy pops his little head in and starts spouting "Baldur's Gate is a superior game and has superior combat so STFU."

I really don't get why J.E. Sawyer thinks we're all bigoted assholes here at DAC. I think he's just afraid we'll prove him wrong.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Why stay here and get some real in-depth non-bullshit (Well, some non-bullshit.) opinions when he could prance around little fan-boys while they floss his feet?
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

J.E. Sawyer knows we'll prove him wrong so he's doing his best to sound enthusiastic for the immenent doom.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

If they want REAL discussions over there, not just by fanboys, then they should unban all the people who got banned by the infamous Chuck. They have me in a hannibal lecture cage cause i'm so hardcore.[/code]
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

o/ poop for being so hardcore.

Seems like another fine topic... personally I disdain anything to do with consoles nowadays, it seems to trashy and broad-based. Nothing for discerning tastes and all that? Still, some quality console titles have showed up over the years. Shadowrun for SNES / Genesis was closer to being an RPG than any CRPG, except (possibly) Fallout. Go figure.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Inin
Regular
Regular

Post by Inin »

JE Sawyer isn't afraid that DAC/NMA will prove him wrong, DAC/NMA has already proven him wrong. DAC and NMA are Fallout fansites that are still happenin' 6 years after Fallout was released. Most of its members will not be fooled by his rationalizations for implementing 'Woo'-style gameplay into Fallout 3. This represents a serious threat to F3 sales, look what effect DAC/NMA has had on FO:POS. I'd bet some serious money that game will flop. Hard. Even more than it would've flopped if DAC/NMA had completely igored the game. Even with that in mind, Sawyer & crew need to stir up interest in F3. Let's face it guys, there are a hell of a lot more 'Matrix kiddies' out there than Fallout fans. Knowing this, gameplay in F3 will most certainly lean towards them, not us. JE sticks to the IPLY forums because that's his target audience. Fanboys, not Fallout fans. If any Fallout fans jump on the F3 bandwagon, cool. If not, that's cool too. For every one of us that doesn't buy F3, there'll be at least ten 'Matrix kiddies' who do. For every one of us that puts down F3 when(if?) it's finally released, there'll be plenty of 'Matrix kiddies' who'll say it's "uber, it pwns Fallout 1!!!11" There will be no Fallout 3, for us. It will be for them.

Fallout 3: The Master Reloaded

Coming soon from Black Isle Studios.....

:)

-Inin
Fight the Good Fight-
and die with the enemies' heart in your hand.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've seen some things with F3 I'm concerned about...But for the most part JE's taking it in the right direction...Just doing updating and tweaking with the way the game works...

Gameplay and viewpoint seems to be very very similar to the first two incarnations of FO....

How did you decide that JE's fucking up? And why did you bring it up when talking about Chucky?
Inin
Regular
Regular

Post by Inin »

You'll have to excuse my Purist ass,

It may seem like JE is tweaking/updating, but anyone who has kept tabs on BIS knows that what they say and what they do are two totally separate things. This is their Standard Operating Procedure.

I didn't bring up JE by myself, Neon Dingo and Exitium mentioned him as well. I'm just rambling. It really sucks that F3 is finally being made, in the fashion that was discussed soo long ago('01/'02).

I didn't decide that JE was f**cking up F3. Interplay did, when they put him in charge of F3, instead of another Icewind Dale sequel. It's like hiring your gardener who does a damn good job on your lawn, to completely redecorate the interior of your house. JE is making F3 from a D&D mindset, kinda like Feargus' work/quests in F1 and F2(research these).

Alright, that's enough from me. I going back to lurking. Talking about F3 has ruined my day. "Out with the Bad, In with the Good..."

Fallout 3: Shadows of The Master

;)

-Inin(Just Another F**king Purist)
Fight the Good Fight-
and die with the enemies' heart in your hand.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

It seems to me like everybody just wants to jump on J.E. for every little thing he says, no matter how small and insignificant it may be. Even the smallest tweak in the rules of the game get a "that's not canon!" or "if it's not broke, don't fix it" argument.

He's never made a game I've played or would ever play, but he's also never said anything that's completely out of whack for the game or that I totally disagree with. How much he's telling us, what he's not telling us, and what he'll really do when it comes down to actually making the game is a different story, sure. But just given what he's said, I've had no problems at all with it. If anything, they seem like improvements to me.

I don't think it's fair to say he's making it with a D&D mindset just because he made a few lame D&D games. I have no love for anything medieval fantasy, particulary D&D, but just because someone likes D&D doesn't mean they don't like Fallout equally or moreso.

Give the guy and the game a chance, then if it comes out and sucks, then you find out where he lives.
Briareus
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Briareus »

I miss the BISIMG macro NICE THEORY that I made. :cry:
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Satan, it's like a death from a thousand cuts. He's changing a lot from the first games. Even if most of his changes when viewed as individual items aren't defining elements of Fallout, if you change enough "minor" elements you end up with a pretty different game.
Literacy is overated.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Inin if you don`t like the changes this is the time to say so. Think hard on the stuff, read the FAQ, then post what you think it`s right and wrong, and give reasons to it.

According to Puuk on the Iplay boards they are still waiting for art people that are working on BGDA2 to really start the hard work.
According to things Saint and Killzig are saying the game shouldn`t start full speed production until the end of the year.

So you still have time to try to defend your views, why not do it?

I`m really clear on that, on NMA everyone can criticise or agree on their will, i try not to lead the discussion in either way, but i do have views on what is beeing done:

-I like some things i`m earing, with the evil path changes and tweaks like doctor and first-aid beeing put together;
-other things i really don`t care either way, like guns and ammo, as long as generic names, fake brands and 50`s sci-fi pulp fiction guns show up;
-others i don`t like, but spend much of the last couple of years getting used to the idea they would show up, and that i don`t live in a perfect world with my perfect game beeing done, so i just don`t pay much attention to them anymore, like TB together with RT combat;
- and others i still am not convinced, and i doubt i ever will, like just marksmanship beeing the only gun skill, with a perk system to give more diversity to armed combat. I do try to leave others to speak out their arguments, since they are best at it, on this issue, as long as they are well thought, so i don`t post much about it, but i do take a stand, and say publicaly what i think about it, even in mails to the devs.

What i don`t do is saying "the game wil suck" and keep my arms crossed, i hope you won`t do that too, as everyone else, and work your arguments in discussions to try to make a better game, in your view, with well thought arguments, clearly written.

Because we still can get a good game, or at least to try to change things to make it better.

Let`s see what Sawyer and the guys can make, the faith many had in him was nice, but i`m not a guy that goes by faith, so rationally i think he and the others can make a good game, even if it`s not like the perfect idea of a Fallout game i have.

And if there are things you or me don`t like, we still have time to try and change them, so why not? Let`s start this ride, it still may lead us to some nice sunsets...
Our Host!