Anoying windows thing

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Anoying windows thing

Post by Strap »

Whenever I right click a picture on the internet and click "save as," I only have the option of saving it as a *.bmp...
I used to be able to save things as *.jpg's, but now, for some unknown reason, I can't. (it isn't on that pulldown menu either)

Is there a defaults setting in Win2k that lets you mess with this kinda' stuff?
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Just save it with the .jpg extension. Or change the name after you save it to have the extension.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Sure the file you're trying to save isn't a *.bmp? Some strange people out there put *.bmp files on web pages...Never figured that one out.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Naw... they are really .jpg's and naming them [something].jpg while saving them just makes a red X. Wierd..

Any place in settings have anything about this?
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

If you have any art program (i.e. PSP, Photoshop, etc. Don't think MS Paint lets you do it), you can convert the .bmp into something else (jpg, tga, and so on).
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Max-Violence wrote:If you have any art program (i.e. PSP, Photoshop, etc. Don't think MS Paint lets you do it), you can convert the .bmp into something else (jpg, tga, and so on).
Yea... but that takes time. I just want to be able to have a default immage save set to .jpg (or bmp if that's what it is online).

Plus, whenever I hit save as, it defaults to the name "untitled" and not the name of whatever that jpg really was. I don't know why it is doing this all of the sudden.

(btw, ms does let you save jpg's, they are just very poor quality)
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Strapon2 wrote:
Max-Violence wrote:If you have any art program (i.e. PSP, Photoshop, etc. Don't think MS Paint lets you do it), you can convert the .bmp into something else (jpg, tga, and so on).
Yea... but that takes time. I just want to be able to have a default immage save set to .jpg (or bmp if that's what it is online).

Plus, whenever I hit save as, it defaults to the name "untitled" and not the name of whatever that jpg really was. I don't know why it is doing this all of the sudden.

(btw, ms does let you save jpg's, they are just very poor quality)
i guess InternetExplorer didn't load the image correctly thus not displaying it properly
At least that was the case when i had that problem, albeit reloading did solve the matter most times

But why would anyone bother using IE if not necessary, Opera (or Mozilla as I have heard) does the trick for most webpages without any problems
But it's up to you ;)
Our Host!