The Unknownplayer Comic attack on Saint P

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Gimp Mask wrote:He talks to himself?
Uhh... Yes, he does.

JES made up that entire conversation on the iply boards... So why do you figure it is Saint there?
I thought JE meant the orange lover to represent the entire hardcore fallout fan base. Yes, Saint is one of the shaping members of the community, but I don't think JE made that post just about him.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Oh Dan (and the rest of you as well) I'm pretty sure that's whom J.E. Sawyer was referring to. There's no one more vocal than Saint Proverbius about the issue at the IPLY forums. And it can't be Rosh, either - as he doesn't visit that place.

Who else could it be? I doubt he was referring to the community in general. Perhaps the Hardcore Fallout community (i.e. us) but guess who most of the IPLY forum crowd pick to represent us?
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Saint is banned from the Iplay forums Rex, remember?

The discussion from the Codex spill over to the original thread on the BIS forum, that`s the thread the guy pick up to do the comic. It`s gone now, like a month of posts and Pms.
Evil Natured Robot
Respected
Respected

Post by Evil Natured Robot »

The comic's pretty accurate.
I'll get you, Yoshimi.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Evil Natured Robot wrote:The comic's pretty accurate.
did you even bother to read Rex's post, or not bother? or yes?
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

The post was just a generalization. It wasn't directed at anybody in particular.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

satanisgreat wrote:The post was just a generalization. It wasn't directed at anybody in particular.
The same could be said for the comic then...
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Yeah, well, like I said.... The comic is just an illustration of the post.
Briareus
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Briareus »

That comic is the funiest web comic I've read in a long time. If you click on the First button and read through some of the stuff he grabbed off of the Star Wars: Galaxies boards, it's enough to split your side.
Evil Natured Robot
Respected
Respected

Gimpsie Masksie wrote:did you even bother to read Rex's post, or not bother? or yes?
Yup, and I think he's splitting hairs. While some people have a justified concern that levels cannot be designed for TB and RT at the same time, he's missing the point of the comic. Which is that the community has gone beyond the bounds of reason in airing our concerns about making a TB/RT game. I don't think the point was to single out St. P himself, but rather to portray the general vibe of the community.

So, like I said, I think it's pretty accurate.
I'll get you, Yoshimi.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

LlamaG0d wrote:
Dan wrote:I don't see how Saint's is tied to this... This disscussion between The pear salesman and the Falloutboy is simply a post JE made in the iply forums?
Methinks Saint is the Vaultboy.
I almost get the feeling that this was a prod not only at Saint, but also toward all of DAC. We do have a tendency to say things like "Fuck you sawyer bitch-ass, no goddamned fucking RT! Fuck you bitch goddamn fuck jackass whore!!!1!11!!!2", while (I hope) we really feel that RT can be implemented as long as the TB game is completely unaffected.

Perhaps we should also realize that the FO3/VB dev. team has long stopped even looking at what we say due to our "Fuck you jackass bitch motherfucker RT loving sons-a-bitches" aproach to communication. Perhaps we should try a calmer, smarter aproach to talking with them, like saying "we feel that RT can be implemented as long as the TB game is completely unaffected."

Of course, I could be(and probobly am) wrong.
EDIT: I didnt realize that there was a second page... I've been having some technical probems recently with this site recently. I had assumed it was just an error, because IE crashed when I clicked the link.
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Briareus
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Briareus »

You guys are taking this way too personally. The guy that writes the comic just has someone send him a URL to a forum thread, and he makes a comic out of it. The thread the comic was based on is a very funny read for those who don't participate in Fallout/Van Buren discussions. Actually, the thread is just plain funny to read. :lol:
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

When are you assholes gonna stop being pussies and actually launch a forcefull attack on the idiots making Van Buren and FO:BOS?

I'm ready now damnit! J.E. SAYWER IF YOU'RE READING THIS I'M GONNA BURN YOUR FUCKING HUT DOWN!
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

...And then Hammer quickly got arrested...
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Well they clearly wont listen to actual reason.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Yes... We must take... REVOLUTION ACTION!!! AL;KFJALS;DFJLSDKFJALSDKFJLDSKFJLSDKFJADLKFJSDLKFJASLDKFJASLDKFJLSDKFJLASDJKFLSDKFJLSKDJFSDKLFJ

Damn that song kicks ass. Anyways, I was typing with my forehead, under which was Chuck's head.
Evil Natured Robot
Respected
Respected

Atari Teenage Riot = very good.

YOUR UNIFORM DOES NOT IMPRESS ME!!!

Fucking brilliant.

At any rate, Hammer, I really don't think the people making Van Buren are idiots. The people making FO: BOS aren't worthy of interaction, much less the effort involved in a forceful attack. How would one do such a thing, anyhow? Assault? Hmm? They're sick of hearing our textual attacks.
I'll get you, Yoshimi.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Evilsie Robotsie wrote:Yup, and I think he's splitting hairs. While some people have a justified concern that levels cannot be designed for TB and RT at the same time, he's missing the point of the comic. Which is that the community has gone beyond the bounds of reason in airing our concerns about making a TB/RT game.
Well, I haven't really seen a rt/tb game where combat worked really well (link me to one if you know any, though!). In Arcanum, beating the bad guys seemed to be quite a bit easier in real-time... IIRC they had to ditch a bunch of rules in FOT to make real-time more "balanced". I have a bad feeling that the turn-based combat of FO3 is going to somewhat suck because of real-time, so I think it's perfectly ok to be a little concerned. :S

I guess the game has to sell but adding realtime doesn't make me want to buy it
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Hammer, settle down... here have an ice cold labatt's and come watch the steelers kick the living shit out of the ratbirds...
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!