Hardwar

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Hardwar

Post by Phias »

One of those games that SOMEHOW never sold well, despite AMAZING graphics(for a 1998 game, even today they look good on a 3d card), awesome gameplay and just about everything you could ever want in a 3d space trading game.

It was MUCH better than Freelancer, which somehow got the attention which Hardwar evaded.

Has anyone been fortunate enough to have played this gem?

Also, this makes me ask you: Why do such excellent products fail to become popular when they deserve to?
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

It was 1998. Blade Runner owned.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Blade Runner SUCKED! I was so dissapointed in this game. The story was total blah. Graphics were......B-.....Bad Game.

As for Hardwar...Reminded me of a really old game that started with a T...Ehrm...Can't remember...Something about flying around over the ground and shooting alien ships...I dunno.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Yeah, Hardwar was underrated at the time, i thought. Blade Runner was great, tremendous replayability, i still install it from time to time and i always find something new.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Hardwar was awesome. Though... I never got far in the single-player missions =/

And it didn't take long to get a Neo-Tiger or Death's Head, and mod it to the max...

I could imagine multi would be hilarious, especially with +20 people!
Testicular Pugilist
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I actualy bought it and played it on my 200Mhz. It was bugged, slow, low fps...

But the gameplay had intersting moments, you can buy houses and shit, ships, trade, kill etc.

Still... Too many flaws that made it unbearable.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Pretty good game, though it does get boring after awhile. The online games are interesting, depending on the rules set by the admin, usually you can find 1-3 Online games at the forums at:
http://zedo.hardwar.org.uk/

The company that made the game was working on some patches before they died last december. The patch testers released the Beta patches to the public, and they add some things that may add replayability. The patches can be found at that site. Beta 4 is preferred by most.
Our Host!