Power Outages In the Eastern US

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Power Outages In the Eastern US

Post by satanisgreat »

Whooo! Anarchy in the US!

Execept for Boston, where I live. Anybody else watching this? Seems kind of important.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

The question is... What will follow? Will it be the muslim extremists OR Skynet?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Have the first terrorism-related hypothesis's arisen yet?
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Silver wrote:The question is... What will follow? Will it be the muslim extremists OR Skynet?
Yeah, I wish. Probably nothing at all. C'mon! I'm going down to NYC to riot!
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Maybe we recount some of the nukes the Russians are missing :P.

:: edit - might be alittle harsh, I assure you its a j/k.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Lynxer wrote:Have the first terrorism-related hypothesis's arisen yet?
Yeah, but they were quickly squashed. Cool though. New York, Toronto, Detroit, Otawa, all without power... What a fucking mess. Awesome.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Listen to me you non-believers, this is the first step of the ALIEN INVASION!!!! I'VE GOT MY WEAPONS READY!!! THOSE BUG-EYED BASTARDS ARE GONNA BE IN FOR ONE HELL OF A SUPRISE WHEN THEY COME FOR MY SHIT!
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

They're thinking about sending the National Guard in...

*glued to TV*....
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Sabbotage!! Probably some rodent that bit through a powerline. Quite surprisingly this happened somewhere in Holland the other day.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Lynxer wrote:Sabbotage!! Probably some rodent that bit through a powerline. Quite surprisingly this happened somewhere in Holland the other day.
You have powerlines in Holland?! NO WAY! :lol:
Literacy is overated.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

I wish all the power went out all over the world. Ohhh man that would be cool.

I wish Fallout was real.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Neon Dingo wrote:I wish all the power went out all over the world. Ohhh man that would be cool.

I wish Fallout was real.
Then become a crazy revolutionary and cause a third war world which will result in the complete destruction of the surface of the planet.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Looting in Ottawa! Woo hoo!

Just got power back after 7.5 hours. Damn, it got boring sometimes. You can only read so much, you know?

My cousin thought that it was an excercise for martial law. They did mobilize the National Guard semi-fast. Then again, she's crazy.

I wouldn't be suprised if the blame got tagged onto Canada. It's funny how much troubles we've got already.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I wish Fallout was real.
You'd take that back real quick when you realize how much work your skinny ass would have to do to survive.
PerroViejo
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by PerroViejo »

Lynxer wrote:Sabbotage!! Probably some rodent that bit through a powerline. Quite surprisingly this happened somewhere in Holland the other day.
Hmm. That explains one city... unless -GASP!- Are you suggesting that some devious plan has been set in motion in order to utilize specially trained muslim suicide rats to enable fifth column Alqueada operatives to unleash havoc in the U.S?

Either that or Hammer's allien invaders figure out the exact brainwave frequency that triggers in insatiable hunger for wire insulation in sewer rats. Clever bastards. :shock:

BTW Hammer has a point concerning the amount of work requiered to allow an individual to be capable of complete autonomous self-reliance. If anyone has had a chance to catch the show "Pioneer Valley" on PBS you'll be treated to a clue as to what living in the wild frontier in the 1800 entailed, perhaps not too different from life after current society colapses.

The show producers got a hold of 3 families (Parents plus two to three children) and two young couples; All from diverse backgrounds and let them work their way thru surviving for 8 months out of the year using only technology available in the 1850's.

They ended the experiment in late Fall, because although everyone wanted to stay and endure the winter (In the Dakotas no less) the producers of the show said that their experts felt that only the one couple where the guy would chop wood for an hour and a half every morning of every day of the week would have enough reserves to survive a typical winter.

I'd hate to think what would happen to joe average who would not even be given a "startup homestead" like the people on the show. Lots of work indeed.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Doyle wrote:
You have powerlines in Holland?! NO WAY! :lol:
Well... well... welll.. WELL atleast our cows are not geneticly cloned and hormone bread! Hah!
Hammer wrote:
I wish Fallout was real.
You'd take that back real quick when you realize how much work your skinny ass would have to do to survive.
lewl.

Now that I deeped myself in the matter, but this all is thanks to a powerfailure in a plant in Canada? Don't you think that thats ironic. It's like with the people here, they don't want Nuclear power plants on Dutch soil! Never! ... Yet like 80% of our power comes from French powerplants.

I guess the same is in America, only you got paid da price! :D. Nah we will prolly have our 'only' power cable snap during a weeny weener storm orso soon, right on Doyle ;).
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I've came to a conclusion awhile ago: Who fucking cares? On NBC this big loud "POWER OUTAGES" title fills the screen, with the suspenseful dramatic music of course. It's just a fucking power outage! No need to spend a day and a half (So far.) on it!

I think the news boys have just run out of material and were just waiting for something like this to happen. Next, they'll blame the Finnish. :lol: (Smilies are still gay, and so am I because that damn hypocrity thang...)
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

In all honesty, I'm glad the news isn't focusing on death and terror for once.
One day...
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

So, rather, you would like news to focus on cute little bunny rabbits frolicking about the flowers?
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

In a way, yeah.
One day...
Our Host!