Starcraft vs. Warcraft

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

Is your Avatar a picture of you? Starcraft 2 could be extremely cool indeed.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Best ever RTS: Total Annihilation

There were so many ways of creating wars in that, and it took such a damn long time that you had to pause once every hour and pull yourself together :laugh:

Starcraft imo was great because of the ingame story...

The gameplay was also great, and WCIII doesn't come near to the battles fough over the net, but one thing that WCIII *is* superior at, is mod-maps.
Some of them are pure genius.

EDIT: I wished they'd make a Universe Of StarCraft instead...
Walking around as a Protoss with his psi-blades, or a Terran Ghost for assasination-missions would be grand...

But I'm still signing up for WoW.
Testicular Pugilist
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

That would rock. Get recruited and fight for the Sons Of Korhal/Terran Confederacy, may your living as an SCV on the fringe colonies....
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

i think one of the main reasons starcraft looks better than wc, is cause it is futuristics, so u can use long range weapons, the actions is faster and wild, and looking all those units are dying in industrial quantities under your rays/guns/nukes/whatever is more impressive than looking them die by ur sword/axe/arrow/magic.

also, u can have lots of units in sc, wilder action guaranteed!

but i hate playing it against people that plays 24/7 or more, it looks knida frustrating, cause they know all those rushes and stuff i really don't care to kno.

but my favorite rts game is dune 2. the first ever! westwood and blizzard are great at making rts games, the best.

master of orion and star control are cool games, but pretty old.
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

I should pick up a copy of Dune 2000.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

star craft 2 would be pretty bad-ass.
after playing through all of star craft and its expansion i realize that the plot is pretty damn good, and also leaves way for much more plot in a second game. unlike other games where the end only really lets there be a crappy game afterwords, with so little story to cover.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Mr. Green wrote:I should pick up a copy of Dune 2000.
For gods sake *NO*!

Throughout all three campaigns *the same thing happens*!!!

It utterly sucks..! Not to mentio the units...!

Strapon, so far all of Blizzards games have left us wondering what will happen next, in just about all their games =)
Testicular Pugilist
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

The question every person is asking: what was Duran?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Maybe the Xel'naga or whatever they're called..?...
We don't really know anything about them, except for what stands in the manual, we don't even know if they're good at heart. Most likely, they're just a reckless scientist species..!

I don't remember, but were they destroyed by the swarm or did they survive?
Testicular Pugilist
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Duran was a Xel'naga - the ancient race. In the 'easter egg' map, he was busily working on creating a Protoss/Zerg hybrid.

Like Kerrigan isn't bad enough.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Yes, but the swarm destroyed their mother ships. And why did it take this long for a Xel to show his self?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I would love to see a fps based of on the very same principles as the initial starcraft. Think about it...whiping out hordes of Zerg hydralisks on an infested space vessel with ur comrades. That would be one hell of a compelling experience.

Does anyone remember the zerg cutscene, the one with the skirmish between a terran tastforce and a swarm of zerg in an overrun science vessel? 'Battle on the armada' or something, if memory serves. It would be awesome to play that scene.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

makes you wonder what the story in StarCraft Ghost will be. did they actually release anything about that?
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Starcraft was fun but I hate when people call the story original, if you know about the Alien series you will see StarCraft is basically a clone of it.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Stainless wrote:
Mr. Green wrote:I assume you're aware of the Wasteland/Fallout reference in the Terran Campaign: Rebel Yell.
Nope. Care to enlighten me? :lol:
way to be on the ball there silly pants :P
Lynxer wrote:I would love to see a fps based of on the very same principles as the initial starcraft. Think about it...whiping out hordes of Zerg hydralisks on an infested space vessel with ur comrades. That would be one hell of a compelling experience.
Like the marine campaigns of Alien Vs. Predator?
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

cause of the zergs? well, they are a copy, or they are inspired on aliens, no doubt, but they added more story that makes both different.

in starcraft the earth was overpopulated and they made a cleanse, sending the scum of society to space (others were killed). the xel naga created their first perfect race, the protoss, but it was a failure, then they created the aliens, errr, the zerg (yes, they are quite the same). the terran ships landed on some planets, made their colonies and confedereations, they went to war each other, the zerg came, then the protoss, and wiped a terran colony, trying to erradicate the zerg, the terran attacked them, bla bla bla, etc etc etc

yes, the zerg are the aliens.
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Lynxer wrote:I would love to see a fps based of on the very same principles as the initial starcraft. Think about it...whiping out hordes of Zerg hydralisks on an infested space vessel with ur comrades. That would be one hell of a compelling experience.

Does anyone remember the zerg cutscene, the one with the skirmish between a terran tastforce and a swarm of zerg in an overrun science vessel? 'Battle on the armada' or something, if memory serves. It would be awesome to play that scene.
Battle On The Amerigo and it was a Demolition Squad. Quite the Aliens reference.

I would want to see a FPS-RPG ala Deus Ex. The entire game would be different depending on what Terran role you chose. Wanna be a Ghost? Time to infilitrate, boy! If you wanted to be a Marine, I assume you would be a SCV in the training mission as the Zerg attacks. (Much like Halo, if memory serves.)

Message to dat Axel. m0i=stoopid.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Like the marine campaigns of Alien Vs. Predator?
Quite, but situated in the far superior SC universe.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

in starcraft the earth was overpopulated and they made a cleanse, sending the scum of society to space (others were killed). the xel naga created their first perfect race, the protoss, but it was a failure, then they created the aliens, errr, the zerg (yes, they are quite the same). the terran ships landed on some planets, made their colonies and confedereations, they went to war each other, the zerg came, then the protoss, and wiped a terran colony, trying to erradicate the zerg, the terran attacked them, bla bla bla, etc etc etc
In Aliens colonies of humans are the victims of the first Alien attacks, same in StarCraft. In Starcraft the Xel'Nagga created the Zerg, in Aliens the "pilot" race created the Aliens. We can go on and on with the multiple similarities, fact of the matter is in terms of story StarCraft is not original in any way shape or form.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Chuck Predators in the mix on the Alien side and you've got the Protoss accounted for, too. Although, admittedly, the differences there are greater.
Literacy is overated.
Our Host!