freddy vs jason vs house of the dead

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

The Thing was a shape-shifting intelligent alien mass. That for some reason had to kill things.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Eh, it was Kurt Russel with a beard. :)
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Mr. Green wrote:Eh, it was Kurt Russel with a beard. :)
Well, that would explain why it killed things.
Literacy is overated.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Exactly. :)
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

I just love that scene in the Thing where that science-guy calculates how many days it would take for the Thing to take over the world.

I mean, dude, all he saw the Thing do was take over some dogs and he watched some cells being taken over through the microscope. How in Frith's name is that enough to base a model on to calculate when exactly earth would go poof?

Also, the Thing was just, like, an alien that wanted earth. For some reason, aliens always want earth.

Mr Green; what's your first favourite Kubrick flick? Better be Strangelove...

Oh, and Jason X was cool. It made no sense, had little gore and too many inconsistenties and errors to count, but it was also too funny for words (and it had über-Jason). I mean:

Rowan: I don't think he's out there...
Janessa: Why don't you just stick your head out and have a peek?

Classic.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Kharn wrote:...Oh, and Jason X was cool. It made no sense, had little gore and too many inconsistenties and errors to count, but it was also too funny for words (and it had über-Jason)...
exactly my point. it was a funny movie. (sucked ass but it was good to laugh at)
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Kharn wrote:Mr Green; what's your first favourite Kubrick flick? Better be Strangelove.
Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb is my definitely my favourite. It was so perfect. Slim Pickens acting, the ending and Peter Sellers were top notch. I prefer the B&W version over the colour, seems more retro.

Hell, I sometimes wonder if Vera Lynn's We'll Meet Again is better that The Inkspots' Maybe.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Mr. Green wrote:Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb is my definitely my favourite. It was so perfect. Slim Pickens acting, the ending and Peter Sellers were top notch. I prefer the B&W version over the colour, seems more retro.

Hell, I sometimes wonder if Vera Lynn's We'll Meet Again is better that The Inkspots' Maybe.
I choose to disregard the colour versions, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist.

Dr Strangelove is my number-1 movie of all time. (of course, Conan is in my top-5, so most people choose to disregardmy opinion)
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Nothing wrong with Conan, although T2 beats it into the ground.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

The Conan movies have the single best fantasy soundtrack ever. It's tops if you're looking for music to provide ambiance while playing D&D.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

I have to agree with Spazmo. I would recommend the Baulder's Gate Soundtrack, but they all sound the exact same.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Spazmo wrote:The Conan movies have the single best fantasy soundtrack ever. It's tops if you're looking for music to provide ambiance while playing D&D.
You mean Basil Poledouris' works?

I know, I have the Conan the Barbarian OST. I kinda want the Conan the Destroyer OST as well, but they're very similar.

In any case, I consider the Conan the Barbarian OST to be the best soundtrack...ever. It sure beats bloody John Williams' crap into the ground.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

It was the screen writer's indecisiveness that made Alien 3 crap, and what I don't get is how the Government got their hands on Ripley's DNA if she incinerated herself.
They collected it from her hair samples that she left all over the floor when that guy shaved her head. I think they might have mentioned it in the last movie, if not then that's the most logical reasoning.

Conan, wasn't that supposed to be a nonhomosexual version of HEman?

Freddy? Jason? Ash from Evil Dead would kill them both in a comicaly gruesome low budget fight scene.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

The Thing could easily kill freddy and jason, it's sort of like a big organic virus. The calculations were based on how fast the alien took over a human, then did some calculamations with his new-fangled computer thingy.

Jason Vorhees is more or less a personality than a person. People usually copy-cat him and get super-natural magick powers, like jumping out at people and can smell people about to have sex. I don't know much about freddy, though how can he be an ancient evil if he was a caretaker that got burned?

Freddy wants jason to start killing on elm street again so they think he's back so he can return or something.
:chew:
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

The storyline is stupid.

Basically - everyone on Elm Street is taking dream suppressant medication so they don't get stalked by Fred in their dreams.

Logical question: Why don't they just move the fuck out?

Anyway, Freddy sends Jason off to kill these people so they think that Freddy is doing it, and stop taking the dream supplements because it's 'useless'.

Freddy comes back to kill everyone.

Like I said - stupid plot.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

didn't knew jason was for hire.

but nice plot, maybe it's the sequel to bruce almighty :p

no, still crap
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Megatron wrote:The Thing could easily kill freddy and jason, it's sort of like a big organic virus. The calculations were based on how fast the alien took over a human, then did some calculamations with his new-fangled computer thingy.
Dude, you do realise how stupid that is?
Jason Vorhees is more or less a personality than a person. People usually copy-cat him and get super-natural magick powers, like jumping out at people and can smell people about to have sex. I don't know much about freddy, though how can he be an ancient evil if he was a caretaker that got burned?
Jason is not a copy-cat! Mike Myers, he got copy-catted in every Halloween, Jason is immortal. In Jason X, they state they tried to poison him, shoot him, suffocate him, hang him etc. etc., but he couldn't die.

Freddy's an ancient evil, but his form is defined by "story-tellers", or something ludicrous as that. See Nightmare on Elm Street 4.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

New Line is already planning a sequel to Freddy vs. Jason, but this time Evil Dead's Ash is somehow thrown in the mix.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Hahaha! That's awesome. Is Bruce Campbell going to be Ash again?
Literacy is overated.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

That'd be a sweet movie. We all know who would come out on top in that fight.

Oh yeah just a tidbit, but a while ago Bruce Campbell did a booksigning at the movie theather I work at and said he'd like to do another Evil Dead movie, but they were just breaking even for the past ones. That was 2 years ago. You never know, might just get a good horror movie yet.
Our Host!