Worst New Album

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Which of these do you figure to rank among the worst album of the year?

18 by Moby
50%
On a Wire by The Get Up Kids
No votes
Maladroit by Weezer
10%
45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough to Go on Our Other Records by NOFX (please Fat Mike, just stop it now!)
10%
Topsy-Turvy by Apex Theory
No votes
Other--please specify::
30%

Total votes: 10

Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Worst New Album

Post by Killzig »

My vote goes to Moby, hands down. Though the Get Up Kids are pretty shitty too.

I wanted to put some shitty creed album up but they don't qualify for this year. Damnit.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

There should be an 'all of the above' option but since I can only pick one, I'll go with Moby as the worst.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Can't stand the bald twat. No offence to bald people you understand, only moby... :?
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

i voted for weezer.

weezer sucks since matt left. before that they were just swell.
get up kids are whiners, although action&action is catchy as fuck.
nofx is good, haven't heard that album yet though.
moby is a nice guy, cut him some slack.

diss someone who deserves it. like all those gangsta-wannabe rappers/hip hoppers that are fucking it up for the "real/true" (whatever) hip hoppers.
and let's not start about Rhythm'n'Boring. or crap-pop or whatever you wanna call that britney/nickelback/kid rock-shite.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Mikey wrote:nofx is good, haven't heard that album yet though.
There's one song on there that was released on Short Music for Short People, which is Fat Wreck Chords collection of 101 songs all under 30 seconds long. The song is See Her Pee and is pretty amusing. ("What I wouldn't give to see her pee / between two parked cars, on a well-lit street"). Other than that I haven't heard the album.

I'm exercising my sovereign right to abstain on this one. :mrgreen: Sorry, but I've been too wrapped up w/DVDs to pay - "pay" being the key word here - too much attention to music. :(

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Will
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Will »

I actually really liked Maladroit. :mad: It tied for 2nd place with the blue album in the all time best Weezer CDs.(Pinkerton was no.1). Matt Sharp was good, but he wasn't irreplaceble. Both Scott Shriner and Mikey Welsh were more proficient bassists. You could argue Matt Sharp contributions were more to the lyrics, but judging from the Rentals albums I've heard, I seriously doubt that.
"Dressed in their uniforms so fine
They drank and killed to pass the time
Wearing the shame of all their crimes
With measured steps they walked in line"

Joy Division "They Walked In Line
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Moby. 'Nuff said, :evil:
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

Matt is irreplacable.
i believe everyone is irreplacable, actually.

the lyrics were Rivers' work, agreed, but Matt made everything funky and weezery.

the blue album is one of the best rock albums ever. pinkerton was good, but some songs were simply boring. everything post-pinkerton and thus post-Matt is crap.
except the old songs they put on Maladroit (like Slob). but even Slob sounds rock-star-fake now though.
Will
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Will »

oh well, everyone has their own opinions.
"Dressed in their uniforms so fine
They drank and killed to pass the time
Wearing the shame of all their crimes
With measured steps they walked in line"

Joy Division "They Walked In Line
Ardemia
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ardemia »

How about this:
anything that doesn't involve a real instrument qualifies as a shitty album.
btw, a record player is not a real instrument, thats like saying a tape deck is an instrument because it can make noises.
FEV DID IT
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

we need an instrument to take a measurement.

a... uhm... cookie? (or something else, we'll see) for anyone who can tell me where that line's from.
Hunter_Legionous
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hunter_Legionous »

Seeing I couldn't click the majority, I'll just say other. All of them albums and their artists (well, I do like Weezer a bit though, so count them out.) suck. *scratches his head* I don't understand music anymore, used to be really good but now it sucks.. Heh, I have fights with my sister all the time because she tells me rap is music and rock is not. What the hell is with that though? All that really involves is talking to music o.O And the fact that most "pop artists" or what ever they hell they call them dont' write their own music, sucks as well. Songs are much more enjoyable (at least to me.) when they actually mean something to the artist that wrote it, not to some lame ass writter who gets paid a ton of money becuase the singer is a retard.. Er.. Anyway, just my opinion. *bashes most modern music*

BTW, I agree with Ardemia on the instrument comment. I mostly see that kind of crap in rap and that hip hop crap though...
HappySuitcase Man
Regular
Regular

Post by HappySuitcase Man »

Holy Crap! This reminds me of this one time I was channel surfing, and came across the most boring song in the world. It was this acoustic song played by some band called the Dashboard Confessionals. Or something like that. As for your little poll type thing, didn't Pennywise release an album recently? To paraphrase SST -- Generic Epitah Pop - Punk still Sucks.

Now, if the poll was Best album of the year, and the year was 1996, I'd say Everything Sucks by the Descendents.
Don't say it, Killian. *Eyes Him Angrily*

On another note, I'm not gay, but I'd still do Milo if I got the chance.
This is my signature.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Heh the funny part about dashboard confessional is that it's one of those one man band type deals. It's just the one whiney lead singer that calls himself Dashboard Confessional. He was in an actual band before that that was even worse, further seems forever... the most terrifying thing of all this is that this is what has become of the punk scene. To me it sounds like a bunch of guys singing "my name is luca" over and over again.

:roll:
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Didn't really listen to them all, but I'll say Moby's album is bad enough. Esp. amongst all those hype and pre-order stuff.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

any new release by any DJ
if you're not good enough to play a proper instrument you should stay at home instead of inflicting this dance crap upon us
Our Host!