Nostradamos predicted Giants win Series in 2003

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Giants = teh winn???

Yeah!
14%
No!
86%

Total votes: 14

Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Nostradamos predicted Giants win Series in 2003

Post by Franz Schubert »

Well, Nostradamos didn't say anything about baseball, but here's my view, which is the next best thing ;)

The Giants are going to win it all this time... Seriously, it's obvious there's no other contenders in the NL West. The Dodgers (curse them all, death to them and their families) have O.K. pitching I hate to admit, but their offense is the worst in the majors, and Arizona is almost as bad, though they have a chance at the wildcard.

Playoffs? Well, let's break this down.

NL WEST:
The Giants are 13 games ahead of the closest contender, which is a misnomer for Arizona, since they can't contend anymore. Schilling and Johnson are off their game, and even when they pitch well, they get no run support and are also killed by sloppy defense. I just feel sorry for Bob Brenly.

The Dodgers are in 3rd place, and given how they've imploded over the last couple months, there's no way they're going to even get the wildcard.

NL CENTRAL:
This division is a joke. The Giants will slaughter Houston in the playoffs, they barely went above .500 this year. Maybe the Cardinals will win the division (certainly they have no hope for the wildcard) but the Giants own the Cardinals this year, we will own them worse than we did last year if they make it to the playoffs.

If the Cubs somehow, through act of God, or Dusty Baker, get to the playoffs, then I might be slightly worried since the cubs sort of owned us this year, but I doubt that they can make it past the Cards in the wildcard race.

NL EAST:
Atlanta is going to win this division, no question, but if the Giants face them, I have no doubt that we can own them like we pwned them last year. The question here is about the wildcard... it's obviously most likely going to be either Philidelphia or Florida... both of whom are only slightly over .500 and pose no real threat to the Giants. Phili has good D and decent pitching, and Florida can steal bases sure, but the Giants are way more well-rounded and a better overall team.

AL WEST:
Don't give me any of that "Seattle is teh l33t" crap... Their time is over. The A's will probably win the AL West, and then most likely lose immediately to either Boston or New York.

AL CENTRAL:
This division is just as bad as it's NL counterpart. When you have Kansas City in first place (that's the Royals lol), you know you've got a weak division on your hands.

AL EAST:
This is going to be a great division race. Personally, I'm hoping that Boston can step up and beat the Yankees in the final days, but what's probably going to happen is the Yankees are going to win the division and Boston will enter the post season on a wildcard ticket... At one point I thought possibly the Jays had a chance this year, when the Yankees were on that losing streak, but that was unrealistic.

WORLD SERIES:
Don't kid yourselves: either Boston or the Yankees are going to the Series, and sadly, it's probably going to be the Yankees. Their offense is excellent, their pitching is excellent, and of course their defense is excellent... I can't wait to watch this series!
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Excatly how do you say this has anything at all to do with Nostradamuses profecies?!
Evil Natured Robot
Respected
Respected

Post by Evil Natured Robot »

If the Sox finish a single game behind the Yankees, they need to fire their manager. They're in a four-game losing streak, sure, but they're looking stronger than the Yanks at this point, especially the outfield. Their offense is the best in the league if not baseball, and defensively the Sox are very tight. With the massive bullpen improvements they've made (Yankees are weak here, by the way), if they don't get the pennant this year it's all Grady Little's fault.

Being a Boston fan (if you couldn't tell), I'm not going to speculate about the post-season. Don't wanna jinx it.
I'll get you, Yoshimi.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

LoL the three best teams in the league: Cubs '08, Sox '09 (sometime around then, dunno if that's exact.) and the other sox '17! And the nuetral cheer among the group? GO COX!
EDIT: checked the encyclopedia (Of baseball, '98 edition) Cubs '08, sox '18 and the red sox '17. knew the Sox had won it a year after another horrible team. Oh well...
Damn cubs, always first in june, then july rolls around and... well I think we all know what happens then!
Go cubs, BTW...
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Now that the Giants traded for Sir Sydney Ponson (he really was knighted by the Queen of Scandinavia, btw ;)), I think the only weak spot in the Giants is their offense. I think it would be nice if they could somehow get one more bat in the lineup.

Giants have the highest ranked defense in the national league, and their pitching, although not the best, is way up there and is currently more than enough to win us games.

PS: I think the country was Denmark lol.
RawonaM
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by RawonaM »

PS: I think the country was Denmark lol.
Oh... I was bit wondered about Queen of Scandinavia.
Long Live Rock n' Roll
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I guess that's me. :oops:

Yeah, had to say it before others would've. I'm so kewl now.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

LOL it turns out she wasn't even the Queen of Scandinavia... she's the Queen of the Netherlands.

Holland rules, I lived there for 2 years ;)

They sure as hell don't know how to play soccer though :P
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Franz_Schubert wrote:LOL it turns out she wasn't even the Queen of Scandinavia... she's the Queen of the Netherlands.

Holland rules, I lived there for 2 years
Holland rules? Is that the same Holland which set a new World record in the "Fastest surrender to the German Army" catagory, beating the previous record set by the Belgians by several whole days?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Viktor wrote:
Franz_Schubert wrote:LOL it turns out she wasn't even the Queen of Scandinavia... she's the Queen of the Netherlands.

Holland rules, I lived there for 2 years
Holland rules? Is that the same Holland which set a new World record in the "Fastest surrender to the German Army" catagory, beating the previous record set by the Belgians by several whole days?
Ok, you're right. I'm changing my views now, I think Holland is full of pussies.

Idiot.

Holland is like the size of San Francisco, they weren't meant to be able to stand up to war machines like the Nazi army. Maybe if America, Britain, France etc. had had more of a backbone instead of that whole appeasement policy, then there wouldn't even have been a Nazi war machine.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and England didn't do much better. They got the shit pounded out of them, and the only reason they never surrendered is because the Nazis couldn't cross the English Channel, but they would have eventually if America hadn't entered the war and single-handedly pushed back the western front.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Oh sure, and the Russians certainly didn't help the Americans at all. Do you really think Overlord would have succeeded if the Nazis only had one front to commit troops to?

Besides that, I don't think that Britain effectively destroying the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britian is anything to be scoffed at.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Franz_Schubert wrote: Ok, you're right. I'm changing my views now, I think Holland is full of pussies.
Most of which you can rent by the hour..
Franz_Schubert wrote:
Holland is like the size of San Francisco, they weren't meant to be able to stand up to war machines like the Nazi army. Maybe if America, Britain, France etc. had had more of a backbone instead of that whole appeasement policy, then there wouldn't even have been a Nazi war machine.
Very much like San Francisco in that it's full of junkies and bleeding heart liberals.

I've noticed you give your location a Vienna, a city well known for taking the moral high ground and showing all the backbone of a slug when it came to standing up to Hilter. Came we say "Annex" anyone?
Franz_Schubert wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, and England didn't do much better. They got the shit pounded out of them, and the only reason they never surrendered is because the Nazis couldn't cross the English Channel, but they would have eventually if America hadn't entered the war and single-handedly pushed back the western front.
As Spazmo has pointed out, the war on the Eastern Front meant Germany didn't have the airpower available to totally crush the RAF and therefore could not secure the air supremacy required for the amphibious invasion of Southern England. Had the Germans actually set foot on English soil, they would certainly had more of a fight on their hands than our clog wearing, dyke fingering Orange friends ever gave them!
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

The Russians are the ones who contributed the most to the Nazi Downfall. Had Germany not opened an Eastern Front they could have easily conquered England.
Our Host!