T3:Rise of the Machines kicks ass.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
StrungOut96
SDF!
SDF!

T3:Rise of the Machines kicks ass.

Post by StrungOut96 »

hi im new. anyways, i went into this movie thinking it was going to suck but i was definatly wrong about that. it was definatly worthy of the first 2 films. and the cool thing about it was how parts of it reminded me of A LOT of fallout 2 and fallout tactics, especially towards the end(which is a very good ending, nice, dark and eriee) go see it, its worth the $6.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I admit I'm considering checking T3 out. The first 2 movies I love, and I'm hearing good things about the new one.
swordinstone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by swordinstone »

Glad to hear a good review... I'm getting very skeptical about all the sequals lately, but I'm definately going to wait for an off time to go see it... man am I tired of crowds... wtf is with parents draging their INFANTS to a MIDNIGHT showing of the Hulk? FUCK! I had a fiasco of a time trying to watch 28 Days Later on opening night as well... atleast it wasnt screaming/crying children that time.
Against the grain
That where I'll stay
Swimmin up stream...
I maintain against the grain!
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

it was dope yo
porcu
Oh my haaiiir!!
Oh my haaiiir!!

Post by porcu »

i saw it the minute it came out. it wuz worth the admission fee, if anything.
Hasta La Victoria Siempre!
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I've seen it 2x now, enjoyed it much more the 2nd time too.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

I was simply amazed when I saw it. It's actually as good as T2. And it ties it off neatly, solving the time paradoxes one might expect from three time travel movies.
One day...
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I didn't think it was as good as the people hear are calling it, and I'm a huge Terminator fan. There was a lot of cheap laughs and little plot holes, and the editing wasn't too great either. It's worth the watch though, but no way near 1 and 2.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Dude. Terminator 2 was full of the EXACT same kind of cheap laughs and plot holes.
One day...
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I agree with pooperscooper. The movie was pretty good, but compared to T2, it just felt hollow. I enjoyed watching T2 this afternoon on a 27" stereo tv more than I enjoyed watching T3 in the theater.
Literacy is overated.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Mostow did a great job directing. The visual effects are as great as the first two movies for their times (since they were done by the same people in all movies). Arnold played a pretty good terminator. But Nick Stohl played a great John Conner, better than that now-crackhead Edward Furlong woulda played. Great movie, I'll have to say I like it 2nd out of the 3, with T2 being first and T1 moving into last place.

Can't wait for the post-apoc T4! :D
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

A T4 taking place all in the future would be sweet. I don't know if Arnold would be in it. Right now he's considering True Lies 2, Predator 3, King Conan, and something else I can't remember.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Dude. Terminator 2 was full of the EXACT same kind of cheap laughs and plot holes.
It's jokes were more fitting and realistic for the Terminator in 2. I've seen T2 a lot of times and I know that they were not "exact".

T2>T3 no question, if you disagree then I will by all means have a detailed discusion on why you are an idiot.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I swear to god Arnold is going to have a heart attacking doing these new movies.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

T2>T3
That goes without saying, but I think T3 was still on par as a sequil. I didn't find it dissapointing at all.

As for there being a T4, there isn't going to be. The series is resolved.
One day...
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: hey

Post by Fenix »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Dude. Terminator 2 was full of the EXACT same kind of cheap laughs and plot holes.
It's jokes were more fitting and realistic for the Terminator in 2. I've seen T2 a lot of times and I know that they were not "exact".

T2>T3 no question, if you disagree then I will by all means have a detailed discusion on why you are an idiot.

Pooperscooper I totally agree. Although T3 was good(I thought it was good) it could not stack up to T2. T2 was more complete with more dialogue. In T3 it was just one action scene cut into another.

I still recommend seeing this movie as I while probably watch it again with my friend.

As for T4, that would be awesome, it would prolly be the best movie evar.
Fang_Teng
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fang_Teng »

<i> T4 taking place all in the future would be sweet. I don't know if Arnold would be in it. Right now he's considering True Lies 2, Predator 3, King Conan, and something else I can't remember</i>

And don't forget the BIG role: Gubernatorial candidate for California.

I'd have to say the same thing. Good not great. Terminator 1 scared the pants off me. Terminator 2 was like getting an IV of adrenaline. T3 was just a good action movie that mixed a bit of both, but just seemd a bit off too.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:As for there being a T4, there isn't going to be. The series is resolved.
What are you talking about? It set itself up perfectly for a T4, it was about as obvious as Lost in space's "Lets have a sequel" coolness. But just like with lost in space, I don't see it happening.
KruddMan
Respected
Respected

Post by KruddMan »

just got back from seeing it and i really really liked it
the action scenes were very cool
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

He admits that Judgement Day is an enevitability. The Terminator movies are over. We all know he is going to defeat the machines. If there is going to be a T4, it will have nothing to do with Terminators.
One day...
Our Host!