help with Reno families?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

You need to kill salvatores to be a made man for the Mordinos. To do that you'll need to assassinate him properly (as otherwise you'll be removed the made man status): remove the oxygen tanks (and/or plant poison tank. In my test I stole both oxygen tanks and planted the poison one on him), then leave the map, he dies. You're still made man - and in fact the rest of the Salvatores don't even know he's dead, yet the Mordinos know..

As for getting the Wrights ending about the Wrights taking over, you have to finish the first quest properly, then find the SAD, and finally make sure that the wrights are the family wiht most power. So the best thing would be to assassinate all other leaders (give Jet to Big Jesus, change combination on safe for Bishop, and we covered Salvatores).

Now to convince Mrs. Bishop, you'll need good perception, int, and speech. I don't remember which in what ocmbination, but if I remember correctly you need good percetpion to figure out she's from vault city, then int + speech to carry her through the conversation. You might also need to have good sex with her, don't remember if that's a prerequisite.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, Red. :?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Wher do you get the poison tank, and how?
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Red

Post by Red »

In the Mordino's basement (access it by clicking on the stairs BELOW the stairs leading up...) This is also where you find LLoyd (I love that guy - or moreso what happens to him). In the lower-right room, unlock the door, kill the rats, it should be lying on the floor in the corner of the room, hidden by the wall.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

THANX

danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Does anyone know how to booby trap/reset combination on the Bishop safe?

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Yeah, first sleep with Mrs. Bishop and carry on 'talking' to her and I think she mentions the combination in her sleep. Go and rig it then try and go out (I always get attacked)
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I have somehow evaded the fight with Bishops bodyguards when I opened the safe. I dunno how... Try switching into combat mode and back and see if it helps, or lock the door.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I got the safe combination changed. I tried it once but it didn't work, guess my repair wasn't high enough, or didn't stick around long enough to hear him get blown up.
:puppydogeyes:

BTW, sometimes when I sleep Mrs. B I sometimes lose my companions, especially if I have to reload the game.
:bad-words:

I fixed that by asking them to wait for me on the street (I guess that location doesn't matter, but that is a handy place).
:drinking:

Crud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Crud »

Yeah, I would lose my companions, too, if I didn't ask for them to wait...

As for opening the safe and getting attacked, I think as long as you don't set off the trap, then you're fine. I think I had to agree to kill Westin when I was leaving though or else Bishop would attack...
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Get your sneak skill up and sneak thru there. I try to get my sneak skill around 90, That is usually where I lost my companions. Cause if I got caught, I would reload. Oh well, guess it wouldn't hurt to knock off those quests of his.
:twisted:
Anyone know how much xp you get for doing those quests? Never saw a message about that.
:?

Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Don't know.

You have to have high lockpicks and traps to get the mr. Bishop safe open, or you can talk to mrs Bishop after your wild sex and talk about making an accident on John Bishop. Then go to his safe and change the combination. I think repair or traps skills does that (not sure, been a while since I was there).

When you leave, walk behind the Bishop, use sneak and go downstairs. He has never spotted me that way and my sneak isn't good at all.

Don't you think it's annoying that you get Gigolo reputation when you sleep with someone? I mean, you have to sleep with only one person and bang! You're a gigolo. Doesn't really make sense.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Red

Post by Red »

Warlord wrote:Don't you think it's annoying that you get Gigolo reputation when you sleep with someone? I mean, you have to sleep with only one person and bang! You're a gigolo. Doesn't really make sense.
It depends on your stats. Most of the time though it takes more then once...
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I rather like being a gigolo. Uh, why are you guys looking at me like that? :)

Well, if you have low Sneak skill, than you can just hit A and run down across the room. Of course, that does kind of assume that you have plenty of AP. :?
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Slave_Master wrote:I rather like being a gigolo. Uh, why are you guys looking at me like that? :)

Well, if you have low Sneak skill, than you can just hit A and run down across the room. Of course, that does kind of assume that you have plenty of AP. :?
Please, say no more :wink:

Nah, you don't need many AP's, just hit A again when combat mode switches off and walk down the stairs. I've never needed sneak skill.

If your companions disappear, try sleeping again with Mrs Bishop. Then you should find your companions downstairs, weird.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Slave_Master wrote:I rather like being a gigolo. Uh, why are you guys looking at me like that? :)
Because we don't want you getting any IDEAS!
:snipersmile:

Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I've got Gigolo everytime with every char on the first time....annoying, and it doesn't fit on my Guardian of the Wastes-serie hero.
Red

Post by Red »

You probably play with a player with incredibly low charisma (or some other stat for that matter)?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Nope. Does it with hacked super chars too. Annoying. I'm always the champion in the shiny armor (well, it would shine if I would polish it sometimes :wink: ) who saves the world. Then I sleep with one lady and bang!!!! GI GO LO. :mad:
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Just sleep with Mrs. Bishop and she'll tell you the safe combination and sth about consuquence of changing the combination. That is, if you have high agility/charisma/kama sutra (not sure the right mix).

You should then use repair skill on the safe and the combination will automatically be hampered with a little evil remark. Then, I just walk to towards the south wall and watch Bishop enter the room and blown into pieces. You will find yourself picking his corpse.

I don't think you will attract any guards if you didn't set off the trap of the safe.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Our Host!