T3:Rise of the Machines kicks ass.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
EN.
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EN. »

About the whole pistol/gun/sex thing with T-X...

I think T-X just seduced the policeman with the euphemism of the whole "I like your gun" and took his gun anyways as he was twitching in electrified orgasm (hey, he's having sex with a MACHINE... yeeech). Also, whoever said that pistol was the same one that the policeman had?

And is it just me, or did the ending feel almost just like Fallout? Everything from the Blast Door with that little door opening console thing resembling a simplified vault door, to the 30 year old computers...

I also think that what T-X did was take over T-800's BODY, instead of his CPU. Remember- she took over mechanical things like cars- I think that taking over simple mechanical things are the extent of her computer-take-over abilities- she can't take over a CPU.

Also, I think the creative part about T-X was the ability to take over machines- none of the previous terminators could do that. I mean, how far can you stretch it until it starts getting "creative" in your mind? A terminator made out of gas? A terminator that can transform into a mecha-ninja-godzilla? I think that should there be a terminator 4, then if there is an even more advanced model of the terminator, it would be able to become invisible. That's about all I can think about.
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

A terminator made out of gas? A terminator that can transform into a mecha-ninja-godzilla?
chuck would do that ;)
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I think she just killed him and took his gun. She obviously didn't have any qualms about killing or making a huge scene, so why would use stealth in this one instance with nothing to gain from it? The only other time she was even remotely subtle was when she assumed the form of Kate's fiance to find out where they were from the cops.
Literacy is overated.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I just got home from my holiday to thailand, where I saw T3. I loved it. Aye. Every movie has it's flaws, what doesn't in life?

... Pff been up for 36 hours now, time to get sum sleep.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Saint_Proverbius wrote: the series - changing something that can't possibly be changed.

Once more time, since you're obviously not smart enough to grasp this concept: PLASMA CANNON > KNIFE.

[since the entire point of them is as an infiltration unit. If you can't grasp that, there's no help for you.
plasma cannons are very stealthy

I'll probably go see it, I'm just trying not to read the thread for TEH SPOILS!
:chew:
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

Just seen it yesterday, watched it twice because i fell asleep the first time, the action was great, the effects were fantastic, but the dialogue and story left a lot to be desired, however i did like the ending
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

The movie still sucks. Hard. Anyone who thinks it topped T2 is definitely fooling themselves.

I'm very surprised, but Pirates of the Carribean actually managed to have a better plot, better comedic value, and better special effects than Terminator 3.

That's pretty sad. Also, Pirates of the Carribean made around 10 million more than T3 has and it's been out for about a week now whereas T3 has been out for a few weeks. T3 cost 175 million dollars to make and it has fallen short around 60 million of that.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

i missed blue
t2 is blue, t1 is a bit blue but not as blue as t2

t3 wasn't blue at all. wtf is up with that yo?

i really like when the missile flew into the office building and they just ducked and it somehow went through the office wall without exploding and arnie runs to them and says: "it's not safe here".
i almost pissed my pants
Evil Natured Robot
Respected
Respected

Post by Evil Natured Robot »

I'm with the Dingo, except for when it comes to Pirates' success being "sad." It was about time for another pirate movie, and they pulled it off very, very well. Depp was amazing as Jack Sparrow, and I didn't even mind that annoying bitch Legolas coming along (technically, as the main character). ;)

As for T3... gah. Kind of annoyed that I paid anything to see it. The effects and action were alright, but the story was horrible, had more holes than usual, and the dialogue was worse. They really suffered without James Cameron on this one.

Did anyone else think that bunker they ended up in looked a lot like the Sierra Army Depot on the outside?
I'll get you, Yoshimi.
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

Evil Natured Robot wrote:It was about time for another pirate movie, and they pulled it off very, very well.
Aye, matey!!!

i looooooooooove the sea!
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

I loved Pirates of the Carribean. I'm just saying it's really sad that T3 did worse than a newcomer pirate movie because everyone expected it to be a huge blockbuster.

Almost all of the hyped titles this summer have flopped.

T3, Charlie's Angels, The Hulk.

It's amazing that Pirates of the Carribean made more money because it was not nearly as hyped up as the other three.
Silver-Wolf
SDF!
SDF!

Re: hey

Post by Silver-Wolf »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I didn't think it was as good as the people hear are calling it, and I'm a huge Terminator fan. There was a lot of cheap laughs and little plot holes, and the editing wasn't too great either. It's worth the watch though, but no way near 1 and 2.
Respectfully, I disagree (and Hello from a new member btw)

There were quite a few 'laughs' and parodies to the first two movies, but I thought they were well timed and funny. The storyline was good, and overall the movie kept me glued to my seat! And the chase scene put the Matrix Reloaded's scene to shame.. this one actually made sense, isntead of just trashing cars to trash cars. :badgrin:

Just my two cents,

Silver-Wolf
"I don't believe in self pity
It only brings you down
May be the queen of broken hearts
But I don't hide behind the crown
When the deck is stacked against me
I just play a different game"
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

i actually found T3 quite enjoyable - but not particularly memorable

wouldn't watch it again though
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Neon Dingo wrote:The movie still sucks. Hard. Anyone who thinks it topped T2 is definitely fooling themselves.

I'm very surprised, but Pirates of the Carribean actually managed to have a better plot, better comedic value, and better special effects than Terminator 3.

That's pretty sad. Also, Pirates of the Carribean made around 10 million more than T3 has and it's been out for about a week now whereas T3 has been out for a few weeks. T3 cost 175 million dollars to make and it has fallen short around 60 million of that.
Cutthroat Island kicks your sucky pirate ass movie anytime, yo.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Cutthroat Island was pathetic and Finland sucks.
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

It was ok bt it would have been better and had way more detail if Cameron was involved
I'm getting the novel to get more back story and find out about some of the stuff not put in the film
Bring on the post-apoc T4
"Call me Snake"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I liked the movie. Even if augmenting her boobs did seem a bit pointless, she probably would get a better reaction from men anyway?

Most of the nit-picks don't seem to be based on fact either, better sticking to a review based on opinions yo.
:chew:
Our Host!