Newbie question - no more aimed shots?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Slashco
SDF!
SDF!

Newbie question - no more aimed shots?

Post by Slashco »

Can you still use targeted shots like in Fallout (aiming at bodyparts)? I can't seem to do it - or is it not in the game anymore? Thanks.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Do you have Fast Shot as a trait?
If not then you should be able to make targeted shots by clicking on the little circle icon in the bottom right corner where the weapon is.
Genghis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Genghis »

Fast Shot is probably your problem, though aimed shots are virtually usless if your playing CTB.
"Emotions, like everything else, have a wavelength and a frequency..."
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Genghis wrote:Fast Shot is probably your problem, though aimed shots are virtually usless if your playing CTB.
Not on Super Mutants and robots, they aren't!! Boost the Science skill of your snipers, target eyes/sensors and watch them make beacoup critical hits blinding robots 1st shot!

A blinded SM/robot will do one of 2 things:-

1. Fire "blindly" hitting/killing it's comrades

2. Run around, bouncing off the scenery until someone takes it out.

Either way, you've got 1 less dangerous enemy to worry about!!
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Ööööhhh??? Boost Science? Does that affect criticals or what?
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Warlord wrote:Ööööhhh??? Boost Science? Does that affect criticals or what?
It gives better criticals against robots! Something to do with knowing their weaknesses I guess....

Obviously, the usual critical related perks have a major effect on this too.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

If you're playing real time, right click on the little series of circles in the corner: You can select a location for your shooter to aim at, with each location having a realtive difficulty, such as Torso (default) at 95 and Head (which I also use for my primary sniper) at 75. Using this you can say that if your normal chance to hit is shown at 95 you have a 75 chance to hit, and if you had a 94, it would be 71-4.

At least, I think so anyway. I believe that it works... I think I remember blinding Comrade Skinu earlier today, but I may be wrong. If it doesn't, experiment, but if it does eventually not work you should just upgrade your critical chanhce so you can "slide" hits.

I'll play another game today, and see if accuracy threshold ties into it, as well to confirm if it works.
Our Host!