Master: How did you kill him?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
NordicTiger
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Russian tactics

Post by NordicTiger »

Gehenna wrote: That was the theory, at least. I've never seen official results, but it sounds doable - especially with Russian psychology being what it was.
Does not really qualify as official result, but some information is available in http://community-2.webtv.net/Hahn-50thA ... History21/ and about wardogs in general http://community-2.webtv.net/Hahn-50thAP-K9/K9History/.

Back to Fallout. Is there any good tips how to keep Dogmeat live until the end of game? Supermutants with minguns and other dangerous weapons tend to kill him pretty quickly. Will it restore his hitpoints if you use stimpacks or first aid on Dogmeet?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Stimpacks work on Dogmeat not sure about first aid but it probably does.

As for keeping him alive, in the military base trap him in between green force fields, as for combat in general I take a couple of steps away from him, left or right, and shoot whoever has a burst weapon or attacking him.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Yeah, can't let him die!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Pred_667
SDF!
SDF!

hmmm

Post by Pred_667 »

Damn, I am going to have to go back and replay the game. Can't decide if I wanna just edit my character from the beginning or go straight to the glow and get irradiated and then patch the game. I never knew you could join the master and Dogmeat never survives my foray into pyromania. First time I killed the master was with the NUKE, I never knew you could talk him into destroying himself until I read the official guide. There seems to be alot more to this game than even I realized..

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

etc.. etc..

hehehehehehe :lol:
Fight Rush Hour Traffic, Legalize Vehicular Weaponry
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I used flares, then i died.
Oh, how we killed the Master...
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: Russian tactics

Post by Blarg »

NordicTiger wrote: Back to Fallout. Is there any good tips how to keep Dogmeat live until the end of game?
You can use Psycho on Dogmeat; I'm faily sure that it will increase his damage resistance. I haven't tried Buffout on him yet. It would be an intriguing easter egg IMHO if giving him enough Mentats allowed him to talk.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Hmm... Talking dogs you say.
I have encountered some. They say only one thing. I might put the picture up, if you want.

Personally, after i got power armor, I ditched my NPC's, and had to kill Dogmeat. I think that's the only way to get rid of him. I couldn't have him blowing my cover, right? I mean, what "Child of the Cathedral" has a pet.

Has anyone seen Sasha? She is a Siberian Husky behind the Cathedral. Haven't figured how to get to her. I was hoping i could get some puppies.
Yes... my pack of attack dogs, high on psycho, will make you weep in fear.
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I basically had to do the same thing. Ian and Tycho saved my bacon repeatedly when I was starting, but once I surpass them and have to exert myself to protect them, I drop them off. Dogmeat usually gets killed by something by then.

Sasha is an easter egg, she is a programmer's dog or something like that.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Drop them off?
Why would you do that when you can get easy experience from killing them?
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I'm just a nice guy, I guess... :)
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

My CD seems to be screwed up.
I can't go downstairs in the Cathedral Tower, which makes killing the Master and getting out a pain, since i after i fight him i've got to go through that stupid tunnel, which i'm not protected from.

Well, if i were to kill the Master, i would pound his brain in with Power Fist. At least 10 times in one turn, after i get up to him. I would also have Slayer, so that would be 10 critical hits.

I get the 1ap Power Fist with:
Fast Shot
Bonus HtH Attacks

Pretty Simple. I like this way. It is fun.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:The cutscene should have shown you emerge from the vats, or at the very least show you actually being dipped. It was anti-climatic to see you dangling above the pit.
This was way back, but the cutscene i saw showed me getting actually put into the vat, my super beefy hand came up out of the vat at the very end.
d0gm3at
SDF!
SDF!

Post by d0gm3at »

I joined them. And i watched with a big grin while the overseer was being bashed to death by super mutants. :twisted:
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

How do you get that video?

I've never seen it.
Is there a special conversation path with the Master you need to take?
All i get is getting dipped in the Vats.
d0gm3at
SDF!
SDF!

Post by d0gm3at »

to get that video you have to join when the master asks you to. I also had very low karma, if thats any conselation.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

That might explain it.
I always have 100 karma when i get to Master. Thereabouts. One time I had 150.
Our Host!