EverQuest With Radiation

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Blazed_Ninja
SDF!
SDF!

EverQuest With Radiation

Post by Blazed_Ninja »

If they ever make Fallout Online it will most likely suck, because it will just be an EQ clone, I can just imagine I finally killed that rare Killian mob and got Killians Sawed Of Shotgun!!!! Woot Woot..... I hope you can sense the sarcasm... I like the ellipsis....
Ninjas are cool and by cool I mean totally sweet, when not flipping out Ninjas usually fly but sometimes they stab.
maxl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by maxl »

I think it wouldn't be just an EQ clone. There could be so many new things... :P
cya
maxl
Det0x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Det0x »

EQ is going down the shitter, all the new MMorpgs are kickin is arse, i'm sure they will find a new way that would work for fallout
[Khans]Det0x
AKA Murdoc
Neocron
Beef
Respected
Respected

Re: EverQuest With Radiation

Post by Beef »

Blazed_Ninja wrote:If they ever make Fallout Online it will most likely suck, because it will just be an EQ clone, I can just imagine I finally killed that rare Killian mob and got Killians Sawed Of Shotgun!!!! Woot Woot..... I hope you can sense the sarcasm... I like the ellipsis....
Hmm, you may have a good point there, friend, but don't doubt anything that hasn't happened yet. I thought getting a dog would be a bad thing, but after tying it to my washing and setting up a machine to spin dogfood round above it's head it dried my clothes in no time...

But anyway, Fallout online would need to be a vast overhaul from the original game, and many aspects would have to be ironed out. The idea of raising levels in-game would prove awkward if street-fights are occuring all over the place... This is why I believe fighting between two players needs to have a separate area. If it ever did happen, I'd be buying it like it was a, um... hotcake?

Bah, stop being so pessimistic was what I was trying to say!
wheres my arm?
SDF!
SDF!
Location: In a place where minds wander and people helplessly chase after them

Post by wheres my arm? »

I believe that if a fallout idea was to be like everquest(but with radiation of course) that u should be able to kill another online player and unlike everquest u should be able to loot a person or in which case since this is fallout steal from another person.....thx 4 hearing my opinion.... :D
You said we would lose.....and we won
You said we would fall.....but we stood strong
And you said that we'd fail but we have only gone farther....
Kashluk

Pfft

Post by Kashluk »

Grave-digging bastard.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

wheres my arm? wrote:I believe that if a fallout idea was to be like everquest(but with radiation of course) that u should be able to kill another online player and unlike everquest u should be able to loot a person or in which case since this is fallout steal from another person.....thx 4 hearing my opinion.... :D
I think enough threads here have gone into these topics, and how pathetic the game would be compared to Fallout itself. In essence, just having Fallout's name.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Det0x wrote:EQ is going down the shitter, all the new MMorpgs are kickin is arse, i'm sure they will find a new way that would work for fallout
All the new MMORPG's suck ass. Everquest is still #1 even though it's a royal piece of shit. Earth and Beyond was supposed to be the next big hit, but that fizzled out real quick. The upcoming Star Wars game might have promise because everybody who plays MMORPG's is a Star Wars/Star Trek nerd to begin with. There's also a Warcraft game coming out which is gonna be a huge flop. All of these damn games boil down to the same boring and tedious level treadmill. It's like paying to work. What the hell is wrong with people??
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Mad Max RW wrote:All of these damn games boil down to the same boring and tedious level treadmill. It's like paying to work. What the hell is wrong with people??
There is this t.v. program in holland. It's called Big Brother where people live in a house and do nothing. Zero. Nada. Yet a kazillion people watch it everyday, lowering their life expectency with every minute. Sadness in a box.

Some wise zipperhead once said; a life half lived is a life not lived at all. These people above didn't even life 1/10th of a life. I'd rather step on a mine in Bosnia, yuck this.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Real-TV shows are the trend of today, because the casual telly watchers/gamers/nerds don't have real lives.

And noone on these boards will admit, not even over their cold dead bodies, that they watch such crap from TV. No, no, never. We ain't nerds, we got lives. Yeah, sure. In my 5 square meter concrete box that's filled with my bed, my computah and my star trek VHS-collection, there's no room for reality shows. No way. At least, not anymore, because mom got tired of the huge electricity bills.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I don't watch tv anymore. The only time I turn it on is to watch a movie. Even The Simpsons, the only major show I liked, turned to shit a few years ago and I stopped watching altogether. MST3k being cancelled was like the final nail in the coffin.

As far as I'm concerned all these so called "reality" tv shows are just another fad that will pass in a year or 2. Everything is media hype. I have no reason to watch what I know is boring recycled bullshit that was done on at least 5 other shows. On the other hand, if something like the Running Man but real was made I'd probably watch. Or if they brought back the Dana Carvey Show I'd turn on the tv again.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Well, as you all said, A Fallout Online would definetly suck. I mean, couldn't they not do something like Never Winters Night, instead of Ever Quest?

Never Winters Night has some kick as Online fun.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

No long-thought out post here.

DON'T MAKE FALLOUT ONLINE. It's like making Fallout 3 a racing game, only with no cars.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Amen... I see the reasoning.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Rama Stryfe wrote:Amen... I see the reasoning.
It's only taken about three years for that to happen...
Rice-Rocketeer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rice-Rocketeer »

I wouldn't mind Fallout Online if they did it properly (I don't think that it would be *too* hard to get the feeling of this game right, unless Interplay manages to survive a few more years, and hang onto the license :) ). There are *so* many things that could be done with this. Of course the world would have to be fleshed out first.

It's the only MMORPG I would consider purchasing, actually. :)
- dk
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Rice-Rocketeer wrote:I wouldn't mind Fallout Online if they did it properly (I don't think that it would be *too* hard to get the feeling of this game right, unless Interplay manages to survive a few more years, and hang onto the license :) ). There are *so* many things that could be done with this. Of course the world would have to be fleshed out first.

It's the only MMORPG I would consider purchasing, actually. :)
On that note, I'd like to welcome our latest, utterly clueless optomist.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

See you keepin' score Rosh. But truely, I know thos elazy sons of ***** wouldn't make online. They'd have to contend with a rabid crowd of hard backs like you and the Saint Proverbious!
RoT Crier
SDF!
SDF!

Post by RoT Crier »

For all of you whining for a Fallout Online.
The way interplay is acting anything Fallout thats gonna come from them is going to be shit. Chances are Fallout will be bought by a large company without any orignal ideas. In order for a Fallout Online to work it would take most of the good things that make Fallout great and sane.
Why dont you quit yapping and settle for a post-nuclear MMORPG that isnt named Fallout. That's all your saying. Why do you need the name Fallout?
Hopefully the orignal makers will give us a Fallout 3, but without Interplay's help. That's all I want I dont need anything else from Fallout exept one last game. Just to give the name some meaning.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

umm who are you talking to?
Our Host!