Enforcer at E3????

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

so it's just like FO1, only fucked?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Lunchmeat wrote:I'm impressed. Now why aren't you out there writing for Interplay?
I am. I'm really Chucky. Shhh! It's a big secret.
atoga wrote:so it's just like FO1, only fucked?
Not quite. Any resemblance this game has to FO1 is purely coincidental. Myself and the other developers have never actually played that game and so were surprised to find that we actually got some things remotely similar, such as Super Mutants, FEV and miniguns!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

atoga wrote:so it's just like FO1, only fucked?
Not quite. Any resemblance this game has to FO1 is purely coincidental. Myself and the other developers have never actually played that game and so were surprised to find that we actually got some things remotely similar, such as Super Mutants, FEV and miniguns![/quote]
that's sort of what I meant... they stole FO1's vibes and fucked 'em up beyond belief.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

i'm just an innocent guy

Post by axltrauts »

yeah, i'm an innocent guy who started playing FO2.

i saw this flash minisite, and i found some characters very anime-like, wich i think it was not the 50's style of the game. i saw other screenshots, and what the hell is a girl with a thong doing in a wasteland?

but, when i saw the game, it seems it's just like this old game Reloaded, from the PSX, meaning it's an ACTION game. Well, i say, what the hell, an action game for Fallout, it can be good. And yes, a 3d version of the game is something needed, i think.

then, it seems the game story has been changed, like in the Ultima series.

If that's not true, what's so bad in the game? ok, u can flame me, but i'm just an innocent guy :cry:

But i hope a new RPG Fallout game.
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

well Stuart, they've completely changed everything. Discrepencies are everywhere; everything in the originals has been misinterpreted and coated with glucose for a younger, console-geared mindset.

to tell the truth, I think an action style Fallout game *could* be properly implemented, but instead the bullshit would have to be spared. There would be no story or very little of one, and it would be a small game and not very Fallout - just a small glimpse into the universe (perhaps enough to get you hooked).
Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Hmmm I was thinking... Would a FPS Fallout shooter be better than F:POS?

Like what sony online did with Planetside.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

OMG, look FO:Brotherhood Of First Person Shooter

Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Looks better than FOBOS, that's for sure.
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

atoga wrote:to tell the truth, I think an action style Fallout game *could* be properly implemented, but instead the bullshit would have to be spared. There would be no story or very little of one, and it would be a small game and not very Fallout - just a small glimpse into the universe (perhaps enough to get you hooked).
yeah, u r right. it could have been ok, if this games was like a side game, like LucasArts makes with the Star Wars saga, they release many games, and between them, they release another ones, like the Desktop adeventures.

It could have been ok, if between the waiting, a nice and consistent game were released, like Origins did (well EA) with ULTIMA IX. so, i agree with u guys. the hell with enforcer. :evil:
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

"Buy Run Like Hell ! It's like System Shock 2, only it sucks ass!" - Chuck Cuervos
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Our Host!