First map!

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
TheReaper

First map!

Post by TheReaper »

Hi all. I've suggested a map idea to Max-Violence who has responded that I should attempt it myself, just to let you all know that there is a new mapper about: me. My website will be posted here as soon as it is done, the map will be avaliable there when I've finished it.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Welcome aboard! :twisted:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hey good luck Reaper, you know where to come if you get stuck.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Good to know that. Can you share some info in advance?Meaning before creating the actual site.

[Edit]JJ86 can you stop this? I'm getting dizzy... :lol: [Edit]
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

What kind of information do you want to know?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I recommend setting up a simple "range map" first. Just play around with some tiles, and then tinker with some triggers on this map before you start designing your own mission. I also recommend thinking of all the things that you want to do in your mission, then looking in the core campaign for examples. While they aren't not always the way to go, you'll get a solid base to start working from that way.

Oh and one other word: PLAN. ;)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Any info will be welcomed. How about the basic story or the timeline, or if its going to be about Bos or not?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Well, lets see... It's gonna have something to do with the BoS. The basic story is that a member of the BoS commited an act which caused a huge mission failure costing the lives of many soldiers. When told to leave, he did so but when asked by the quartermaster for his equipment, he shot him and kept the stuff, then ran. He is now on the run from the BoS and dumped most of his stuff to get them off his tail. He now resides in the town of Broken Hope. But a BoS outpost has recently been set up there to search for him. This guy has to kill the occupants of the outpost and report in his own death so that he can live in peace. What do you think?
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Sounds promising as a story. Are you sure you don't want to make it a campaign? Or :idea: , how about the initial map, and then revisit in later periods of the troopers's life, making other maps.

I have an almost similar idea I want to do sometime(it's rather about defecting for other reasons though). I like yours. How much time do you think it will take?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I could make it into a campaign, thanks for the suggestion. As for time, I have no idea as I'm trying to juggle multiple things at once: My GCSEs, my website construction, my fanfic (both of them) and my map. It may take sometime if you have a busy life like me.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I don't know about others, but it's o.k. with me. I wouldn't have time to play all the upcoming projects in any case if they were all to be released on the same time, and I still have to teach me some 3D and modelling packages I got.
Our Host!