Requests/Questions/Stuff

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

No idea, I've never touched any of the campaign stuff. I think in theory you should be able to have more, but as I said, I don't really know.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Section8:

Post by Red »

First of all, see my two questions there:
http://www.duckandcover.net//forums/vie ... php?t=2836

Second, as you might have noticed, I was um... "donated" the tiles to further test my viewer, and I bothered looking into snow tiles - and all of them use the Gravel value! So I wonder if that selection is even technically a legit value! Have you ever actually tested it?

[edit] The Snow slopes are actually using the Snow value. Reason the "snow" itself doesn't sound as snow is that it seems to have all been generated in the "Snow_gravel" type (ie: snow to gravel), even though there are tiles which are entierly snow, it seems the generator still tagged them as gravel. Neat thing is that users can fix that on their own now :)

As an added note, all the roof tiles were updated from the demo to use the roof type instead of the object type.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

Section8... There are a lot of people who need a vault dweller who can use weapons of various types, unlike the vaultdwellers we find in FoT. I know this is probabbly asking something impossible, but would it even be possible at all to get a good front and side render of the models used to build the female and male vault citizen sprites? Just one good render to work from... anything...
btw are there any more of the cool renders like those in core/GIU/back/?
does MF have any they could release and.... i dunno...forgot about? I've learned quite a bit about the models from looking at those pictures, but there still isn't enough. ARGH!
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I'll see what I can do. From what I remember they were basically a muscular male and female model with no real details aside for the jumpsuit texture. I'd recommend doing your own from scratch, as it would be difficult to fill in the missing animations so to speak, but I'll see if I can get a nice render as reference.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

you ROCK! I was planning on trying to copy the model as close as possible then create a new sprite with all the animations... This is the same character as was used as the base for the tribal, right? What did you change on him? just added clothing, right? Anyway... If you can find ANY renders on ANY characters i'd LOVE to see them! It would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanx again for doing this Section8, I owe you one.... or a few i guess after the help in the modeling thread.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

this has probubly been asked before, and i hope im posting in a good thread-- i couldnt find any info about it.

what do i do to set up for mapping? i dont have any tiles, and after i "Un-zipped" them, they wouldnt load into the editor. so i dont know what to do. any help, or redirection would be apreciated
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hey Strapon2. The editor looks for the tiles, entities and sprites in specific directories so if you managed to install them in a different directory then you won't "see" them. Make sure the tiles, sprites, and entities directories are subdirectories of "Fallout Tactics/core".
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Like this:
Core/tiles
core/sprites
Core/whatever else there is.

You might want to unzip like this:
Click and drag your .bos files in an open WinZip Window(after copying them to a folder you made e.g. c:\testing\)
Select the files and drag them to your c:\testing folder. Might help you to see how to place them on the core folder.(Or you could possibly rename them to .zip and right click to unzip them wherever you want and then place them to their proper places.)
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

i got a question: how do you say when you drink for example whisky and then take some juice from another cup and drink it to kill the taste of whisky?? is there a singel word in english to call it?
i know quite not a mod question but i need it for the polish->english translation for a mod (not realft but awaken, another much bigger modification)

edit: http://www.awaken-mod.prv.pl/ - info about the incoming mod

Edited again by MV to make the link actually work :mrgreen:
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

MacBeth wrote:i got a question: how do you say when you drink for example whisky and then take some juice from another cup and drink it to kill the taste of whisky?? is there a singel word in english to call it?
In the US midwest we call it a "chaser" when you take a sip of a beer after drinking a shot of whisky.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

Okay, Has anyone created a world map with cities on it, like Fallout1/2?

Because I'm working on that now(amongst other things).
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:In the US midwest we call it a "chaser" when you take a sip of a beer after drinking a shot of whisky.
name_Sprit = {Spirit}
desc_Sprit = {"That's the spirit!". Drunkards favourite chaser component.}

thanks JJ86 i hope this one will be correct

Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

MacBeth wrote:name_Sprit = {Spirit}
desc_Sprit = {"That's the spirit!". Drunkards favourite chaser component.}

thanks JJ86 i hope this one will be correct
No problem Macbeth although I'm not sure of your usage of spirit. Spirit is to my knowledge a generic term for a hard liquor like vodka, whisky, etc. instead of softer alcoholic drinks like beer and ales. It is also another word for ghost which is probably the more common usage for the word. The two meanings are related because if you drink too much hard liquor you start to see ghosts or things that are not there!
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

Valdis wrote:Okay, Has anyone created a world map with cities on it, like Fallout1/2?

Because I'm working on that now(amongst other things).
HUH? I really need to know if there's competition out there!
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:No problem Macbeth although I'm not sure of your usage of spirit.
belive me there are some people that drink it veeery othen :) well personaly i dont know anyone who does but sorry i dont have any friends among social margin :roll: ..... oh and when you drink spirit you can not only see some ghosts but get blind also 8O

edit: work bad quote work!
edit2: spelling error
Last edited by MacBeth on Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Valdis wrote: HUH? I really need to know if there's competition out there!
I assume OTB is the only one although I attempted it.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

Cool. It's taken me forever to get that done. I'm suprised no one's tried it before.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Valdis wrote:Cool. It's taken me forever to get that done. I'm suprised no one's tried it before.
I have maps of the following locations either complete or in the works*:
  1. The Hub
  2. New Reno
  3. The Den
  4. Vault City
  5. The Military Base (FO1 style)
  6. Vault 13/generic vault
  7. Sierra Army Depot
Yeah, there's competition. :mrgreen:

OTB

*When I say that I have maps, I'm speaking only of tilework. With the exception of The Hub, none of these have any entity or scripting work done yet.
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

That.Is.AWESOME!!

It must've taken forever to do it...

If only I could have two Fallout games up at the same time (FO1/2&FOT)...

I'm looking foward to it.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

i ve got some problem because im not sure if i can (well onestly im almost sure that i cant) give the mod to some computer magazine so they would put it on their cd. the mod would be of course also available on line but not everyone can offord to download more than 200 mb.
if i correctly undersood the licence agreement i can olny share it on the internet (for free of course) and.... thats all...

Our Host!