Fallout3: do's and dont's

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.

Do you agree?

Yes, i'm a true fallout'er.
96%
No, i'm a "baldurs gate"-playing idiot.
4%

Total votes: 25

Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

That battle is prety easy. First give Smithy and Miles a good pistol each and a knife/spear/baton. Then leave your NPCs in startegic parts of the town. Have the Blades come help. When you attack, you should e able to kill all regulators with only one or two peasants dead.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Headroom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Headroom »

but, don't you think phatasm can always be symbollically coded/translated into sci-fi terms? I believe what you call psionic can be translated as an esp or a brain-wave boosted mutant...

magic chants can be pass phrases to activate certain actions...

nanotech is almost magic
I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

Headroom wrote:magic chants can be pass phrases to activate certain actions...
That sounds intriguing. A bunch of "shamans" or "wizards" in a Vault or other tech-from-the-past installation whose "magic chants" or "spells" are actually activating and deactivating voice-controlled systems, possibly robots or weapons systems...

When you "learn a spell" you are actually learning some mumbo-jumbo with a command passphrase hidden in there somewhere. Your quest is to earn their trust so that they will teach you the "spells" to access library computers and storage rooms to get vital information and equipment.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Heh, heh. I have gotten used to Tactics CTB, and now I just reinstalled Fallout 1. I got to Adytum and took on the Regulators after helping out the Blades. Holy crap, is that friggin' boring. All I can do is try to move a little bit during my turn and watch as every one I want to save is mowed down. At least in Tactics I could rush to the aid of a few people to help them out against an onslaught.

Maybe you don't consider CTB battles tactical, but that Adytum battle was much worse than any CTB battle.
Turn up the combat speed slider then. With it all the way up, you can do Adytum in a matter of minutes.

I'd like to see you try Adytum under CTB also. Given the sheer amount of Regulators, and the firepower they carry, I'd say you'd never survive.
------------------
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I had the combat speed slider at maximum for Adytum and it still seemed underwhelmingly slow. It may be a good candidate for a challenging Tactics battle map. I will have to work on it after finishing my current campaign.
Rel@x_Guy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rel@x_Guy »

CTB would be a fine option for Fallout 3. but keep it an option, so it's easily changeable between turnbased and continious turnbased like in Arcanum.

That would break up the tedium, don't u think?

Plus CTB would be even easier to use when only controlling 1 character (for those of us who found controlling 6 people at once a pain in the ass).
I am Lonley
- Rel@x_Guy (18531075)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/relax_guy/
Our Host!