A bummer thing with the brahmin rides and such.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

A bummer thing with the brahmin rides and such.

Post by Warlord »

When you fight there and some of your group or the guards in the convoy shoots an encountered merchant (with burst or a miss), then you are pulled in battle with them. Once the combat is over, the caravan master says something like "Where is a ranger when you need one?" and you have to leave the caravan. Even if you wouldn't have shot a single shot against the merchants... and then that caravan won't be available to go later... this just suck as caravaning is the one thing I care to do in the game.
Anyone know any solution to this problem?
I think ther is no solution...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
darkangel
SDF!
SDF!

Post by darkangel »

8O Er no, just reload
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: A bummer thing with the brahmin rides and such.

Post by Ganymedes »

Warlord wrote:this just suck as caravaning is the one thing I care to do in the game.
:?:
Well, I can agree to some point... Caravaning was really joyous in FO1, but in FO2 it just was so many other ways of making money... :?
Fallout Forever!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think it was way more enjoyable in FO2, because in FO1 you had the time limit to get the water chip. And when you got it and had no time limit anymore, you were far too superior to even bother taking those rides... :?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

That's right. It is much more fun in FO2, but those bugs and flaws just make it sometimes so darn frustrating.

Like the brahmin ride you get from NCR from the shop guy. Sometimes it makes you to go through three dozens of encounters and sometimes you survive with only a few. Sometimes when you leave the screen in such encounter, you will get another one right away, where you can watch the previous battlefield..... and sometimes you end up being inside one of those trailer things.
Few times when you leave the screen, you just end up in the desert all alone, and when you go back to Redding for your money, they say you abandoned the caravan...

BTW have you ever killed one of those caravan masters? Try to kill one in Redding with a dynamite or plastic and look what items they have. The one that looks like a buffout is something really weird....
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Really? What did it do, then? :?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

My question exactly, I've never heard about anything weird around there either...

Would be nice to put in my Walkthrough for FO2 whenevr I get around to making it...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I believe that looks-like-a-buffout is somekind of joke or something there. I can't remember what was the description of the item, but it was weird and you can't do anything with that....annoying little thingie.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Its the 'reserved item' it weighs ten lbs and has a description along the lines of 'This is a reserved item DO NOT USE' or something like that.

I have a screenshot of it in the inventory window, on the ground, and in the window where your gun usually is. Just PM me your e-mail if you want it.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

OK, I'll PM you!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Our Host!