Multiple Impact Bursts (using vehicle dust impactfx)

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Multiple Impact Bursts (using vehicle dust impactfx)

Post by Forty-six & Two »

After a long break away from FoT and modding, i've picked up the editor again.

Now I don't know if anyone else ever fiddled around with this idea, as I remember it coming up in the past.
I've been making a weapon catalogue that uses invisible projectiles for all bullet weapons and so forth, meaning that you actually see a bullet impact (using the vehicle dust impactfx). This makes combat alot more interesting and more random.

Im making a small test map for other modders to see, which will be ready shortly. If anyone finds this interesting I will consider making a full size campaign or mini campaign using the system.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Updated version of the testmap.
http://www.gratisupload.dk/download/25518/

Extract the folder to your bos directory and make a shortcut using -Path ProjectilesTestMap.

This test map is just for showcasing how i've changed the game mehcanics slightly concerning projectiles. It's not really intended for actual play, rather only testing and discussing.
These changes work badly in CTB and is intended for turn based!

The map faces off 6 player controlled characters in a simple trench fight against a group of raiders. The download is only 300kb and takes about 10-15 mins to play out in turn based.
I made an alternative map where I removed the advancing raiders, so you only face off against their entrenched guys.

Carefull when firing weapons in close quarters as the bullets may "ricochet" (This brings in an unintended element of critical failure.) Also prone is not always the best position to fire from due to the way projectile arcs act. Sometimes you will be better off aiming at the terrain instead of clicking directly on a an enemy.

Rarely strange things will happen, but most of the time i've found that these changes enhances the gameplay drastically, if the tiling used with the changes are considered.
Our Host!