Projects in the making

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

OnTheBounce wrote:I will most likely be out of Tucson in about 30 days, and back in wonderful Ft. Knox, Kentucky -- a land of rednecks and dry counties -- just in time to get a good dose the red clay that Knox is famous for...and freezing temperatures to boot.
Ah! Won't be that bad OTB I had six years broken time before I returned the the USMC. If your a 19K (1812) you will have a blast scraping and blasting that sticky red mud out from behind those support rollers with a fire hose at the wash rack after playing around in the mud with your M1A1 or M1A2. Actually you will probably spend more time at the driving simulators in the splendor of air conditiond luxury.

The good things are that you are going to beat the humidity and you will probably be going to BNOC as soon as you finish your OSUT training and pin on those stripes. As a retread you will take some shit at first but you will advance rapidly..best wishes.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

glad to know you're ok OTB
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

OTB is back

Post by Big Tom »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Jimmyjay86 wrote:Things happen in life that you can't control. Here's hoping he is ok wherever he is.
Don't worry guys, I'm all right.
Hi OTB I am also glad to hear that you are OK and still here. I am here new and from other side of your world, but anyway I hope that if I send you email to your new address that you answer me, because I wrote on your address quite a lot of emails. Some people know about my new project on FT campaign and also xbow is in process on it with me and some other 12 people. Here is some news about it. Wait a mail :crazy:
http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 467#190467

BigTom
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

New address

Post by Big Tom »

OnTheBounce

My old Duck and Cover email address was lost when we moved forums, so if any of you need to get ahold of me, use my screen name here @excite.com, since I will be shortly ditching my internet service and will have to rely on my brother's machine and web-based email.

OTB
Sorry OTB I tried to write you email but seems that I didn't understand you in description your new address. If you will be so kind I would like to ask you to send me it on my mal:

t.jantac@seznam.cz

THX

BigTom
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

i supposse it should be onthebounce@>>deletethis<<.excite.com
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

OTB address

Post by Big Tom »

MacBeth wrote:i supposse it should be onthebounce@>>deletethis<<.excite.com
Seems I am more stupid then I thought, but I post mail on address
onthebounce@excite.com
even before and if I understood you well that you think the same address? Or what do you mean by @>>deletethis<<.excite.com?
If you mean something else just correct me please.
THX
BigTom
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Re: OTB address

Post by Nicolai »

Big Tom wrote:
onthebounce@excite.com
even before and if I understood you well that you think the same address? Or what do you mean by @>>deletethis<<.excite.com?
THX
BigTom
It's probably onthebounce@excite.com or onthebounce@.excite.com :drunk:
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: OTB address

Post by Big Tom »

Nicolai wrote:
Big Tom wrote:
onthebounce@excite.com
THX
BigTom
It's probably onthebounce@excite.com or onthebounce@.excite.com :drunk:

THX guy OTB allredy ansewered me on my mail and as I hope it will brings to all contribution with cooperatin betwen us. Because I have started to work on a new campaign (as some of you allready knows) and I have now done some 10 missions and I would like to have some 20+ MS. OTB help with this will be more than as can I ever wish. I allredy know that this help is for him possible but I don´t know if he will agree with my suggestion. We will see.

And sorry my English is quite Barbarian :hahano:

Just take a pray for it man

THX

BigTom
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

just want to say i'm glad OTB is well and alive...all the best to you!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Just so I don't seem rude: thanks to all of you that expressed relief at my not being dead in some gutter somewhere.

Currently I'm still waiting for my Grade Determination Waiver. I had hoped that the IT revolution would speed things up with the Department of the Army. However, it seems like it's like it's always been: there's a right way, a wrong way, and the Army way of doing things and so it's been taking longer than anticipated. I had hoped that I'd be leaving this week, but...

I've been keeping busy with some 'Nam-related literature. Notably, The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford (Full Metal Jacket was based on it, unfortunately it's been out of print since Christ was a Corporal), and Michael Herr's Dispatches. Interesting stuff, especially after the glut of WWII fiction that I read over the summer.

Just to set some misconceptions straight that are probably cropping up in some of your minds. The fact that I'm re-joining the Army has absolutely nothing to do with patriotism, the War on Terror or anything like that. In fact, I've been pretty critical of how things are being handled in the post-9/11 world.

The reasons for my going back are mostly practical. I can pay off some debts that I've wracked up over the past couple of years, and also save up enough money to get me through Grad School and hopefully even well into my post-graduate work with only a minimum of extra-curricular work. (The Army doesn't really pay all that well, but I'm single, will live in the barracks, and have traded my car in for a bicycle so I can save about 90+% of my paychecks.)

I admit that there is a side of me that misses rolling around inside of a 70+ ton beast and slinging 120mm rounds, but even that has nothing to do with Old Glory, Uncle Sam or that atavism currently residing in the White House. It's more of an existential thing...

Any way, I've been dicking around w/the editors a bit the past couple of days and have been playing some of my old missions. Hopefully I'll be of some use to you gents 'til Uncle Sam takes me back into his warm embrace...

Oh, one last thing: I'm looking into posting tiles-only versions of my maps on my Fortune City site. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

OnTheBounce wrote:Just so I don't seem rude: thanks to all of you that expressed relief at my not being dead in some gutter somewhere.

Any way, I've been dicking around w/the editors a bit the past couple of days and have been playing some of my old missions. Hopefully I'll be of some use to you gents 'til Uncle Sam takes me back into his warm embrace...

Oh, one last thing: I'm looking into posting tiles-only versions of my maps on my Fortune City site. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

OTB
Hi OTB

Glad to read your post and that you are still in civil :giggle: .
BT
Sorry for my Barbarian English, because I am Barbarian
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Question

Post by Big Tom »

Hy man. I have a question. What else right?

I am trying to make like in FT obtaining rank in my campaign when you speek with Recruit master. Now it seems that it doesn´t function.
I will be grateful for any help with this. :?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

IIRC promotion is granted when the player receives enough experience points to level, enough reputation points to go up a reputation level, and also requires the mission to be closed.

In the next map or at the bunker after a mission you need to have a trigger that sets the mission state to closed. Check out the triggers in bunker 01 etc.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Just a quick note OTB, if you want a duckandcover.cx mail address just drop me a PM and I'll set it up. Good luck.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:IIRC promotion is granted when the player receives enough experience points to level, enough reputation points to go up a reputation level, and also requires the mission to be closed.
I don't think there's any way to promote/demote a character. Demotions occur when Rep drops drastically, and promotions occur when a character gains a level and passes a CH-check.

Update: My recruiter called today and let me know my Grade Determination Waiver has (finally) been aproved! Friday I will be going up to Phoenix to sign my contract and sell three more precious years of my life away to Uncle Sam. I will find out when I'll be leaving then, too.

For those of you that are waiting for me to post Tiles Only versions of my maps on my site...I'm having problems. I think it has to do with the size of some of the files, but FC keeps resetting the connection when I'm trying to x-fer fallOfTheHub_TO.rar right when it hits 1 meg. (The file is 1.55 megs.) I've been trying since Sunday to get this done, but I haven't used up all of my tricks nor my patience yet, so I'll keep at it.
Mr. Teatime wrote:Just a quick note OTB, if you want a duckandcover.cx mail address just drop me a PM and I'll set it up. Good luck.
Thank you very kindly for the offer, but I'm not sure what arrangements are like in today's Army. I know plenty of people that surf from the barracks, but...well, different posts have different accomodations. Therefore I will stick w/my web-based excite address for now. However, if you'd like to keep the offer open in case it's feasable I'd be very much appreciative. :)

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

OnTheBounce wrote:I don't think there's any way to promote/demote a character. Demotions occur when Rep drops drastically, and promotions occur when a character gains a level and passes a CH-check.
I don't know about demotions but I was playing with the promotions the other day, just making the next level and reputation didn't promote my test character. If you put 10 points in CH you'll instantly gain a rank when you start a game, likewise Brown Noser will instantly bump you a rank. Also gaining over a 1000 reputation points in one go will promote you a rank, but to progress normally you need to make the level and reputation checks but you also need to close the mission in the triggers and I think complete at least one objective.

In the next map or at the bunker,

Condition
Anything really, but in the main game they use campaign variables, mission_01 complete etc.

Action
Open Mission mission_name
Set Mission mission_name complete

You might also need to do the Set Mission complete at the end of the mission before you leave the map, which is what they did in the main campaign but I haven't gotten around to trying it without doing that yet.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

THX man for your opinion. I hope that I will force this problem to work right :?

Anyway in case of Awaken mod this problem was same.

Cau

BT
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Hi everyone, I'm just posting to let everyone know that I'm still working on my MOD/campaign. To date I have completed 7 maps and about 5 smaller locations and i have just started what will be my most ambitious project yet. I'm not officially announcing anything yet, but i just wanted to see if there's still anyone out there interested in FOT.
Arjuna
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Arjuna »

yeah I am, good luck with your project
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

xkcon wrote:Hi everyone, I'm just posting to let everyone know that I'm still working on my MOD/campaign. To date I have completed 7 maps and about 5 smaller locations and i have just started what will be my most ambitious project yet. I'm not officially announcing anything yet, but i just wanted to see if there's still anyone out there interested in FOT.
Hi xkcon

Yeah man I am also working on FOT project but it is rather new campaign than mod called Legion of Empire. Some pictures and announcement have been done as you can see via link below. But now we are far from this point. I started do this work alone but till today is in my team some 15 active people. At first when I was alone it should be only moded multi player maps, but now - there are new maps, new sprites and tiles etc. There is also link on my home page. Unfortunately it is under construction and in Czech language. But stay tuned and soon will be also in English. :crazy:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 467#190467

http://legionofempire.wz.cz

I am glad that someone else is also working on projects for FT and don't give up friend. If you have some question how to triggered something or use Variables just don't hesitate to write here and I or someone else here can help you make it.
Our Host!