First Fallout Enforcer petition

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

First Fallout Enforcer petition

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[Community -> Update]</strong>

Didn't take long, but you knew it was coming. <b>BlackDog</b> has created a <A href="http://www.petitiononline.com/iplyfbos/">petition</a> protesting the lack of canon in <A href="http://www.interplay.com/games/product. ... 3">Fallout Enforcer</a>. Here's what it says:
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>To: Interplay Entertainment Corporation</b>
<br>
<br>This petition is to get Interplay to either change the name and characters in their upcoming PS2 and X-Box game Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel to something else other than the Brotherhood of Steel OR to at least keep the group The Brotherhood of Steel as close to canon as they can from the previous two Fallout RPG games.
<br>
<br>The reason? Mainly because The Brotherhood of Steel carried around such high powered weapons as gattling guns, pulse rifles, plasma rifles, laser rifles and missile launchers. They were encased in power armor. Granted so far we have only seen a logo and 6 screenshots, but so far they are NOTHING like anything the Brotherhood of Steel stood for in the first Fallout game. They prided technology and keeping it away from the masses as to avert more nuclear holocaust. They set out to destroy the super mutants and occasionally traded with the rest of the people of the wastelands.
<br>
<br>What they did NOT do was go running around in leather armor looking like something out of mad max. The Brotherhood of Steel is a civilized, organized group. Not some uncivilized tribal renegades wandering around with poor weapons and armor.
<br>
<br>So basically, if Interplay values any future revenues from this game - they should either change the name of the game OR anything having to do with the Brotherhood of Steel should be kept canon to the rest of the Fallout RPG games (Fallout 1 and Fallout 2)</blockquote>
<br>
<br>You forgot to mention they <A href="http://www.interplay.com/dbimages/produ ... f">screwed up the BOS symbol too</a>!
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

meh. I can see this having the same effect as the Fallout 3 petition.
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

My thoughts exactly.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: First Fallout Enforcer petition

Post by BlackDog »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:You forgot to mention they <A href="http://www.interplay.com/dbimages/produ ... f">screwed up the BOS symbol too</a>!
Damn yeah. Shoulda put that too! But yeah...I'm a huge BoS fan - of the actual group from the first game. So much that I even named my online Guild after them...so suffice it to say, yeah...I'm peeved at Interplay.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

But yeah...I'm a huge BoS fan - of the actual group from the first game.
Join the Brotherhood of Thong!
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Lasse wrote:Join the Brotherhood of Thong!
<---- I'm not just the president I'm also a member

kekekkekekkekd
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: First Fallout Enforcer petition

Post by Ripper »

<blockquote><b>To:  Interplay Entertainment Corporation</b>

This petition is to get Interplay to either change the name and characters in their upcoming PS2 and X-Box game Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel to something else other than the Brotherhood of Steel OR to at least keep the group The Brotherhood of Steel as close to canon as they can from the previous two Fallout RPG games.

The reason? Mainly because The Brotherhood of Steel carried around such high powered weapons as gattling guns, pulse rifles, plasma rifles, laser rifles and missile launchers. They were encased in power armor. Granted so far we have only seen a logo and 6 screenshots, but so far they are NOTHING like anything the Brotherhood of Steel stood for in the first Fallout game. They prided technology and keeping it away from the masses as to avert more nuclear holocaust. They set out to destroy the super mutants and occasionally traded with the rest of the people of the wastelands.

What they did NOT do was go running around in leather armor looking like something out of mad max. The Brotherhood of Steel is a civilized, organized group. Not some uncivilized tribal renegades wandering around with poor weapons and armor.

So basically, if Interplay values any future revenues from this game - they should either change the name of the game OR anything having to do with the Brotherhood of Steel should be kept canon to the rest of the Fallout RPG games (Fallout 1 and Fallout 2)</blockquote>

how bout the BOS of FOT ? why no complaints ?

anyway i feel that IP does not give a jackshit about its fans...........
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

So much for "by gamers, for gamers"
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

"By marketing execs for gaming schleps."??
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

"By marketing execs for gaming schleps."??

thats a good one..............
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

If they make this game, I will by several tons of C-4 and blow up their headquarters. This has gopt to be the worst thing I've ever seen. And I mean EVER!!!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Tank wrote:If they make this game, I will by several tons of C-4 and blow up their headquarters. This has gopt to be the worst thing I've ever seen. And I mean EVER!!!
Just don't overdo with the explosives... You don't want to blow up Troika by accident, now do you?
Red

Post by Red »

Heck, we don't really have anything against BIS (other then cranking out a bunch of crappy titles lately they didn't do anything really bad)...

It's IPLY we're against really, and I'm guessing their HQ is somewhere elsem though I might be wrong...
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

Just don't overdo with the explosives... You don't want to blow up Troika by accident, now do you?
yea, they are the good guys........

I have no blood vendettas with BIS and Troika.....
but i cant wait to firebomb IPLY.......
so if BIS and Troika gonna get in the way.............

THEY ARE ALL GONNA DIE !!!!!!!!!!
YOU WILL DIE !!!! YOU WILL ALL DIE!!!!!!! DIE !!!!!!!!!!!! hahaheheh !!!!!!!!!! Howl !!!!!!!!
Our Host!