If you would change something in FO2, what would it be?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

lol i poo in funkalots mouth
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Fri May 30, 2003 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

8O You must really be an evil person Lasse...
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I always like to see them kill each other though.......
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

8O Am I surrounded by evil persons?!
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Has anyone noticed that when in the Huboligist complex you can walk through walls(in the cafeteria area)?

Just a little thing that sort bugged me when I saw Sulik take a little shortcut. 8O
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

8O What?! BUG! (or easter-egg, but I think it's a bug)
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JaTe »

I would change one thing about it, it's lack of a sequal.

Also I liked the humor, but I think they should have had more dark humor and less "cutsie" humor.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

I would have included some kind of backwards-compatability with Fallout, so that some of the original Vault Dweller's characteristics from your game in 1 shine forth in 2, giving a greater feel of continuity.
Also would make it so women could get pregnant, even if I would then be a father to half the wastes... :oops:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Nah, nothing new on the Western Front...

You know those slaver fences at the NCR bazaar? If tricky enough, you can walk through those! It's quite fun to sneak in there without the slavers noticing :wink:
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

How about when you go into a deserted cave that you get in some random encounters and when you exit the encounter, you are now in between The Den and Redding? Just another bug that has happened to me a couple of times. :x
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Anyone really knows what to do with the keycard?

It says it's some sort of reactor key... maybe it could be used at the oil rig.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Sorry, but it's completely useless. Sell it.
{Another unfinished side quest brought to you courtesy of Black Isle Studios} :roll:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And another dude who asks what the fuck to do with the keycard :?

If I'd got a penny from every person who asked me this question, I'd be like a millionare or something!
grapedog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by grapedog »

Some things I would change...

Add a trigger in the beginning that lets you choose one of three possible scenario's for the ending of FO1. "Good, Bad, Ugly". Good would have taken your characters through the morally straight route and certain towns would have blossomed and others bombed. Same for Bad and Ugly which is most henious route you could have taken...bad being a mid point which is probably where most characters trod. Each of those settings will place certain towns on the map for you to find as well as a slighty different backstory on the Vault Dweller.

Add more NPC's with quests and more random NPC's doing stuff not quest related. More agricultural/tribal towns and villages like Shady Sands. More random business's employing people that serve no purpose except to fill more of the town up to get away from that deserted look that some of the big towns are not supposed to have.

A night/day schedule with NPC's moving to and from work such as in Arcanum. I don't think they had this in FO2, or implemented in such a fashion. Business's close for the evening and you have to wait till morning.

Finish unfinished quests...

More low tech/lower damage weapons and less high tech/high damage weapons. More pockets of technology, recluse societies, knowledge societies that sprung about around major hubs or libraries, things of that nature. More religious factions.

More exploration of continent. Mexico, South America...how other less industrial continents or less powerfull continents handled the same devestating effects that we had to deal with. The US got turned into a festering bowl of dog snot, I can only imagin what happened to the likes of Guam...if it even survived.

More boats and perhaps some sighs of early technology such as the Steam Engine or Ironclads. I would love to see rudimentary railroads popping up again between two or the larger towns trading resources. It would only make sense. More goods could travel more safely between the two or more points. Some of the raiders punch would be taken out if they had to rob trains on foot/horse instead of just walking up to caravans. Which in turn would make the raiders a more formidible force or completely wipe them out into much smaller roaving bands.

I like the idea of a Raider city like they had in FO:Tactics. I think the Raiders could have a lot more influence on the world than they presently do and it seems like from FO to FO2 they gained more weight and presence which was good.

If each vault had a Geck, wouldn't there be more Vault City type of places? I can't remember if story/plot described other vault histories after coming out.

More quests dealing with BOS and the Rangers.

Thats all I can think of for now..
grapedog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by grapedog »

Another thing, making certain quests not completable at certain levels. Just for kicks I decided to try and get the advanced power armor from Navarro right off the bat and it is possible...which quickly ruined the rest of the game for me because of ease at that point. Taking on lizards and mole rats loses a lot of the fun when in that armor. Though I will say it's easy leveling. Going to and from Navarro, I started at 1 and ended at around 7 or so...some of the random encounters when leaving Navarro are tough though if you get jumped by a few suits....mainly had to run away. Thats what I would change, certain things should get unlocked only after certain points.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

Kashluk wrote:And another dude who asks what the fuck to do with the keycard :?
damit!, that keycard must have a use, (curse my ignorance)!!

*starts blabbering uncontrollably*
nhhhh!!

if there was one thing i could change it would be to make that keycard get a use- damn keycard!
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I know... it's very annoying to find a keycard so early in the game and it has no meaning, no use. I liked the unpatched version... I couldn't even get the damn card...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

damn i hate that card,
they should make a new patch that makes every thing usless either not there or have a use!!
- definatley a pair of sissors to chop up forsaken items
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
grapedog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by grapedog »

anyone know what the flowers are for? Also, I know the ghoul in Gecko likes to play tragic, but is there any point to collecting the decks?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

You can sell them for 50$ a pop, thats the best use for them unless you like wasting time playing with barkeep.
Our Host!