The king of mapping updates his site!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

The king of mapping updates his site!

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Speaking of Fallout Tactics campaigns, the guru of map editing, OnTheBounce, has updated his website! <a href="http://members.fortunecity.com/onthebounce/index.htm" target="_blank">Go and check it out</a> - there is much goodness to be had. New screenshots, tutorials, reference material, the "Graveyard of Broken Dreams"... Cheers OTB!
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Those'r some pretty handy tactical tips...

Now I'm looking forward to "Phase 2" even more now (if that's physically possible, 'course). Of course, I could get off my ass and finish my new map before Phase 2 hits...

I'll give $100 U.S. to the first person who invents a 30 hour day. 24 just ain't enuff...
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

hmm maybe I could rig a watch to have 30 hours instead of 24... yeah MV would buy that SUCKER!

HEy I got a deal for ya!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: The king of mapping updates his site!

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:Speaking of Fallout Tactics campaigns, the guru of map editing, OnTheBounce, has updated his website!
If you call me the "King of Mapping" or "Guru of Map Editing" again I shall revert to calling you "Lord and Master". ;)

I suppose if I didn't more than quarterly updates this wouldn't be such news. Sorry, but my shitty job (which I will be rid of in only 11 more days!) has been beating the shit out of me and things have been crawling along when compared to the pace I originally thought I'd keep up. Thanks for the support and the patience, everyone!

Graveyard of Broken Dreams: For those of you who don't know, this is where abandoned maps are being made available for downloading. This way those of you in need of maps can use them as is, modify them, or simply be inspired by others tilework. The only thing anyone asks is that you give proper credit where credit is due.

I'll be uploading three (IIRC) of my own maps there in the next couple of days. Even if you're not remotely interested in IOOI, this section may be of interest to you if you're a FoT mapper/modder.

Cheers to requiem_for_a_starfury for submitting the first map to this section!
Max-Violence wrote:Those'r some pretty handy tactical tips...
Indeed they are. Viktor has done an outstanding job on them.

I especially like the latest batch, since he used my Phase 1 demo mission to do them. I have to say that it's pretty nifty seeing how other people approach your own work. You see how similar and yet how very differently people play.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: The king of mapping updates his site!

Post by OnTheBounce »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Kreegle wrote:Speaking of Fallout Tactics campaigns, the guru of map editing, OnTheBounce, has updated his website!
If you call me the "King of Mapping" or "Guru of Map Editing" again I shall revert to calling you "Lord and Master". ;)

I suppose if I didn't more than quarterly updates this wouldn't be such news. Sorry, but my shitty job (which I will be rid of in only 11 more days!) has been beating the shit out of me and things have been crawling along when compared to the pace I originally thought I'd keep up. Thanks for the support and the patience, everyone!

Graveyard of Broken Dreams: For those of you who don't know, this is where abandoned maps are being made available for downloading. This way those of you in need of maps can use them as is, modify them, or simply be inspired by others tilework. The only thing anyone asks is that you give proper credit where credit is due.

I'll be uploading three (IIRC) of my own maps there in the next couple of days. Even if you're not remotely interested in IOOI, this section may be of interest to you if you're a FoT mapper/modder.

Cheers to requiem_for_a_starfury for submitting the first map to this section!
Max-Violence wrote:Those'r some pretty handy tactical tips...
Indeed they are. Viktor has done an outstanding job on them. Much better than the early ones that I set up myself.

I especially like the latest batch, since he used my Phase 1 demo mission to do them. I have to say that it's pretty nifty seeing how other people approach your own work. You see how similar and yet how very differently people play.
Max_Violence wrote:Now I'm looking forward to "Phase 2" even more now (if that's physically possible, 'course). Of course, I could get off my ass and finish my new map before Phase 2 hits...
Steady, young man! Don't want you having a stroke or an anyeurism!

OTB's palms begin to sweat as the pressure to bring out something that will measure up to Max's expectations makes itself felt...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Hmmm... a double-post with a twist: new studd in the second post! Wowzerz!!!
paynetothemax wrote:yeah MV would buy that
Not for $100 U.S., I won't Image
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!