Unarmed attacks

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
elmoo
SDF!
SDF!

Unarmed attacks

Post by elmoo »

I'm currently trying to detail the different modes of unarmed combat that is available to the various races

As you increase your unarmed skill, different attacks become available. I'm going to use trevor as an example. Stats stay the same
at 9 6 5 4 4 7 5

He's currently level 17
unarmed 54%
strong punch 8-10
Hip kick 15-20
Snap kick 13-17

unarmed tagged at 84%
Hammer Punch 10-12
Jab 11-14 (6AP!)
Power Kick 16-20
Hip Kick 17-21

unarmed at 100%
Haymaker 12-14
Jab 10-12
Advanced Power Kick 24-31
Hook Kick 28-36

unarmed 120%
Advanced Haymaker 10-12
Palm Strike 12-14
Kicks remain as above

unarmed 150%
Extreme Haymaker 12-14
Pierce Strike 16-19 (8AP!!!)
Kicks remain as above

Apparently strength and agility directly affect the kind of attacks that are available as well.

When I increase trevors AG to 9, he managed to get Piercing Kick and Extreme Power Kick. You need a minimum of ST 9 to get Piercing Strike and AG 9 to get Piercing Kick

Unfortunately, I have no clear evidence that the different attacks have any bonuses beyond the increased damage, though I would like to think that palm strike will increase knock down and Piercing, well, you get a lot of 'bypassing defense' msgs.

Things that affect attack modes available
Race
unarmed skill
ST and AG

Not got any stats on Muties, Ghouls, Deathclaws and Dogs yet though.

Oh, and I haven't figured out why a piercing strike should cost 8AP. there is no other attack that costs this much.

Comments, additions?
"When all that is solid melts into air, constipation will be but a misty memory"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

All the info you need is in the 'races.txt' in core/tables. There you'll find the tables which show which unarmed attack that each race has (also where you'll can edit and add new attacks see this topic here) i.e for Humans the requirements for Extreme Haymaker are Experience level 16, unarmed skill of 130%, strength 5 and agility 7. For the Extreme Power Kick the requirements are Experience level 15, unarmed skill of 125%, strength 6 and agility 8.

You'll also need to open the 'items.txt' in core/local/game so you can see what each attack is called and read their descriptions. To find out the action point cost and chances of knockdown etc open the attacks up in the entity editor.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
elmoo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elmoo »

thanks!

I don't have the habit of opening up files. but thanks for the info. I'll be taking a peek at the stuff.

Restarting the whole game to try and finish it tough guy without firing a single shot. :lol:
"When all that is solid melts into air, constipation will be but a misty memory"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Not having much else to do this morning I've put together a text file with all the different unarmed attacks, AP costs, damage, damage modifiers, critical chances, knockdown chances etc. I can't post it here cause all the formatting will get stripped but if you or anyone is interested drop me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.
elmoo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elmoo »

Thanks for the txt file. It was great info.

I notice however that they didn't include the details for palm strike and piercing strike.

In anycase, would anyone know how a multiplier of 1 works? Does it meant that there is only a 1% chance of a knockdown as opposed to the 100% using a deathclaw shred?

Playing unarmed in CTB is a real bitch becos of the stupid AI.

In most RTS the way to go is click on your unit and then click on unit you wish to annihilate.

In FOT, my characters (all six of them) will run towards the enemy who is also charging at them and then they will run right past and stop at where the bad guy started running from. By this time, of course, they are both too far away to grapple and will have to do a U turn.

On the plus side, silent running plus silent death is such a joy to witness. But I would prefer if the buddies of my luckless victims didn't witness the exploding body, cos they turn on me in an instant and shred me with autos.

Wish list- a pause button that allows you to assign orders to your squaddies during CTB melee - My whole squad bursts into a room full of baddies and EVERYONE of them will bear down on a SINGLE baddie. Meanwhile, the rest of the baddies are taking free shots while my 6 squaddies are gangbanging their comrade.

Because I am abstaining from bullets, crowded spaces are my pet hate!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

elmoo wrote:Thanks for the txt file. It was great info.

I notice however that they didn't include the details for palm strike and piercing strike.
It does, but I ran out of room, beneath Extreme Haymaker it says 2nd attack, that's the Piercing strike (same for jabs and palmstrikes and the alternate kick attacks). I originally did the file as a spreadsheet and converted it to a tab delinated text file, in case you don't have excel, and needed to edit some of the descriptions and add extra tabs to line everything up.
elmoo wrote:In anycase, would anyone know how a multiplier of 1 works? Does it meant that there is only a 1% chance of a knockdown as opposed to the 100% using a deathclaw shred?
I assume a multiplier of 1 is just the standard chance of knocking someone over.
elmoo wrote:Playing unarmed in CTB is a real bitch becos of the stupid AI.

In most RTS the way to go is click on your unit and then click on unit you wish to annihilate.

In FOT, my characters (all six of them) will run towards the enemy who is also charging at them and then they will run right past and stop at where the bad guy started running from. By this time, of course, they are both too far away to grapple and will have to do a U turn.

On the plus side, silent running plus silent death is such a joy to witness. But I would prefer if the buddies of my luckless victims didn't witness the exploding body, cos they turn on me in an instant and shred me with autos.

Wish list- a pause button that allows you to assign orders to your squaddies during CTB melee - My whole squad bursts into a room full of baddies and EVERYONE of them will bear down on a SINGLE baddie. Meanwhile, the rest of the baddies are taking free shots while my 6 squaddies are gangbanging their comrade.

Because I am abstaining from bullets, crowded spaces are my pet hate!
When playing CTB I make sure that I set up my people in sub units, using F7, F8 etc that way I can direct them easier along with using the single person selection F1-F8. The one thing that is annoying about CTB melee is how they'll ignore someone, who's attacking them, unless you manually intervene. At least when armed with a ranged weapon they'll fight back on their own accord.
Our Host!