FIRST POST! Well, for 2003 anyway

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

FIRST POST! Well, for 2003 anyway

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Happy New Year, dear reader! Hope you had quite a dandy old time and held a reasonable amount of control over your bodily functions. 2003 - another year without any solid news on Fallout 3? Probably. Do we care? Well... actually, yeah, I guess so. Don't let it get to you though... fight the good fight! Or, alternatively... wait the good wait.

Anyway, here's some cheery news to lift your spirits *cough*. It's a new piece from <a href="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm" target="_blank">Dark Horizons</a>, about the new <b>Mad Max 4 </b>film. Observe:<blockquote><em>In an interview with First Magazine, Director George Miller spilled out the details on the film's current status: "We're almost done on the script, and we hope to get filming early in the year. Yes Mel's back on board (in response to his payment) He's worth every cent. I mean would you watch a Mad Max film without Mel?". In terms of casting - "We've a bit of a way to go there. But Mel has an idea to put <b>Robert Downey Jnr</b> - who I adore by the way - in a role, and I myself would love to see some of the faces from the earlier films return be it <b>Tina Turner, Emil Minty</b>...". </blockquote></em>Shit. Uhh... happy new year. Oh, I said that already.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I'm guessing robert downey jr. is going to be some raiders effeminate bitch. ROCK.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

There's a rumor going around Fury Road will be a prequel to Road Warrior. Apparently one of the guys who builds Interceptor replicas was brought on board for the movie. I personally think it's impossible seeing how Mel Gibson looks too old for it and regular movie-goers would be confused about the story.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Is road warrior movie number one or two? Sorry, I get confused with all these MM-movies :?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

It's number 2. In Australia and England it's simply Mad Max 2, but they renamed it Road Warrior in America because few people knew about the original Mad Max here.
Gadro
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Gadro »

Mad Max RW wrote:I personally think it's impossible seeing how Mel Gibson looks too old for it
Some make up, and it's done.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

You might as well use a CG Max and have Mel do the voice. Short of that, I can't see how any makeup could possibly make him look as young as he did in MM or RW.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

The only believable explanation I can come up with is if they use an Interceptor replica for flashback scenes. Like Max has dreams of what life was like before Road Warrior. All they need to show is the car. God that would be sweet.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Killzig wrote:I'm guessing robert downey jr. is going to be some raiders effeminate bitch. ROCK.
Does that mean that he'll get a steel boomerang lodged in his brain pan?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Maybe he finds another one in some PA car lot, all he needs is a fuel injector and 2000 gold.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Then it wouldn't have been the last of the V8 Interceptors would it? :p
Aerothorn
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Aerothorn »

I've never seen the Mad Max films...

*Puts up flame shield*
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Mad Max RW wrote:The only believable explanation I can come up with is if they use an Interceptor replica for flashback scenes. Like Max has dreams of what life was like before Road Warrior. All they need to show is the car. God that would be sweet.
Maybe Robert Downey Jr. is going to play a younger Max in flashback scenes :?: :wink:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Robert Downey Jr. is going to play someone in Fury Road. That's all we know.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Killzig wrote:I'm guessing robert downey jr. is going to be some raiders effeminate bitch. ROCK.
Does that mean that he'll get a steel boomerang lodged in his brain pan?

OTB
That's exactly what I was thinking. Though maybe we could mix in some Mad Max influence and hand cuff him to a burning car. Without the benefit of the hack saw, of course.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Downey Jr could drive a V8 interceptor while naked, throwing imaginary rats out of the window and away from his crack rocks...

...and like Ringo, all he'd have to do is... act naturally.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I want Cuba Gooding jr. to play Mad Max on Fury Road!!! *roar*
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

George Miller announced a casting call for some teenagers in Mad Max 4: Fury Road. http://www.filmjerk.com/archives/0301/0 ... sting.html

"The new Mad Max film, "Fury Road," begins shooting June 1. Director George Miller appears to be sticking with the storyline he created with "Beyond Thunderdome," as the production is looking for a number of teenagers. The girls will be beautiful, splendid, capable, humorous and refined. The boys, young warriors and street punks, will be athletic, lean, tough, strong and physical. All are humorous and full of life."

Some of you crazy kids out there might get a big break. :P Don't read into that "appears to be sticking with the...." crap. Miller still hasn't released ANY info on MM4's storyline.
Our Host!