Fallout Tactics:SP Campaigns list

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Fallout Tactics:SP Campaigns list

Post by Flamescreen »

I thought I'd put the Campaigns in production(SP) that have names so we can check their progress from time to time and ask about others.So here they come(in random order):
BEST VIEWED IN DAC CLASSIC SCHEME
"In our own image" (Full version aprox. early(2003) August, 1st Demo version out,we're expecting the enhanced ones)
Creator: OTB,
Goto Site
"In The Edge of the Line"(Replacing DTeam's FO 2 1/2 which has died it seems)
Creator: FoxTail,
Goto Site
"Forging Steel"(Starting to smell pretty bad indeed!!!!)
Creator: Talion
Goto Site

"Gromch adventures"
Creator: Ouragan-French to English translator:Red
Goto Site
"Scourge of Wastes"
Creator: Daleth
Goto Nowhere
"New Genesis Assasins" Creator: NGA team
Goto Site
"Total Chaos" (Seems a bit...dead but I'm keeping it for now in the case Chaos reconciders. -Seems he did reconsider)
Creator: Chaos
Goto Nowhere
"Revenge" (Revenge is released as stand alone maps but I'm still including it since Max-V did us the favor to create some superb mini campaigns)
Creator: Max-Violence
Goto Site
"Faces of Oblivion" (My Ghoul campaign)
Creator: Flamescreen
Goto Site

Not bad for FoT modding community!
For any comments,corrections or info,reply below.
Last edited by Flamescreen on Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

boom biddy bye bye
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Good, I'll update it. Thanks for the info Lasee!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Fallout 2 1/2 by Dolo is not being made, if you missed the news a while ago. :wink:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Dolo sucks
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

In Reply to Slider

What news? And how long ago?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You might want to check with Dolo before crossing it off your list. I think he is still working on it regardless of what was said in that post.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I figure that it is dead though, after looking at his website his last update about his campaign was Feb 18.......
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

An Idea

Post by OnTheBounce »

:idea:

Hey Flamescreen, if you've got the time, you could always link the titles of the campaigns to their respective websites, you know.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: An Idea

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote::idea:

Hey Flamescreen, if you've got the time, you could always link the titles of the campaigns to their respective websites, you know.
Provided the author of the campaign has the ability to make one, of course...

:)
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

in reply to OTB:
OnTheBounce wrote::idea:

OTB
Hey, nice idea! How come didn't I think of that?
(As we know by now I am a Master Genius :lol: )
I will have that fixed shortly.
Fixed. Ask and you shall receive.
Last edited by Flamescreen on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

In reply to Slider
Slider wrote:Here it is from Feb 16

http://www.forumplanet.com/RPGPlanet/fa ... tid=542713
No, that's not true. If you checked Dolo's news he got back again to his project, immediatelly after he's withdrawal. Updates don't mean anything if one doesn't have a firm denouncement of the project by creators. You should check my GSI relative thread to further see what are my comments on that.
To tell the truth if he didn't deny it, but I knew first hand he droped I would still keep it, just in order to keep things flowing and hopes up.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Flamescreen wrote:in reply to OTB:
Hey, nice idea! How come didn't I think of that?
(As we know by now I am a Master Genius :lol: )
I will have that fixed shortly.
Fixed. Ask and you shall receive.
Guess I'll file myself under "Supragenius" then. :wink:

GJ, Flamescreen. This'll make a good basis for a "Links" section when the time comes.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
dolo
SDF!
SDF!

The Fate of Fallout 2.5

Post by dolo »

Hey guys I just noticed that some of you are talking about Fallout 2.5 so to set the record straight, I have been mapping out the thread to the campaign this whole time. It will be in the oven over the summer and if all goes well I will have a test map released soon so you can see the style for single player.

I have heard word from Chris Avallone that there will not be source code (just *because*), so there will be no conversation or bi-directional speech in the campaign.

I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Siege and Arcanum lately to sort of get a feel for the two extremes of 'rpg'. I wouldn't really call DS an rpg but Arcanum is one of the nicest RPG's I've seen in a while.

This is going to take a while to get done, and that's okay. I'm having a blast making up characters and stuff. You might also have tried my fallout tactics speech editor at dteam, which I have greatly improved and modified for my campaign. The new speech editor handles much more than the old one at Dteam, so it's making the descision tree process much easier.

To make a long story short, I was upset before by the reaction from certain community members to my campaign, so that really put me off from doing one. I have not killed the project -- I'm just so damn afraid to release a substandard product, so I am going to spend more time on it than I would have originally.

I'm sure you all understand and I look forward to giving you something that will soak up a few hours of your time -- for fun.

Regards,
Scott 'dolo' Leonard
Dteam. Games & More.
http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~dteam/
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Well, I was wrong.... but at least this means that another map/campaign will be coming out.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Thanks for verifying me Dolo. Good to see you in New DAC.
dolo
SDF!
SDF!

No problem doods!

Post by dolo »

Hey good to be here. Let me know if you need any help with php or mysql. Did you guys split from GSN?

~dolo
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Yep, they did.

Long story short: Those with power got PO'd when Killian (now Killzig) posted info about Fallout Fantasy, so Killian/zig was booted from DaC. And since, in Kreegle's words, Killian is "indispensable", DaC said hasta la vista to everything GSI.

Anyway, when you say "there will no conversational or bidirectional speech", do you mean answering yes/no/maybe to NPCs and the like? If that's the case, why not? It is entirely possible, as shown in Endocore's "What is Honour Amongst Thugs?" and "Quagmire" maps, as well as my Jailbreak Part 1 map, all available from (the old) DaC and NMA.

In a nutshell, the technique (that Endocore thought up) involves using "clones" of the NPC that pop up when needed.

Or do you know all this, and you don't like it?

Well, anyway, it's a damn good thing to hear yet another FOT SP campaign is in the works. Good luck with it! :mrgreen:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
dolo
SDF!
SDF!

My experiences...

Post by dolo »

I wouldn't mind reading a story about what exactly happened to push DAC off the Gamespy Network.

I think I'm going to side with GSN on this one. It's not that GSN hosted sites have to walk on eggshells over everything, it's just that the tone of DAC has been increasingly antagonistic and vile. GSN is a business and has a corporate culture. It seems that they just got tired of yet another angry post from the drunken dwarves over at DAC. Good for GSN!

But I can remember when DAC wasn't like that. Perhaps it was during a time when Killian was getting laid? Zzzzing!! I can remember a day when DAC was actually a fun place to visit. I just hope that the new DAC will go back to those days and try to have fun instead of bust people's bubbles. C'mon guys... games are supposed to be fun.

Like when I had cancelled Fallout 2.5 I got applause from DAC.

http://www.forumplanet.com/RPGPlanet/fa ... tid=542713

Fuck that man... that's a shitty thing to do. Most likely what got the negative karma going to make DAC on GSN's hit list. This is much like the stuff Avallone is going insane over. I'm for one tired of hearing flak from the fallout/BIS community about BIS. Games are supposed to be fun and the developers have every right to make whatever kind of game they want. Let's face it, Interplay is in trouble (have been for some time) and they need product that sells big volumes. PS2 is the only market that will help Interplay get out of the rut it's in.

If you guys want games that are true to the root rpg, I have been having a lot of fun with Arcanum (by Troika ... many of the guys who made Fallout), and although it's not post nuclear hollocaust stuff, I can really get the same feel that I got from Fallout when I first played it (not Fallout2).

Anyway, all this animosity between the fallout community nazzis and BIS is really why I've been dragging my ass on Fallout 2.5... like I feel that I might as well have fun with it because it's only going to be ripped on when I release it, right?

As for Fallout 2.5... there are a few yes/no/maybe things by using the ol' IF IT'S IN THE INVENTORY gag. Basically, you can bring an item to an actor and it will answer a question he has based on the item you bring.

I've worked with clones and I must say it makes sense to use them when you want them to react differently, or perhaps have different items/rewards/skills. You can have a lot of fun with it.

Anyway I just hope that DAC's quality level improves. If DAC wants to bash interplay or BIS, could they at least balance it out with some positive good fun posts about other game houses?

~dolo
Our Host!