why did you pick your nick?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

why did you pick your nickname??

nobody used it
13%
suits me
21%
don´t know
13%
other:please state
47%
just because
5%

Total votes: 38

War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

Lynxer wrote:IN THE GRIM ""DARKNESS"" OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR

WARHAMMER40k, great game, nice figures, very expencive though.
hell, all i ever did were conversions! imagin how annoying it was to buy a $8 model just to rip of an arm or a gun that i wanted! even after making casts out of green stuff, that hobby really sucked the money from me.
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Vote: Other

I got it from a basball coach of mine and I just use it instead of my other nicks. :)
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I wasted numerous figures thanks to my embarrassing painting skill in the early days of my career as a warhammercollecter.
Eventually i had to sacrifice this hobby of mine to spend some more time and money on things i considered of greater urgency :P.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

Even though I have a 1500 point Khorne Berzerker army, I have never played a single game of Warhammer 40K...

The only reason I'm in the hobby is because I love doing conversions of chaos minatures...

I am also quite the "make your own terrain"-nut...

And as for my nick... Well, I used "Cosmo" back in the days of Doom. I later changed it to "Kozmo" because, well, plain old "Cosmo" was way too dull and common. (note: this was before people really began using Zs instead of Ss and Ks instead of Cs... back in 1995...)

When Counter-strike arrived, I changed it to "Kozmo_Naut" because I had just joined a clan and because I needed a nick that would be unlike the other nicks people had and stand out in some sort of way...

(I really wanted to use "CartMANN" or "Pablo Picasco", but they were already taken...)
Darkness40k
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Darkness40k »

I'm old skool Warhammer, being old.

Plastic models for a couple of quid, and termiantors on bikes for less than a tenner.

The good old days.

D40k
IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR
The Kool-Aid Man
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Kool-Aid Man »

Well, I've used an nick close to this for about the past two and a half years. Plus, everybody at school has been calling me the Kool-Aid Man for even longer than that.
The Kool-Aid Corporation, helping to make trash Microsoft and become the next big monopoly.
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

TheReaper wrote:But also some people view me as the Grim Reaper (No lie) because of my height and my tendancy to wear long, black clothes.
8O Ok, I'm not gonna' mess with you anymore..! :new-alien:

Well, my nick kind of suits me...
britannica.com wrote:Ganymede
....in Greek legend, the son of Tros (or Laomedon), king of Troy. Because of his unusual beauty, he was carried off either by the gods or by Zeus, disguised as an eagle......
The "s" was added, because in Norwegian Ganymede=>Ganymedes

Hm, unusual beauty... :mrgreen: *Looks around, sees no girlfriends...* Well, then again, maybe not... :cry:
Well, perhaps the largest moon of Jupiter, suits me more, then... :|
Fallout Forever!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

My screen name came from Starship Troopers. While I was in the Army a fellow NCO used to call me "Sergeant Johnny-on-the-bounce" and when I went online I kept it.

BTW, Ganymedes:
Encylopedia Mythica wrote: Ganymede is the young, beautiful boy that became one of Zeus’ lovers. One source of the myth says that Zeus fell in love with Ganymede when he spotted him herding his flock on Mount Ida. Zeus then came down in the form of an eagle or sent an eagle to carry Ganymede to Mount Olympus where Ganymede became cupbearer to the gods.
(I didn't make that up. Visit Encylopedia Mythica if you don't believe me.)

Remember that all of the moons of Jupiter are named for Zeus/Jove/Jupiter's love interests. :wink:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

8O 8O 8O Hey, perhaps that is the reason why all the girls I know just want to be friends... :cussing:
Hm, I guess I'll have to try to stay awake nest history lesson... Perhaps it pays off afterall... :splat:
Well, not that I am gay-o-phobic or anything, but that kind of took away the shiny image of Ganymede(s)... :P
AND, I've for a long time wanted to become Mr. Payback, so from This Moment On, I will be called Mr. Payback... :twisted: The retributor of the wasteland...
Huzzah!
*Tries to edit his profile...*
Wh-whut? Why can't I change my name?!?!?!?!?
Fallout Forever!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Stainless is Stainless, no?

Stainless is a name that no-one seems to use so it's nice (I;m yet to encounter another Stainless ANYWHERE).

Go to Dune2K forums for some original usernames.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

thats why i took the name i did, i didnt want other people to look like me 8)

although i have seen other people with "ghetto" or "goose" in their name, just not together.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Ganymedes wrote:Hm, I guess I'll have to try to stay awake nest history lesson... Perhaps it pays off afterall...
That and stay away from the Encyclopedia Britannica. It's waaaaaaaay too sanitized. :D
Ganymedes wrote:Well, not that I am gay-o-phobic or anything, but that kind of took away the shiny image of Ganymede(s)...
It really wasn't a big deal to those people. If you were walking down the street in 5th Century BCE Athens with your best friend and he turned to you and said, "My friend, I'm in love," the natural question for you would be, "Boy or girl?" Just like we would probably ask, "Blonde, brunette or redhead?" today.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

mine was created by a friend... i used to go to the gym alot... waaay too much... and whenever my friend would come, i was always there before him... therefor, he decided that i never realy left, and that im the guardian of the gym :P i liked the name, i stuck with it

kashluk: you know... there's a certon unit in age of kings called kushluk? thought you got it from there
Hello New Jersey
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

Voted other because I always like the Brotherhood of Steel and the idea of having holy quests. The Holy Quest for the Holy Hand Grenade, The Quest for the Sacred Pulse Rifle, The Journey for the Lost Brothers...
Also because these quests were conducted by Knights in shiny and polished power armor. They could have also carried swords 8)
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
toughlilgecko
SDF!
SDF!

Post by toughlilgecko »

I originally adopted it over on the NMA forums, where Fallout themed nicks seemed to be the rule. The Tough Lil Geckos look exactly like the regular ones, but are significantly better fighters, almost the equivalent of a Gold. One of them tore me a new one the first time I played, and I've not forgotten the lesson (never underestimate an opponent).
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

It's almost my real middle name and my online alter ego. When I'm online Viktor, I can talk about all the non-PC/gun collector/computer gamer/military history/sexual experimentation/drugs stuff that would get my fired/burnt at the stake as a wage slave in corporate Britain....
Elanire
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Elanire »

I picked the name Elanírë because it's rather unique. Apparently, it's a real name, at least one that was used during the 18-something's. Only then it was spelled Elanire.

I thought I created this name myself. I used elements of Tolkien's Elvish. But then, that's not the first time I have created a name and realized it's not as original as I thought. I'm attached to the name, though.
Sorry, guys, I already have a boyfriend.
When you wear Mandalorian armor, no one can see you weep.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

the guardian wrote:kashluk: you know... there's a certon unit in age of kings called kushluk? thought you got it from there
Yes, I've seen the unit... A mongolian warrior, it seems to be ;)

But Kushluk sounds pretty dull, doesn't it? Kashluk is better... I'm not really sure if I was inspired by this "Kushluk the Traitor"-dude, but anyways, it's a real surname in russian. I found that out while searching "kashluk" from Google.Com... All I found was russian names, like Sofie Kashluk, for example :twisted:
Cameron Hobson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cameron Hobson »

Eh... My reason is really stupid. It's my real name. I used to go by H.M.Murdock, but I desided to drop it.
Stop Fallout Fantasy! Click here!
Jethro Tull
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jethro Tull »

Jethro Tull is my favorite band
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.
Our Host!