i'm stuck...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Grey
Regular
Regular

i'm stuck...

Post by Grey »

I was at the militery base and have blown the whole place up. I went to BoS and all they did was to tell me a nice "thank you" for blowing up the base. I even tried talking to Rhombus about getting a paladin rank, but he called me a thief and kicked me out. ARGH. nevermind that.

I returned to V-13, talked to the overseer, he told me to find the master. Went to Cathedral and here i'm stuck.
I was told to meet with Morpheus in the tower, but i have no idea how to get to the tower. there's some locked door near the big screans, but i can't open it, no metter what i try.
After talking to the shopkeeper i figured up from the dialog options that i need a robe. well.. i saw some robes at the base, but come on .. i needed the space for the 5mm ammo. keeping robes is not my hobby. and the place isn't in a good shape now anyway.
I have no idea what i should do next.
I haven't figured out how to open this door near the screans, or where i can get a robe. i don't don't even if i *need* a robe to get inside. where can i find a robe ? or a key ? help me ppl !

btw Dogmeat was killed in action in the militery base.
may he rest in peace.
Your friendly neighborhood alien scum
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

There are a few ways to pass that door. the simplest way is to get a key.
There are sevral people with keys (the shopkeeper is one of them). You can steal it from him if you have high enough steal skill, or just kill him.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I managed to barter for my key. There's one woman near the door in question next to another, angry guy. You only get one chance to talk to her, though, after which attempts at dialog will earn you a float along the lines of "Go away". But, while in extended dialog, hit barter and buy her key for about 5$ and then you're in like Flynn.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Walking Refrigerator
Regular
Regular

Post by Walking Refrigerator »

If you've talked to the leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse (Boneyard) she told you about the follower spy in the cathedral, named laura. The animated blonde ;). When you tell her the password, she'll open the door for you, and help you on your way to the master.
Before the war, they were know as milking machines.
Now I use one to piss.
Does that answer your question?
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

Just kill them all and loot their bodies. :twisted:
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

one of the easiest ways is the get the followers to help. they can sendin some of thier people to make a "distraction" (too bad they are all melee..ithink) and then talk to laura, red-rider ect... and she will take you to the door and open it. the extra help doesnt help that much, exept as a meat shield. if your char is really smart, just blow the bomb up. or if he's combat oriented, kill the master. i wont even go into talking to the master because i bet you dont have the autopsy disk and ect...
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

You can get a robe at the Followers in the Boneyard.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i never really went the "robe" way. i always went in with gunz-a-blazin'
hey, it was the end of the game..
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

And the robe way is boring... I like having Layra get me in halfway, then assasinating Morpheus, ducking the muties and getting downstairs. Nothing like talki the master into suicide though!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I used the robe to get up to Morpheus, talked to him and then killed everything while going down personally...
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Quite entertaining... Although the followers doing their very own impersinations of human torches when they get too close to a mutie with a flamethrower is neat too...

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

yes, very.

one thing that surprized me was that when 3 of them beat up on one of the melee muties, they actually killed it without any of them dieing.
then a mutie with a minigun killed 2 of them in one hit... :cry:
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

If you take care of them, they'll survive it all... All you have to do is hit each mutie hard once, then they do the remaining dmage and take the buggers out.

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

Dan wrote:There are a few ways to pass that door. the simplest way is to get a key.
There are sevral people with keys (the shopkeeper is one of them). You can steal it from him if you have high enough steal skill, or just kill him.
screw stealing. kill! kill! kill!

BTW, i am a very disturbed individual.
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I just went through Fo1 again. Got the FotA scouts to come with me. On my mad dash out (by the time I got to the master, I only had Ian, Tycho and 1 follower left)

Tycho and Ian got done in by super mutants with plamsa rifles.

The follower took to the technicians with his sledge hammer taking down 2 before I made it to the elevator. Pretty funny stuff.

Loosing 1 follower on the way to morpheus.
loosing Katja and another follower getting into the basment.
loosing Dogmeat and another follower on the second lvl of the vault
loosing Tycho and Ian on the bottom floor.

and after that, I didn't need them to do the military base. 1 shot on the eyes from my plasma pistol was doing kills :)
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

i used a stealth HTH character. that was fun.
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Don't you guys know the magic of SAVE & LOAD - buttons? If I loose a follower/NPC I always load the game to the point where I still had them and try again :mrgreen: Yeah, I know, I'm a pussy.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Shoot, I do that too, if it is a character that I don't want to lose. And I always save before stealing.
:oops:
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

Maybe these guys are playing with super character with maxed out stats?
"Call me Snake"
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Kashluk wrote:Don't you guys know the magic of SAVE & LOAD - buttons? If I loose a follower/NPC I always load the game to the point where I still had them and try again :mrgreen: Yeah, I know, I'm a pussy.
Forgot to mention I kept getting criticals scorred against me and killing me. It seems the better criticals and more criticals perks increase it for EVERY-SINGLE-BLOODY-THING-THAT-WALKS.....

:oops:
Our Host!