Finally got it!!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Finally got it!!

Post by Haris »

:clap: Yay after all these years i finally managed to find and buy tactics. And now i am gonna play it. :chew:
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Poor guy.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well i never played it before. When it came out my pc was to crapy to run it. By the time i bought new pc that could run it they stoped selling it. And than when i ordered it it didnt come. So this time i had to travell to Gothemburg to get it and look in 5 stores for it before i found collection pack with f1, f2 and tactics. Well now i got double copies of f1 and f2.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Backup copies of Fallout 1 and 2 are always good ideas - I've gone through about four of each disc, usually losing them through theft.

I didn't have nearly as many issues with Tactics' story as most people seemed to. Just keep in mind that it wasn't developed as an RPG and that it wasn't made by Black Isle to get maximum enjoyment from it.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Patch it before you touch it. It needs all the fixes it can get.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Yea i got all the patches in this box. Plus i really didnt have any expectations on it after hearing so many bad things about it. So its not half bad so far. But there is still time for me to start hating it.

I remember reading just short after fallout 2 was released a thread somwhere. Not sure if it was dac or black isle forums or nma it was long ago. But it was what would you like in fallout 3. And people said controll over all your followers and tactical combats with lots of people in fallout world and real world weapons and thanks. Than same poeple went mental on them when tactics was released.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Make sure to take only combat skills.

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Damnit. I took barter. :anger:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

You should forget about Charisma and Barter for your primary character and use a barterish recruit for trading.
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Nonsense, doctor, barter and energy weapons are the best tag combo. With a high charisma and the leader perk, then you've nothing but plainsailing ahead. ;)
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

What are you supposed to do before you get energy weapons? Stand back helpessly while your five squad members jump into the fray?
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

:eyebrow: Read plenty of guns & bullets. :evil_laugh:

Seriously there's plenty enough of the gun rags that I never bother tagging small guns anymore.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

So wait your all playing tactics?? :? I thought you all hated it.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

Well i haven't played tactics since it was released (i am still loking to find a copy of it to buy but can't) and the only thing i remember is that i liked it as a tactics game but hated it as a fallout.Maybe if we had a fallout 3 released 1 year later,i might liked tactics a little more (tactics still feels something like a fo2 sequel in me so that's why i haven't replayed it.)
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

All people do hate it, for the fact that it has "Fallout" in it's name...

Otherwise it's a good game =)
Testicular Pugilist
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Tactics was a fun game. Up until the end.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Even as a non-Fallout game, it had a lot of flaws.

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I have never faster started to hate a game that i liked at start. :chew: Its complete crap and not cause it doesnt follow the fallout story, its just plane boring and i am a fan off tactical games like JA2 and Panzer general. Still there is allmost nothing decent about tactics. And the worst part is the online ability that got craped down by the fans and their gay 10k rules. Its like playing counterstrike with lameass graphics and less functions.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Haris wrote:I have never faster started to hate a game that i liked at start. :chew: Its complete crap and not cause it doesnt follow the fallout story, its just plane boring and i am a fan off tactical games like JA2 and Panzer general. Still there is allmost nothing decent about tactics. And the worst part is the online ability that got craped down by the fans and their gay 10k rules. Its like playing counterstrike with lameass graphics and less functions.
Hahahah, I agree. And now that you mentioned JA2, I think I'll go play that because it's a hell of a lot better (of a tactics game) than FOT is, too bad JA2 isn't set in a post apocalyptic world though. If FOT required more strategy and had better turn based mode it would be a lot better.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

As long as the game keeps me amused i can play it. It doesnt mather what setting it has to me. But tactics really needs way to many features to become fun. But yea if tactics was made with same gameplay as JA2 it would be even better than JA2.

What i was really trying to say is that tactics doesnt suck cause it has ghoul prostitutes and robots and ak47. It sucks cause its just plane boring and flat.
Our Host!