Who's the best?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Which Martial artist is the best?

Jet Li
33%
Jackie Chan
67%

Total votes: 18

Condie
Gestapo
Gestapo

Post by Condie »

I think you have to consider that Jackie Chan is not a martial artist, he is a stuntman. He can box a bit as well, but he doesn't do kung fu.

Wheras Jet Li, as it has been said before, is a master of Shao Lin King Fu. Enough said.

Anyway, how can you say that Jet Li always plays the villian? Have You seen movies such as Shaolin Temple 1 and 2, Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2, Tai Chi Master, Last Hero Of China, Fist Of Legend (An excellent remake of Bruce Lee's Fist Of Fury, I think its better than the original), High Risk, Bodyguard From Beijing, New Legend of Shaolin, My Father The Hero, Dr Wai, the Hitman, and the aforementioned Once Upon A TIme In CHina series, and Black Mask? Obviously not.

Of his more recent Hollywood action movies, well most of them were terrible. Lethal Weapon 4 he really didn't have much to do, and I really don't think Mel Gibson could beat the shit of him like that if Jet was really fighting, Romeo Must Die was utterly terrible, and I haven't seen The One (which I have heard is pretty goddamned bad) and Kiss Of The Dragon (which I have been told is one of the most violent films of all time, I'll have to see it soon).

Jackie Chan is a goddamned hero, but I don't think he could fight to save his life. He's just good at doing the stupid shit that everyone else is scared to do. Like the shanty town car chase in Police Story, or when he jumped from the top of the bell tower in Project A, or when he rolled down that fucking giant mountain in a clear plastic ball in Armour Of God. It's a pity he's too old to actually do that kind of crazy shit these days, and he has to whore himself out in fucking garbage like Rush Hour.

And for the record: Chow Yun Fat is a hack and I hate him so much. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was one of the worst martial arts films I have ever seen. Especially the wire work.
________
Industries
Last edited by Condie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrizzledFat
SDF!
SDF!

Post by GrizzledFat »

And for the record: Chow Yun Fat is a hack and I hate him so much. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was one of the worst martial arts films I have ever seen. Especially the wire work.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that movie sucked. Everyone else I know said it was the best. :?
What we have here is a failure to communicate!
Our Host!