Who's the best?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Which Martial artist is the best?

Jet Li
33%
Jackie Chan
67%

Total votes: 18

Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Chuck is the man and you know it! At least when he speaks you can understand him and better listen or he'll kick you in the face and leave you in the middle of Vietnam. The rest of those guys spin around, make a face, and fight Ninja Turtle style. Ninja Turtles = gay.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

There are more ZIPS and SCHRACKS in Chuck Norris movies than in the 60's Batman series = totally gay!
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Hmm...

Post by Gehenna »

Hey, I dig Chuck too. The only one I don't like is jet li. The only movie that he's been in that's worth a damn is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Once upon a time in China sucks, Black Mask sucks, Romeo must die sucks...

Jackie does all of his own stunts, is as funny as hell, and a total womanizer to boot. The falls that he's taken are ridiculous.

Oh, hey wait a minute. Does anyone remember the Chuck Norris karate commandos? Those toys were way cool.

And the ninja turtles so rocked... Unless you're talking the post Eastman and Laird turtles... Those were goofy.
-Gehenna
Every time someone in Interplay's marketing department makes a decision, an angel gets hit by a bus.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

OK!

1) Jet Li was never in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (It was Chow Yun Fat)

2) Jet Li does his own stunts too

3) Jackie Chan is an idiot!

4) Jet Li's films rock!!!
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

speaking on jacky chan... did anyone know there's a jacky chan animated serie?

its... cute... but in a way, wrong
Hello New Jersey
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, I've seen a few episodes. There is something not right about it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, then, tell us what is so "wrong" about that series?
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

for once, every time at the end of the episode, the real jackie chan shows up and give us a few words on wisdom... random "dont do drugs" "winners dont masterbate" etc, i was hoping its a parody
Hello New Jersey
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Jackie Chan may be an idiot, but I simply enjoy his movies a lot. Nothing is better than seeing a man use a ladder or shopping cart as a weapon. Not to mention the fact that he can take a beating.
One day...
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Jackie Chan may be an idiot, but I simply enjoy his movies a lot. Nothing is better than seeing a man use a ladder or shopping cart as a weapon. Not to mention the fact that he can take a beating.
i wouldnt call him an idiot, i'll call him greedy :P

and its not like i havent seen some of his movies either, i liked them quite alot, but i believe the original man was better
Hello New Jersey
darkangel
SDF!
SDF!

Post by darkangel »

Jackie Chan is the best!

After all if I am not mistaken (dip me if I am) Jackie did some stunt duobling for Bruce in one of his films! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

no idea, but i think bruce's movies were before the jackie times, feed me pudding if im wrong
Hello New Jersey
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Actually i'v never heard of ''Jet Li'' before.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

TheReaper wrote:Jet Li doesn't always play the villan, in fact he rarely does. If you watch Once Upon A Time In China 1, 2 & 3 and Once Upon A Time In China And America you will see that he is depicted as a hero.
let's see, Lethal Weapon 4, The One, Black Mask, The Replacement Killers,Iron Monkey, all villain.

:D
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

Uhm, me! Image
GrizzledFat
SDF!
SDF!

Post by GrizzledFat »

Jackie Chan had a Chupacabra in his animated show. :lol: :?
What we have here is a failure to communicate!
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Gehenna »

TheReaper wrote:OK!

1) Jet Li was never in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (It was Chow Yun Fat)

2) Jet Li does his own stunts too

3) Jackie Chan is an idiot!

4) Jet Li's films rock!!!
Oh... Well, I guess all of Jet Li's films suck then. Chow yun fat it was. Even Jet Li's wire work looks like crap, his form is horrible... The list goes on and on.

Oh yeah... Jet Li uses wires and catch nets... Jackie doesn't, not ever(excepting a couple of the american films, where they required it). Holy crap. I can't believe anyone could see Drunken Master 2 and still think Jet Li had enough talent to fill a shotglass...

Hell, I think the choreography in most Van Damme films is better than Jet Li's, and Van Damme isn't even a martial artist!
-Gehenna
Every time someone in Interplay's marketing department makes a decision, an angel gets hit by a bus.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

[quote="Ghetto Gooselet's see, Lethal Weapon 4, The One, Black Mask, The Replacement Killers,Iron Monkey, all villain.[/quote]

Lethal Weapon 4: Baddie

The One: Baddie AND goodie

Black Mask: GOODIE (ex-baddie)

Replacement killers: not in it to my knowledge, it was chow yun fat.

Iron Monkey: never heard of it.

For the benefit of people like Lynxer who have never heard of Jet Li before: Jet Li is and awesome fighter who is a grand master in Shao Lin Kung Fu. He uses wires and nets because his contract requires him to, he doesn't need the nets. If watch a Jet Li film (most recent being The One) you will see that he really knows his stuff.

To Gehenna: Why do you think Jet Li sucks? His choreography is brilliant. He could beat Bruce Lee or Jakie Chan any day.

To darkangel: Jackie Chan didn't do Bruce Lee's stunt double but he was in one of the films. It was Enter the Dragon. The bit where Bruce Lee grabs the mook by the head, it goes to a close-up and you hear Bruce Lee snapping the guy's neck. That guy is Jackie Chan!
Darkness40k
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Darkness40k »

You've seen "The One" right?

What a bad plot.

Jackey all the way, he does his own stunts, with much more style. And takes the piss out of hollywood. Hes the MAN!
IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR
GrizzledFat
SDF!
SDF!

Post by GrizzledFat »

It doesn't matter if Jet Li could beat the crap out of Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan is just cooler. Granted Jet Li is pretty good but I still like Jackie. The only film I liked that had Jet Li in it was Lethal Weapon 4 and I just wanted to wipe that damn smirk of his face. And I think Bruce Lee would win in a fight against Jet Li.
What we have here is a failure to communicate!
Our Host!