Check this out.

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

Check this out.

Post by Apocalypse 2077 »

Hey... what do you guys think of this:-

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
After Y2K the end of the world became a cliche... there are now only personal apocalypses... - Max Payne

I love the smell of napalm in the morning! - Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore, Apocalypse now
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hmm, the guy didn't even mention Fallout in his thesis. What a looser :P

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/nukepop/opens.html

Hey, Apoc you are in the Detroit area?
Walking Refrigerator
Regular
Regular

Post by Walking Refrigerator »

Heh Jimmy, that's pretty sick, but good shit you posted there. You have a collection?
Before the war, they were know as milking machines.
Now I use one to piss.
Does that answer your question?
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

Nah, sorry... I just wrote that because that was the last place I was in a roleplay. Also it makes sense since my avatar is supposed to be a bomb/explosion. I live in the United Kingdom, England. Been to the States a couple of times, though. I figured I best go there before someone nukes it. Heh heh.

After Y2K the end of the world became a cliche... there are now only personal apocalypses... - Max Payne

I love the smell of napalm in the morning! - Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore, Apocalypse now
Walking Refrigerator
Regular
Regular

Cosy atmosphere here, apocalypses lurk around corners and atom bombs flying all over the place :)
Now I use one to piss.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Walking Refrigerator wrote:Heh Jimmy, that's pretty sick, but good shit you posted there. You have a collection?
No that was the main site that Apoc 2077 got the picture from. It's an interesting collection but missing all of the good PA RPG games. This Paul Brians guy needs to get with it.

Oh well Apoc, my new job is sending me to the Detroit area for about 7 months and I've got to find out where the good parts and the bad parts are so I can find an apartment there.
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

Well, I've been to Detroit once. The city centre is definetly not a nice place to be, the stuff I saw is enough to put the creators of Kingpin or Max Payne to shame. Basically you want something on the outskirts but not so far away that you end up wasting a load of gasoline getting to where you need to be.

Walking Refrigerator
Regular
Regular

I'm interested in some post apocalyptic literature - or comics. Any recommendations?
Now I use one to piss.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

Walking Refrigerator wrote:I'm interested in some post apocalyptic literature - or comics. Any recommendations?
What about Earth Abides? I heard of that one from somewhere. I'm sure it's on e-bay. It's a good book, btw.
Last edited by Valdis on Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

The DaC Community Comic is good. I recommend it.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Ghetto Goose wrote:The DaC Community Comic is good. I recommend it.
God damn gg, that was really funny!! :lol: :lol: I am ROFL for the next half-hour! And people say you have no sense of humor. Ha-ha......
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

Interesting PA comics are not to easy to find but a lot have been done over the years and you can find them at places like milehighcomics.com

Ex-mutants by Eternity. Series 1 and 2 are really good. Apoc's pic came from Ex-mutans. The later Marvel/Maliabu issues blow. Eternity also did the following which are set in the same universe.

Wild Knights
Shattered Earth Chronicles
New Humans

Other cool titles are Scout, Doomsday +1 and Kamandi. The last two are older and cheesier but fun none the less.
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

I was suprised to learn that before the films Mad Max was a Marvel comic book character! But then so was M.I.B, before the film.

Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

That's a fucked up headpiece she's sporting there. Looks way to much like Bon Jovi or McGyver.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Our Host!