Best Video Game to Movie...

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Best Video Game to Movie...

Street Fighter
8%
Mortal Kombat
23%
Resident Evil
31%
Super Mario Brothers
23%
Tomb Raider
No votes
Wing Commandeer
No votes
Final Fantasy
15%

Total votes: 13

the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

why must you insult the power rangers?
best artistic serie ever! the pink ranger symbolizes candy! the green ranger symbolizes trees! the red ranger symbolizes roses! the yellow one symbolizes lemonade! and the purple one is fucking gay! now watch them destroy everything that is larger then a building and can talk.... NOW THATS ART
Hello New Jersey
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

No, that is me falling out of my chair laughing.
:rofl:
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

:rofl:MAO
LUB the Power rangers! :D
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Heh.
Yeah I couldn't enjoy more than when 5 geeks turned into colorful mecha teletubbies and performed advanced acrobatic manouvers and kicked ass of even bigger colorful mecha teletubbies!
:lol:
Starseeker
SDF!
SDF!

That does..

Post by Starseeker »

That does remind me(a bit off topic):

WarnerBro/Fox/whatever(bigass media corp) is bringing in EggMan/Ultra Man and Super Muscle Man into the North American market. It would be really funny to see the ports. These old Japanese series were a riot. Ooops, I guess I am showing my age. :P

Anyway, if I have to choose only one out of all of them, I would've choosen RE. Why? Because I haven't seen it. :D

FF is just like Rosh said, plug in a controller and a interface, you can probably call it a FF2000. Sorta reminds me of those wierd PS9 commericals.

Tomb Raider was kinda of interesting, but it has a very similar fault that plagued the Harry Potter movie. They cut it way too short. There were a lot of story/character/plot line left unexplored. I felt like I was watching the Relic Hunter, but just with better effects and Anglina Jolie.

MK - well the first one was kinda of interesting. It did have a better fight secene.

SF - I rather watch the Jackie Chan movie, the City Hunter. It would've been more comical. :)

SM - My youngest brother seems to like it. :D

Hey, wait a minute, what about stuff like, Poke'mon, and Digimon? Didn't they made the big screen as well as video games? :wink: 8O :lol:
Starseeker, signing off.

"The final price of freedom, is the willingness to face the most frightening being of all, one's own self."
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

Starseeker - You should see Resident Evil. It is actually decent.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Yeah...Pokémon is from the original NES Pocket Monsters, and has evolved a lot. The anime isn't that bad, but the merchandising is annoying as fuck. Comparatively, the Ganbare Goemon merchandising is far greater, but it's not as annoying. For a silly series like Goemon is, it's got some neat merchandise. One of the candies I was hooked onto for some time...it's like a rice candy on the inside (kind of gummy, but very nice, it's a stewed rice candy), covered with chocolate and little white candy beads.

Digimon I think was a manga/anime before a video game. I also think there might have been some Goemon anime movies, as some other games do, which are rarely released outside of Japan.

As for games, it's a shame they didn't release a lot more to the US and into Europe. Ganbare Goemon 2-4 are good examples, as is Seiken Densetsu 3 and many more. Soredemo, that's partially why I'm learning Japanese. They use hiragana (romanji, roomanji) mostly for games, with a bit of katakana, hiragana is the first alphabet that Japanese kids learn so that is a wise choice for a larger, more comprehending audience. Sometimes, there is kanji involved in games texts, at which I really belch at.
Our Host!