TED K

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

TED K

Post by Hyacinth »

STEAL IT HERE

INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTURE

CRIB TOUR

Bomb this thread with your review yo, I'm downloading it ASAP #MAILBOMBS
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: TED K

Post by Gimp Mask »

Thanks for reminding me to read the manifesto, still haven't bothered with it. I have next week off so maybe I'll do it maybe I won't :devil:
I liked the Netflix series "unabomber in his own words" and I can sort of understand where he's coming from, maybe I'll give the film a go
cheers Blade II

I remember reading of a Finnish journalist who corresponded with him, I don't know if he's the same person whose letters were circulated on Reddit etc
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Watched it, didn't care for it. It's as if they tried to cram two films into one - a biopic and a Koyaanisqatsi-esque depiction of mamma nature and its destruction - and the end result just feels disjointed.

I think as a biopic the film is pretty bad, it fails to offer any real insight into ol' Ted whose life gets a very superficial treatment. I thought it was weird they completely left out interesting stuff like the Harvard psychological experiments; also the film only vaguely hints at his anti-left views, maybe this is just Hollywood being PC. The Becky bits were shit and felt out of place, same goes for some of the song choices like "Mr. Lonely". The guy's an incel, we get it, sheesh. The cinematography and the score were very nice though, they should have made a Walden movie or something instead.

The film's depiction of an interesting guy with an interesting story was pretty uninteresting, so as a biopic it gets a 1/5 from me dog, but I'm bumping the score up to let's say 2/5 with a cherry on top because of the eye and ear candy. HTH
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Man, I started watching it but the incelness reeks, it's interesting that the reason he sent bombs to airports was that he was pissed over flights passing over him, disturbing him, I thought it was because of some deep analysis with emissions and shit. I will see if I will finish it later, it's still interesting if it's based on his coded diary.

I want to see a good movie about that guy who blew up Oklahoma, Tim McVeigh.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I think there are two sides to the story, of which the film focuses on one. He's obviously a smart guy, influenced by the writings of Jacques Ellul (I think the film showed a copy of The Technological Society on his desk at some point), who came to the conclusion that technology is subjugating humanity, which seems reasonable enough. Then there's the guy who mailbombs people because he's angry, which isn't quite as reasonable, although he did seem to have enough intellectual integrity to admit as much. Whether the former served as a foundation or a justification of sorts for the latter I guess we'll never know.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

He admitted the only reason he made the bombs in the first place was because if he had simply released his manifesto nobody would have listened nor cared about it, so he justified killing people as the only way of making people take him seriously about the matter. Do the documentaries talk about his experience with the government during his time in college and how that made him paranoid about anything involving the government? He participated in an MK Ultra project when he was younger.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

The Netflix documentary talked about the MK Ultra stuff yeah, I'm usually not a fan of crime documentaries but I gave this one a go and thought it was pretty good, it had lots of clips from an interview he did in prison
Our Host!