The School Diary

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: The School Diary

Post by Gimp Mask »

im too good at this school shit i think, this is an overpowered build. either that, or the quality of education is really shit and people are dumb and im god maybe
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Maybe. It was a good Tale though.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Date: November 11th 2022

Progress: 37 % (67/180 credit)

Situated at: Heaven

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I have some pretty interesting courses going on which is nice, been bored with school since... February? or so. Because of my motivational issues I decided to do the bachelors over 4 years instead of 3, so I'll have more time to do and read other stuff while still living the freeloading lifestyle. I have been enjoying this approach, means I can do anything really and still do well in school.

Last period I spent more time on Zelda than on studying and got great grades again, I have realized uni is pretty easy, almost too easy (my grades are at 4.6/5), but also perhaps ultimately not really my cuppa Rosie Lee, as they say in Fallout London. But then what is. Anyway you don't really need to think at all, you just summarize other peoples' thoughts all day long. Not enough magic. But I think it's good for avoiding tunnel vision, maybe, and I don't really know what else I'd like to do right now, so I'm giving uni a solid 2.5/5.

I've managed to keep drug use in check, took a long break from speed over my summer holidays for example and haven't really upped the dose so that's good. "I've got this under control", said every degenerate piece of shit ever.

I've been putting the Python course I took earlier this year to good use, doing recompression stuff to mp3s and jpegs (maybe videos next) so it's not been a total waste of my time I suppose.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Very well. 10 points for Finland House. Ive been on a wee binge since a while back I'm running dryer but will make a white period until Mars probably maybe.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Sounds good to me. I should say that the reason why I've never had trouble taking time off is probably because my dosage is for the most part "medicinal" (as in, the sort of doses real doctors would prescribe to people with funny brains (well maybe a tiny bit bigger just for that extra flavor)) and non-recreational, although I have been known to splurge on the occasion. I'm not nearly as degenerate as I make it seem. Whatever the case may be, I'm winning school so it seems to be working out just fine.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

school's going well as usual I think, 4 week winter break

Today I realized that if I work just a tiny bit harder next year I could have something like a 5 month vacation, which is absolutely ridiculous. I could spend 1 of those months working and then afford to take 4 months off. Lifes a joke when you act like a rich comedian unafraid to get cancelled
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I like working 1 month and then ~ being free ~4 weeks.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Date: May 13th 2023

Progress: 51% (92/180 credit)

Situated at: summer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole spring semester sucked balls, zero motivation largely due to uninteresting courses so didn't get a whole lot of credit, but whatever. I guess I wasn't doing very well mentally either, but then that's winter for me every friggin year more or less. I've done all the mandatory courses for my major now besides a proseminar, but I need to study some other stuff as well and everything I've tried thus far has been hella boring.

Anyway school's out again until the end of August I think, think I'll go for walks, read some books, do some drugs, work a little and just chill p.much. I have very little interest in uni any more, I don't think academia is for me really, but the nice & cheap apartment and all the benefits & discounts alone are worth staying there, so I'll just take it nice and slow. Halfway done with the bachelors and then it's another 3 years for the masters if I wanna do that, so I still have 5 years of lazing around ahead of me, feels good mang. Guess that's my 5 year plan, never made one before but here we are. Doesn't really even matter whether or not I graduate though, so not too bothered about any of this

Anyway, 2 years, not too bad, I usually give up on stuff much sooner because I tend to lose interest
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

:salute:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Hell Yeah school! Will you be senior cool guy in the autumn Gimp? How many years are you taking?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i'll be doing the bachelors in 4 years (usually people do it in 3) but i'm pretty senior agewise anyway. maybe i should start hazing the freshmen next year, put a canvas bag over their head and suck their dick in public, that'll show em who the real bo$$ bitch is round this campus
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Date: September 12, green font color, etc

uni started last week, not a whole lot to report progress or ranking-wise, but it's been surprisingly fun, i'm feeling pretty motivated at the moment, let's see how long that lasts. think i figured out my minor at least so that's good, one less thing to worry about, just gotta get a few bullshit courses out of the way and figure out my ba thesis subject at some point, maybe it'll be about dac :evil:

just a lil summer recap
think I'll go for walks,
nope
read some books,
no
do some drugs, work a little and just chill p.much.
yes
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Ya Know. Life is about Growth. I'm going to take some MDMA crystals now with my Wife.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

may you grow as big as a liger but not as sterile unless that's what you both want in which case godspeed and i'll see u in hell :devil:
Echo
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Echo »

:bong:
Gimp Mask wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:17 pm Date: May 13th 2023

Progress: 51% (92/180 credit)

Situated at: summer

Anyway school's out again until the end of August I think, think I'll go for walks, read some books, do some drugs, work a little and just chill p.much. I have very little interest in uni any more, I don't think academia is for me really, but the nice & cheap apartment and all the benefits & discounts alone are worth staying there, so I'll just take it nice and slow. Halfway done with the bachelors and then it's another 3 years for the masters if I wanna do that, so I still have 5 years of lazing around ahead of me, feels good mang. Guess that's my 5 year plan, never made one before but here we are. Doesn't really even matter whether or not I graduate though, so not too bothered about any of this

Ultimately, what matters most is finding fulfillment and happiness in whatever you choose to pursue.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Agreed. There's just this weird dynamic between me and the society that seems to result in a compromise that doesn't suit either party's needs particularly well, which is a bit of a shame. Trying my best to reciprocate for the societal benefits I reap (and I do reap a lot), but it's a constant balancing act as I'm pretty fucking out of step with the world. Oh well :tetter:

to elaborate on the academia thing: I find the whole tenure track / constant publishing for the sake of it bullshit unpalatable so I want no part in it
Echo
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Echo »

Many people share your sentiment and seek alternative career paths within or outside academia that better align with their values and preferences.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i'll write a full report after the grades are in but school's going well, i'm enjoying the studies again, getting inspired by the courses, applying for a student exchange in japan, using amphetamine on a daily basis, and just chilling
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I've been on a weed binge now for awhile while
Our Host!