Ageing

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Ageing

Post by Hyacinth »

I am filled with immense sadness and sorrow when thinking about my parents ageing. They are not suffering, it is just the process of ageing and them being over 70 that makes my heart sink. I often feel badly about not seeing my siblings enough, afraid that through life our relationships will drift apart, each living our lives. Often before I meet my family I am full of shame for not seeing them enough.

Feelings online eh.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I feel like that sometimes, we're not a very close knit family and have drifted apart from the start I guess, but because of her age I'm calling with my mamma every month or so now, instead of 3 times a year like before. But nature & nurture eh, I've talked about this with da fam and seems like we're all pretty similar. Maybe your family are tokyo drifters too.

It's a weird dynamic, she's very emotional and I'm the youngest of the children so I was always her baby-boy, I'm still sort of enabling that but mostly to not make her sad. Would she be happier knowing exactly what sort of a fuck-up she birthed and the kind of existence I lead, I don't know. That means we don't really have a very close connection though, but I don't see that as a good reason for causing her emotional distress

Being a sibling doesn't mean that much to me, we just came out of the same pu$$y. I'm closer with some of my friends than with my brothers, but then again me & the bros are pretty similar in many ways which makes things interesting.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

My brother lives literally over 2750 miles (4425KM) away from me, and we were never close as it is, but I'm still close to my parents and my living grandparents. I've been feeling like I've been getting old lately, my hair is well over the 50% white gradient now and I haven't been carded for alcohol in years. I spoke to a teenager the other day and I felt so out of touch with anything they're interested it, and what I did know I thought was dumb. My friends are getting married and having children, and I'm still just with my dog.

Getting old is just a fact of life, though, nothing we can really do about it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

It was my great uncles funeral yesterday so I met that half of the family, I havent seen most of them in 20+ years and they are all old men and women now.

Sometimes I think of being a child and now being the same age as my parents were then. I dont really get why they were so caustic and quick to angry and that, I feel older than them, more like my body is beginning to break down and I've mentally and emotionally given up on a lot of stuff.

I suppose one of the last things you really do is have a kid or not. I'm wondering more if I should have one just because I'm bored really. Another forty or fifty years of just being myself seems like a long time. I've done a lot of what I want to accomplish and stopped caring about other stuff I'll never do now. It feels like the beginning of my life is done and I've set the stage for the rest of it. Can't even respec.

Is that all there is?
:chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I'm an eternal baby face, I still get carded every now and then if I trim my beard even though I'm turning gray too #stillgray
It feels like the beginning of my life is done and I've set the stage for the rest of it.
that's a very good way of putting it. just filling my days with stuff until I die, a bit boring really

I am imagining Megatron Jr. learning the art/craft of Space Cat from his father. Also my condolences re: uncle, I'm sure he was great
Our Host!