whats going on with computer games these days

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

whats going on with computer games these days

Post by Gimp Mask »

lots of interesting looking titles coming up

Death Trash
Mechajammer
Weird West
Jupiter Hell (attn Denister)

On a related note I like that cyberpunk has become something of a trend, it's my favourite setting so I'm happy to see more cyber games
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Talking about cyber and ps5, I hope you guys are up for the hottest postapoc title ever made:

https://youtu.be/Lq594XmpPBg

can a 'nigga borrow a pencil?

SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm keeping my eye on Death Trash, and I've already been playing Jupiter Hell for a while now. Did you know they were the guys that made DRL (Doom Roguelike)? That's how I knew about it. Wasn't a huge fan of Weird West. I liked the setting but the gameplay was lackluster. You should check out Brigador and Synthetik. Those are both pretty fun.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I don't have a PS5 unfortunately, I prefer not paying for games for the most part. 60 bucks to find out that it's a piece of shit anyway, no thank you.
SenisterDenister wrote:Did you know they were the guys that made DRL (Doom Roguelike)?
Yeah I remember you recommending that one. How are you liking the new one?
Synthetik looks very good. The similar games I've tried have all gotten pretty boring pretty fast (except for Hotline Miamis, I don't know if they qualify for whatever genre this is)

edit: I tried Jupiter Hell for an hour and it's pretty darn killa! Looks pretty, great controls and fluid gameplay, they did a great job on it. I never could get into DoomRL but this is something else. I'd prefer an ambient soundtrack to this constant action film thing though but I can always play the Derelict Freighter track from Tabletop Audio (great site for music for board games like Space Hulk and shit). I'll give Synthetik a go later as well.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Jupiter Hell is great. Synthetik has too many robots and not enough flying body parts maybe, I like ultra-violence in games like that. Seems like a good game, just doesn't resonate for some reason.

Oh yeah this is also something I'm looking forward to:
Colony Ship, by some codex doofus
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

That looks Hot.
SenisterDenister

Yeah I already bought Colony Ship since I liked Age of Decadence. I like sci-fi over fantasy anyway. An oldie but a goodie is EYE Divine Cybermancy. I love that game.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

That also looks really cool. I want to play that in a dune setting. with the movie coming up Imma look forward to aider horizons of large spaces of desert for first time in 3D gaming history it feels.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

@Megatron

https://youtu.be/IDbrGxNLOD8

Here's this game I was talking about on the podcast y'remember, it is alittle laggy and so but it works well with less fancy settings so as to make it look comparable to the previously posted videos on here. I don't remember playing lol.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Gamedec
This looks quite promising as well!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

~ STALKER 2
~ Chernobylite
~ Atomic Heart
~ Escape from Tarkov

soviet boy summer
SenisterDenister

I already pre-ordered STALKER 2 and I had backed Chernobylite on Kickstarter. Chernobylite is pretty good, the devs put a lot of time and effort into it and did a great job of listening to community feedback. It's a solid 7.5/10, and that doesn't mean it's mediocre, it's actually good but not quite at "great" to me. Atomic Heart is basically vaporware though, and Tarkov is a miss for me since I wanted it to be stalker with mutants and anomalies and is instead just dudes with guns.

If you guys haven't heard of it you should check out High Fleet. I may end up picking it up in a week or two, I know some guys that bought it and said they loved it. It's cool to see Microprose coming back swinging for the fences.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Thanks for the overview of those games!

Microprose... Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time. The game looks fantastic, I'll cop it when it's on sale or if it goes on GOG :salute: Seems hard though, maybe too hard for a casualboi such as myself?
Our Host!