RockSTAR video editing

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

RockSTAR video editing

Post by Hyacinth »

https://youtu.be/WN1QQjgqPCg

Check out Trago.

Binge worthy. [/b]
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

do you make films or are you just really into film-making?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

do you guys like feminist film critique or probably not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXrIYr2V_U

i do anyway its cool
:chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I watched most of that. You can use a specific perspective to deconstruct anything you wish, but what's the point if you leave it at that? Like, she says that the movies reinforce certain societal values, but the conclusion she draws from this is that Tim Burton is a bit of a twat. The problem I have with this sort of critique is that it just focuses on the manifestations of the issues it's trying to tackle, it's all very superficial. (I realize that my criticising her criticisms is an even worse case of delving into meaningless details, but I don't care about this enough to develop my thoughts further at this time) Maybe if she used movies as a framework for critiquing the society she could be the feminist Zizek or some shit, but instead the big conclusion is: Hollywood movies are like candy? Meh? Eh?

With regards to satire, she seems to think that the films are completely devoid of subtext and are to be taken literally. I don't know if this is intentional for the purpose of building a case against Tim Burton for the likes & subscribes; either way it seems like a pretty naive way of interpreting stuff. I can sort of understand this reaction if she had thought of Tim Burton as some sort of visionary / auteur before seeing his films, but that's on her. Maybe I'm misinterpreting her and that's on me

I would give her an IMDB rating of 5.8,
I would love to hear what you think
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i dont like tim burton so its ok with me bud

but generally theres this idea that criticism should also involve solution, which would be good, but usually critique is just pointing at something and saying it is shit because of these reasons, rather than, wouldnt it be better if XXX

I guess? I dunno? Is that okay. what is criticism for and who for and why? Why do we look for critique of art - perspective, dialogue, challenge etc.

I think it is good to say something is bad or shit for these reasons and that doesnt need to involve a solution, but then just saying something is a stupid waste of time is easy, you can just add 'just' in front of something to minimise what it is and make it seem simple and shit

I think the saying goes 'Dont come at me with problems, just solutions, capice? you want a bullet inside your skull, Marone!

what is the praxis of zizek besides walking down the street eating hotdogs out of your pocket

why is noam chomsky just a dumb gnome?

why bother getting out of bed, should i try heroin? it seems kind of addictive. Maybe ill just stick to gambling
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Man post Zizek I love how he talks
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I don't like Tim Burton either. You're right about everything but it's not quite what I was getting at. At least I think it isn't? You mention Chomsky so let's hypothesise two Chomskys:
Chomsky A criticises say the capitalist system's ability to dictate the framework for expression of the press, whereas Chomsky 9 criticises Bezos and the ceo of NY Times or some shit, i.e. the critique focuses on individuals who in my view are the deranged babies of this system, not its mammas. Is there a difference? I don't know, I think so, maybe. Anyway I don't expect solutions but as long as the criticism is about a person and not the bigger issue then it's just a case of looking at a tree and not the big-ass forest you dig ese. I could be wrong
what is the praxis of zizek besides walking down the street eating hotdogs out of your pocket
i thought that was his practix,
he tries to use symbology in movies to illustrate his ideas but i think he fails miserably. translation: doesn't resonate with me, i'm sure he's great and all
why bother getting out of bed, should i try heroin? it seems kind of addictive. Maybe ill just stick to gambling
Give it a go. I would like to. I smoked meth once (well, a bunch of times that constitute a "once") and had to flush the rest of the stash, it was that good. I wrote an essay about the virtues of meth while on meth, it was not very good
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think comsky 9 is good to get people interested in systematic fuck, but chomsky a is where the real meat and potatoes are
Man post Zizek I love how he talks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuI4SFw4g0 - that is a long video that is for fans of Chonmsky 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA here is the hotdog eating video in case you want to watch it
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Megatron wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuI4SFw4g0 - that is a long video that is for fans of Chonmsky 9
always loved his read on Titanic

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

mo chomskies mo problems as they say
Megatron wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA here is the hotdog eating video in case you want to watch it
I do want to watch it so I did and now I've seen it! Chomsky Dogg keeping it real
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

this is another hot Zizek clip from the Vice Interview he did uh...100 years ago?

https://youtu.be/XS_Lzo4S8lA?t=107
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: RockSTAR video editing

Post by Hyacinth »

Our Host!