Removing and merging subforums AKA the Big Clean-up

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Removing and merging subforums AKA the Big Clean-up

Post by Gimp Mask »

What do you guys think of getting rid of and consolidating some of the forums? The idea being that there are like 20 subforums so it would make the forums less cluttered and more readable for everyone because there are so few members right now. I think the forums can also be hidden instead of deleted(?) so some of the changes could be reverted anyway. Here are my suggestions for what would be the most practical solution, let me know which parts you agree/disagree with and why:
  • If I've understood this right, the forum upgrade will break the site/forum connection so we could hide the in the news/submit news/content feedback forums for now; besides we don't have any newsposters at this point anyway

The modding forums should get the ax (lastest posts besides my bullshit was in 2017, nothing ever came of the DAC mods and Prosper a.k.a. the best modder posted his shit everywhere else anyway I think precisely because he wasn't getting visibility in those forums, pretty sure no one is interested in making any new stuff over here either)

All of the Fallout forums could be combined into just one Fallout megaforum, there's 6 forums for them, I feel like this is more of a DAC website than Fallout website at this point because no one's interested in the sequels (ex. there's a forum for NV but not for anything after that) so 1 forum should suffice considering the lack of traffic they receive

We could also merge "Sex, Jet and Rock'n'Roll" and "Fan Art / Fiction" because they overlap in a sense, we'd then have General Discussion, General Gaming, and a general culture/art/entertainment forum
This would bring the number of subforums from 17 (christ, I thought I was kidding when I said 20) down to 6.

Obviously the best thing would be to just get rid of everything but the Wasteland but I am a reasonable man and willing to compromise.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I like the Idea

When we're at it, how about we axe fallout as well and focus on post-apoc in general? Thats what we have been doing for years anyways.

DAC is forever the internet wasteland so let wasteland be law in all of the forum. Just dont spam annoying shit like HELEN! does. Like good old times.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Heres our general theme for the future

https://youtu.be/UxxSf_4IB50?t=8
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Hyacinth wrote:When we're at it, how about we axe fallout as well and focus on post-apoc in general? Thats what we have been doing for years anyways.
I wouldn't mind that at all. I think that was the plan some 1000 years ago already but nothing came of it. I'm just guessing here but I think most of us are not really interested in the franchise any more and there's more interesting stuff like Wasteland 3 and that ATOM RPG and pretty much anything other than Fallout. Also in line with what Taluntain said about game-specific fansites dying off, I don't think there's much sense in maintaining the Fallout fansite concept any more, especially since there's NMA as well, if you're still super into Fallout stuff that's the place to be I guess. Personally I never really scrolled past the Wasteland forum after maybe the first year of my membership anyway. The more I think about this the more I like it. But hope to hear everyone's opinions on this!
Hyacinth wrote:Heres our general theme for the future

https://youtu.be/UxxSf_4IB50?t=8
Spot on :D
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Yea, cleaning up the list of forums is on my to-do for post-migration.
Sorcerer's Place - https://sorcerers.net
Our Host!