Duck and Cover Forum Index

  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 How things are going on your local? View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
munchkin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has your city/state done a good job so far for containing Covid-19 cases?

Is your local government planning for another lockdown again?

I wonder if non-essential facilities will be affected in case another lockdown starts, like the last time it happened. My city's been fairing well but we are still high on covid cases, but with yuletide season coming in, not sure how bad it can get again.
View user's profileSend private message
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 05 Jun 2002
Posts: 2757
Location: Going to School.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mayor does a good job, but governor strikes it all down. Rampant spread. People I actually know have died or been hospitalized. Pretty 2020 around here.
View user's profileSend private message
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: 20 Jan 2004
Posts: 2282
Location: Over yonder hill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In November last year I and my family left Stockholm and moved to a small rural village where I'm from. A couple of thousand inhabitants, simple folk.
We live by the woods, in a bigger house than we'd been able to afford in Stockholm. Working from home with a well equipped gym in the basement.

Impeccable timing.

The Swedish government are doing OK. No big lockdowns, they advise people to work from home and do the whole social distancing thing.
I'm happy with this. Should any one try to fucking lock me down I'd curbstomp that motherfucker back to fucking China.
View user's profileSend private message
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/
View user's profileSend private message
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: 20 Jan 2004
Posts: 2282
Location: Over yonder hill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

naughtpan wrote:
I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.


I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/


I don't think we have that many deniers here in Sweden, I suppose Alex Jones isn't a thing here. However I feel that lockdowns isn't the way to go either since the fatality rate isn't that high. However elderly and people of poor health must take proper precaution and steps should be taken to avoid them getting ill, but I feel we should be able to do that without wrecking our economy; the price of the lockdowns is too high.

I don't wear a mask, but most people don't over here, I just kep my social distance and wash my hands. Has worked thus far but I guess I'll get it sooner or later with 3 kids in school and preschool but why worry. I rarely get ill so I assume I'll just have a cold for a couple of days.
View user's profileSend private message
munchkin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

naughtpan wrote:
I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/


I guess it will never be easy to change people's perspectives, especially during this pandemic. There will always be conspiracies and people who support it. I just wish that this pandemic will end and that vaccines will do its job once it comes available. And thank you for sharing the article, stress and anxiety plays a big role for everyone nowadays. smile
View user's profileSend private message
Hyacinth
Vault Scion
Vault Scion


Joined: 29 Apr 2015
Posts: 234
Location: DAK Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's all about DEPOPULATION angry


Children of men was the trailer.
View user's profileSend private message
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

munchkin wrote:
naughtpan wrote:
I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/


I guess it will never be easy to change people's perspectives, especially during this pandemic. There will always be conspiracies and people who support it. I just wish that this pandemic will end and that vaccines will do its job once it comes available. And thank you for sharing the article, stress and anxiety plays a big role for everyone nowadays. smile


You're welcome. smile
View user's profileSend private message
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 18 Apr 2002
Posts: 3719
Location: 18 Apr 2022

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

naughtpan wrote:
http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/

Thank you for the article. So far the steps I have taken to maintain my mental health have been:

1 Drugs and pills
2 Negative thought loops
3 Ruminating and holding on to the illusion of control
4 Derealization and disconnect from the world
5 Neglecting physical activities and proper diet
6 Being alone and pretty much creating a parallel reality of my own

It's not perfect but I believe with hard work I will be able to perfect it, self-improvement does not just happen overnight.

Things are pretty chill here, my country is pretty sparsely populated and we've done a pretty good job with the containment so far, we have like 300+ deaths. I don't think it'll really get better without a vaccine though if even then. I don't really follow the news but I wear a mask and stuff.


Last edited by Gimp Mask on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
Hyacinth
Vault Scion
Vault Scion


Joined: 29 Apr 2015
Posts: 234
Location: DAK Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey if I had drugs I would at least enjoy them on a daily walk eh
View user's profileSend private message
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 18 Apr 2002
Posts: 3719
Location: 18 Apr 2022

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hyacinth wrote:
Hey if I had drugs I would at least enjoy them on a daily walk eh

The weather is so much better inside
View user's profileSend private message
munchkin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gimp Mask wrote:
naughtpan wrote:
http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/

Thank you for the article. So far the steps I have taken to maintain my mental health have been:

1 Drugs and pills
2 Negative thought loops
3 Ruminating and holding on to the illusion of control
4 Derealization and disconnect from the world
5 Neglecting physical activities and proper diet
6 Being alone and pretty much creating a parallel reality of my own

It's not perfect but I believe with hard work I will be able to perfect it, self-improvement does not just happen overnight.

Things are pretty chill here, my country is pretty sparsely populated and we've done a pretty good job with the containment so far, we have like 300+ deaths. I don't think it'll really get better without a vaccine though if even then. I don't really follow the news but I wear a mask and stuff.


You're welcome. It's great to have personal notes on how we can maintain healthy mentally and physically that we can read every time. Good job!

Btw, after Britain, Canada now accepts Pfizer vaccine. Hopefully, more countries will follow suit!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/12/09/covid-news-stimulus-checks-us-15-m-cases-los-angeles/6499047002/
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group