Some people are making a GECK, for real. Not fancy, though.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Some people are making a GECK, for real. Not fancy, though.

Post by Redeye »

It is called the GVCS.

Close enough to GECK.
The Global Village Construction Set (GVCS) is an open technological platform that allows for the easy fabrication of the 50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a small civilization with modern comforts.

The GVCS lowers the barriers to entry into farming, building, and manufacturing and can be seen as a life-size lego-like set of modular tools that can create entire economies...
short video

Lazy search

It is on Kickstarter, and there is a "TED Talk".

Old news, I just assumed people knew about it.

Then I checked, and no. At least search turned up no post.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Not been here in months. *One* good post. :chew:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Apparently energy-excreting microbes are going to be a big thing in energy production. I understand that moss/plankton is also becoming big in energy generation and there are numerous breakthroughs with fungi/mycelium as construction and insulation materials.

If posting science articles weren't so awkward on here, I'd put that shit out much more often
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Manoil wrote:Apparently energy-excreting microbes are going to be a big thing in energy production. I understand that moss/plankton is also becoming big in energy generation and there are numerous breakthroughs with fungi/mycelium as construction and insulation materials.

If posting science articles weren't so awkward on here, I'd put that shit out much more often
And so you did.
Our Host!