While the site is in build-mode: Mad Max News

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

While the site is in build-mode: Mad Max News

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ Film & TV -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... ?title=Mad Max 4">Film & TV: Mad Max 4</a>

<p>From <!-- BBCode Start --><a href="http://www.aintitcoolnews.com" target="_blank">Ain't It Cool News</a><!-- BBCode End --><!-- BBCode Quote Start -->, here's a new update on the Mad Max 4 situation: </p>
<blockquote>
<p>Then I received this on the new MAD MAX flick from Mert the Surf...Mel Gibson has gone on the record now that he wants to be in George
Miller's upcoming Mad Max 4. If only the studios involved would let
them get together. Gibson admitted to The Herald Sun showbiz editor
Michael Bodey that "I don't know what I'm meant to say. George has a
big family and he'll come and get me," he laughed. "He put a gag order
on me for a long time." However now that the cat is out of the bag,
Gibson confided that he was very familiar with George's script, but
still "there's a lot more factors involved than just saying yes. I
sometimes sit there and think, when the Hell are they ever going to
trust me," he said. "Twenty five years with a few sixes and they still
won't trust you."

</p>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>The Patriot, What Women Want, Million Dollar Hotel... that's a reason
not to trust - but still, I guess if anybody else tried to fill his
shoes as Mad Max, a lot of fans would be pissed off... possibly even
nearly as pissed off if we found out Interplay wanted to make a fantasy
Fallout game!

Or maybe not...</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://aint-it-cool-news.com/">Ain't It Cool News</a></p>
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: While the site is in build-mode: Mad Max News

Post by Viktor »

Kreegle wrote:
The Patriot, What Women Want, Million Dollar Hotel... that's a reason not to trust - but still, I guess if anybody else tried to fill his shoes as Mad Max, a lot of fans would be pissed off... possibly even nearly as pissed off if we found out Interplay wanted to make a fantasy Fallout game!

Or maybe not...
I reckon Vin Diesel would make a damn good Mad Max after seeing him in Pitch Black!

This is what they said about the Bond movies, mind you, I think Roger Moore and George Lazenby were crap!
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Of course Max looks kinda old in the latter movies(has some gray hair and has the leg brace)
Ardemia
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ardemia »

Regardless of who plays Max, a new Mad Max movie will be sweet.
FEV DID IT
Wolf401
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Wolf401 »

Ardemia wrote:Regardless of who plays Max, a new Mad Max movie will be sweet.
Regardless ? Even if it were some rotten actor ( Help me out here ) and sequels are always of bit lesser quality. Maybe they should give it to an actor like Heath Ledger ( he was the eldest son of Gibson in The Patriot )

Or The Rock :lol: I haved mixed feelings about him ( You'll know why if you watch The Scorpion King )
" Death is the Khan way of telling you not be such a smartass "
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Heath Ledger has already been rumoured to play Mad Max Jnr, funnily enough.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I don't think he has the "presence" to play leads yet, but that's only my opinion, perhaps those in charge of casting know better. MM jr. sounds fitting under that prism.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

God, i don't believe it...
{mouth gapes open in horror}
What a poor excuse to make pots of cash. I feel very sad. :(
{wanders off}
Piotr
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Piotr »

Max and jr roaming the wastes? Or is Max settled down and is jr going rebel? Any storyline known yet?
"Luck belongs to them, who are content with themselves" Aristoteles
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
"The best way to learn is to teach" Seneca
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

that sounds like what they might do.

or maybe even not have Sr. in it for awhile, then have him cameo in it toward the middle or something...

Post by Guest »

well, I hope the movie doesn't turn out to be a pile of shite.....
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

No way in hell. Mel is Max. Max is Mel. Vin Diesel?!?!?!? Viktor please tell me you are joking. (i did detect sarcasm, right?) If someone were not joking about that they should be shot, and then hung, and then shot again, and hung once more so that the wild animals and scavenging birds could peck and nibble at their corpse till nothing was left, nothing but bones. Bones which would be ground into a fine paste; that would be used to make dog biscuits. These biscuits would then be burned and the ashes burned again and put in a coffee can. A can that would be put on a rocket and then be shot into the sun, where they would burn forever and ever.

Which brings me back to my point that no one can play Mad Max other than Mel Gibson. Thank you.
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

MaxRhodes wrote: Which brings me back to my point that no one can play Mad Max other than Mel Gibson. Thank you.
I'm quite serious, pal.

Unless he plays a cameo as some sort of tribal elder, Mel is too old to play Max again. Look how battered and worn out Max was at the end of the last movie.... If MM4 is set more than a few years later than MM3, Max should either be dead or too worn out be the ravages of his years in the wasteland to be the main character of an action movie...

Young Vin showed his mettle in "Pitch Black" and I think he would make an excellent "Son of Max" in MM4.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I know a guy who loves Vin Diesel because he is a "fine specimen of a man" and is really buff. Mind you, this same guy skims straight to the fashion pages of FHM.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Yeah, Mel is getting too old. If they want to keep the story going, the torch needs to be passed.

I don't know, I don't care for Vin Diesel, though. The guy just isn't the right one for the part IMO. I guess he just seems like too much of a thug. Max wasn't incredibly ripped or anything, bashing heads together and turning over cars. He was mostly sneaky and cunning, facing lots of people stronger than he was. There's just too many professional wrestling types starring in all the stuff now when they're really not always the best for the part. Heath Ledger seems a little soft for the part, too. I just have a hard time taking the guy seriously based on what I've seen him in in the past. I don't know who should get the part, though. Maybe they should go with someone relatively unknown and have more money for other stuff.
VoodooVito
SDF!
SDF!

Post by VoodooVito »

if you want to see the rock in a post apocalyptic movie just take some peyote and watch the scorpoin king upside down.

as for heath ledger, i'm sure we all loved him in 10 things i hate about you... but hell, if you're going to get a teen prettyboy for the movie, might as well have Freddie Prinze junior play max.

Mel is not too old. jesus, look at Tandhi.
"Larger than life, and twice as ugly"
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

How is Mel too old? Wouldn't Max be old as well? People tend to get older as time goes by. Mel not playing Max would be equal to Fallout 3 being Fallout Fantasy on Xbox.

Furthermore I think if Vin Diesel agrees to play Mad Max then he should be shot, and hung. Then burned, while still alive mind you. Then his bones and ashes crushed into a fine meal that would be fed to pigs. And those pigs would shot, hung, and shot and hung once more. Then their bodies would be left to decay. And their carcasses would be buried in a mass grave where people could come and urinate and deficate upon the grave of the pigs that ate Vin Diesel's ground up body, and say "I am so glad that Vin Diesel was killed, because otherwise he might have been case in Mad Max 4, and that would have sucked"

Which brings me to my point that Vin Diesel should stick to playing boy racers and escaped criminals.
VoodooVito
SDF!
SDF!

Post by VoodooVito »

personally, i would have wanted to see his limbs chopped off and ground up, then fed to pigs which were burned and fed to him, then the remaining pigs would eat him and then be gound up and poured into the sewerage system at a digestive dysfunction clinic.

but that's just me.
"Larger than life, and twice as ugly"
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

MaxRhodes wrote:How is Mel too old? Wouldn't Max be old as well? People tend to get older as time goes by. Mel not playing Max would be equal to Fallout 3 being Fallout Fantasy on Xbox.
No, it would be like Fallout 2 starring the Vault Dweller if he did. "Back in my day, the stinkin' ghouls at least had a little respect for us purebloods." "Can you help me out of the car, Vic?" "Ahh, the gecko bit me! I think he broke my hip!" Yeah, Tandi was in FO2. She didn't join your party to kick a little raider ass, though.

The general idea is that Mad Max is rough and tough and at least before the point where throwing his back out becomes a real issue. It's just hard to see him being the wanderer forever. At some point he's going to settle down, even if it's not in the perfect place. Either that or die. If they want to reprise Max when he was young, a younger actor will be necessary. Or else they can follow the adventures of one of his offspring or an orphan he took under his wing.
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

[edit]
Last edited by MaxRhodes on Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our Host!