Neo Scavenger: Hex based survival

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Neo Scavenger: Hex based survival

Post by Splatterpope »

Free demo here

Neo Scavenger is a work in progress hex based post-apocalyptic turn based roguelike, which borrows heavily from several other roguelikes and RPG's for both it's character system and setting.

Character make-up is chosen by weighting positive perks against negative ones and while there aren't many options available to choose from now, the few that are available definitely change your playstyle, each adding options to combat, scavenging and general survival.

Blue bottle games is apparently run by an ex-bioware dev, Daniel Fedor. Whether that adds or detracts from your opinion of the game is up to you.
The game's development is very active and it's shaping up quite nicely, give the demo a shot, it's free and generous.

The combat choices are fairly varied, with new options coming with different locations and of course perks. My first combat had me run into a bandit with a rifle, who I immediately charged and tackled to the ground. I kicked him to keep him there and when he ran in terror I threw a rock at him then wailed on him with a crowbar for many turns until he lost consciousness from pain.

The next combat I threateningly waved my crowbar at the offending bandit and he ran without protest. Other possibilities included hiding, running away or somehow using botany which I've not tried yet.

Anyway, if you try it out why not share your tales here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Doesn't this have werewolves or something? I think I played this a year or two ago.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

There's some wolf man at the start when you wake up, so I'm guessing there are.
I've mostly encountered bandits and looters so far, and some talk about winged creatures hovering over a city but other than that I have no idea.

Reminds me a bit of Cataclysm, which is pretty good as far as survival roguelikes go.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Looks pretty interesting, worth a shot.
does this work
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

no no no YES

Post by Blargh »

replacement ink cartridge swore that he was MY FRIEND

NO ONE ELSES

O THE PERFIDY :gnasher:

:drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

This reminds me of Roadwar 2000, except very different.
Our Host!