Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Project Eternity up to $1.8m View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Update ] - More info on Game: Project Eternity

Just a quick update to Obsidian's Project Eternity Kickstarter - they've just reached the $1.8m USD stretch goal:

New Playable Race, Class, and Companion! The options grow for your main character and the roster of your motley crew expands with the addition of a new companion from the selected class.

Head over here to donate if you haven't already. There's now 25 days remaining.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something in that kickstarter thingy unsettles me.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll probably weight till the last day then forget to do it. At least there are enough people to help me out in being lazy.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Something in that kickstarter thingy unsettles me.

While I love the rosy notion that public funding will allow all these niche titles that can't get funding from the suits to flourish, it's definitely unsettling. The weird thing is the buying something sight unseen, then the delayed gratification. This is going to lead to some burnt people when the vague, hopefully notion of ye good olde WL2, or true blue Shadowrun, or this BIS revival thing doesn't meet everyone's expectations.

Meanwhile, these are all industry guys - Fargo, Obsidian etc., and a grassroots startup like Iron Towers is getting off the ground without the benefit of kickstarter.

The other thing is the paid for donor input, and the fan influence. Fuck fan influence - only the vocal douches on forums get their voices heard, I don't want these fucknuts dictating what is or isn't in the game - I thought that's why I had enough faith in the developers to front them the cash in the first place, because they're supposed to know what the fuck they're doing without bowing to outside influences.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cimmerian Nights wrote:
The other thing is the paid for donor input, and the fan influence. Fuck fan influence - only the vocal douches on forums get their voices heard, I don't want these fucknuts dictating what is or isn't in the game - I thought that's why I had enough faith in the developers to front them the cash in the first place, because they're supposed to know what the fuck they're doing without bowing to outside influences.

Exactly. If I'm willing to give them money up front it means I believe they are capable of making a good game. I certainly do not want them to listen to the people on the forums since most of their suggestions is mind bogglingly shit.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its opposite day. thats why my opinion isnt shit boggling for once. what happened to wl2??

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic