Double Featurette- Avengers/ Dark Shadows

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Double Featurette- Avengers/ Dark Shadows

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Although I didn't really see them back to back, I'm going to make a review for both because DAC was down during avengers week.

Avengers is basically the movie Marvel has been promoting for years which each super hero movie they have been doing lately. It stars like Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Samuel Jackson, and all the other peeps who are like irrelevant okay. Basically Loki from the Thor universe comes into town and starts messing stuff up so the avengers have to come together and beat him up.

You've all probably heard about the movie already so I don't really need to explain much about it other than how I feel about it. The movie was fun and you get your monies worth when you buy a ticket. It has lots and lots of action but the story and everything is pretty much "meh" but it serves it's purpose. Has to have been one of the busiest weekends I've seen at the movies, I went to go see it a 2nd time with friends on a Saturday night and most of them were all sold out except for 11pm in which I started to dose off but I already saw it once. If you ever liked any of the Marvel movies before then you will see this movie if you haven't already.

DARK SHADOWS

It's another Johnny Depp and Tim Burton production with Johnny Depp starring as a vampire. The story is that he is cursed as a vampire about 200 years ago and wakes up in 1972 and fights the witch that cursed him in the now current day. The witch is played be Eva Green and she is pretty hot in this movie.

The movie was mildly enjoyable but it didn't really have many funny parts and often felt like "ya okay Tim Burton" stuff in it. The movie really had some beautiful set pieces, especially the little fishing town they had. I'm disappointed they didn't show more of the town because it looked really cool and felt very 70's.

I probably wouldn't recommend this movie unless your a big Tim Burton and Johnny Depp fan, as this is pretty much the normal for them.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Avengers was the most entertaining movie I've seen in a long time.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I loved the Avengers. Can't wait for the sequel.
Our Host!