Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Dead State ZRPG Kickstarts View next topic
View previous topic
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Preview ] - More info on Person: Bryan Mitsoda | More info on Company: DoubleBear Studios | More info on Game: Dead State

Spent all your money helping keep DaC afloat? No? Good news, then. Brian Mitsoda and the DoubleBear Studios peeps have just set up a Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming Dead State. The promise remains, in their own words:

-A PC RPG with stats, skills, and perks that make a huge difference on your character’s abilities.

-Dozens of characters with branching, reactive dialogue, and randomized events that unfold over months of in-game time – player decisions and the death of loved ones can change relationships drastically.

-Turn-based combat where line-of-sight and noise affect whether you are spotted or not, making for extremely tense encounters.

-Base-building mechanics featuring multiple upgrades, NPC jobs, and item manufacturing.

-Scavenging mechanics that require players to find supplies, weapons, armor, and other items to keep their allies fed and alive.

-A morale system that factors in player success/failure, allies’ faith in the player, and the overall strength of the shelter.

-Crisis Event dialogues that factor in political maneuvering and making difficult choices that affect your whole shelter.

-Reactive AI that responds realistically to combat situations, player commands, and the state of panic from the presence of zombies.

There's video, too, as is customary with these projects, one in which we can already see some combat, some looting and some banter:

So head over here if you feel like helping the boys reach their 150,000$ target. Pledges start at the usual 15$ for a digital copy. Oh, and if you reckon that you've seen Mitsoda somewhere before...

Daytime Brian Mitsoda

...then you probably have:

VtmB Surfer

Only fitter, sadder, less productive.

jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jesus, save me. And my pocket book.
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh god my wallet just flew out of my pants and hit my computer monitor.
Kashluk
Grand MF
Grand MF

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For a while, I thought Dead State was just a baby project dead in its cradle. But seeing the video of the game play, I must say that this looks really promising. Pledged!

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic