a Decade of Dackin'

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Seen a lot of new folks come and go. Of 2007 I think I may be the only one whose stuck around.

Cripes, how many regular posters are there on DAC nowadays, like a dozen or so?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I am certainly having trouble being consistent with it
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The amount of regular posters has been small for many years. Lots of people always come back to post a bit though like St. Toxic.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I just get depressed if I check in too regularly. DAC used to be the Internet equivalent of the Hub, always something going on, usually in the most lawless, chaotic way possible. Now it's just a tomb, crammed with internet history but definitely dead; has been for some time. Still, nothing wrong with biweekly necrophilia.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I just got over forums. Back in my hay-day of spending every waking moment posting on either DACK or some other random forum. I just can't do it anymore. I look at a forum and just can't be bothered giving my opinion on something I dont care too much about.

I remember; Talps/Pyro flamewar on GSA. Not remembering Kash's name and just calling him NAZI boy because he was 13 (now he's married or someshit).

The whole Danny escapade will also have a special place in my heart along with Spacecat and the Stalker dragons. People seeing how long it takes to get banned on the Bethcock forums (I somehow never got banned just warned 20 times).
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

We try. Got so much shit to do lately, but I'm willing to put another wave of effort into maintaining a presence on here. Gotta happen.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

I can't be assed to remember to come here. I'd probably forget how to breathe if I do.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I remember the great (sorta) exodus when V13 finally gave up the ghost. And the less said about my brief stint as a moderator the better. I was a dumb little shit back then, oh yes. And from dumb little shit to to semi-lurky DAC newsposter, who may or may not be a dumb little shit. :dochill: The smileys remember. The Smileys will never forget XD
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Crüe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Crüe »

A great place to lurk if you're willing to stretch your imagination. Just thought I'd think about not lurking for once.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Assimilate or die, son.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Has it been 10 years? It seems like only yesterday...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Most vivid memory: arguments with Spazmo and Hammer over the years. Sure, I was just a kid and had a lot of awful opinions, but then, those two guys were grownups arguing on the internet with a 14-year old who didn't speak English as his first language.

And of course space cat and Pyro/Megatron in general. Love you, mang :kiss:

Just realized that I've actually become one of the lurkers. I haven't had time to check on the boards for quite a while. The most recent bigger thing I remember is the "Army Diary" thing I had here, haha! And that, too, took place half a decade ago. Gosh.

EDIT
-----------------------

Also, it's really hard to believe that over these years FO3 actually came out and it became the new mainstream norm of categorizing Fallout games. I facepalm myself really, really hard every time I read someone claiming that "New Vegas was a cheap rip-off and couldn't follow the original spirit of Fallout 3"..! There actually are FO3-fanboys now, who are just as fanatical about their game as the "original" FO-fanboys were/are about theirs. It's quite incomprehensible.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

As I recline in my crimson red plastic and metal fold-out chair at 54 degrees looking at my seventeen inch CRT monitor created by Edusoft with a minor smudge in the bottom left quadrant that blurs the green text below (v13 theme) at myseven thousand six hundred and eightieth post on the fourth iteration of duckandcover at twenty nine minutes past six on the ninth of June in the year two thousand and thirteen at the twenty six thousand and four hundreth rotation of the milky way I wonder what happened to davide. And did he ever get with davone?
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The attack on NMA was epic D;
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

TNP.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Tingel Tangel wrote:TNP.
Hah. I had forgotten that name until now. Funnay times.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Arguing with Hammer was teh funny, as well.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Megatron wrote:As I recline in my crimson red plastic and metal fold-out chair at 54 degrees looking at my seventeen inch CRT monitor created by Edusoft with a minor smudge in the bottom left quadrant that blurs the green text below (v13 theme) at myseven thousand six hundred and eightieth post on the fourth iteration of duckandcover at twenty nine minutes past six on the ninth of June in the year two thousand and thirteen at the twenty six thousand and four hundreth rotation of the milky way I wonder what happened to davide. And did he ever get with davone?
I vaguely remember that guy on #fallout I think. Forget his name but he always made emo poems and stuff?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

DAC On Ice

Post by 4too »

DAC On Ice

Drove by one bandwidth and all the avatars were afro-, afri-, african.

Some revelry / ribaldry about declaring a black history year!

DAC had souled out!

4too
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: DAC On Ice

Post by Redeye »

4too wrote:DAC On Ice

Drove by one bandwidth and all the avatars were afro-, afri-, african.

Some revelry / ribaldry about declaring a black history year!

DAC had souled out!

4too
Too bad avatars change globally instead of being locked into time of posting.

Also, some stuff seems to have been deleted.
Our Host!